Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Options

Replies

• islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    This is a suggestion and my favorite :)
    While the others have the same with vodka i have it without it.

I love this, it's pink and sparkly, my favorite 2 things! Putting it on my list for this weekend. Thanks so much!

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    islandbeez wrote: »
    Well, hello March, you sexy beast!

LOVE IT!!!

• dspratt3
    dspratt3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in! Happy to have stumbled upon this group...I worked very hard in February to decrease my wine consumption during the week. If it's not in the house I won't miss it. The weekend though.... all hell breaks loose. I have been tracking food and consistently working out for the past month. Looking to cut back even more in March!
  • ulcaster555
    ulcaster555 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Love my Beer & wine. I'm going to try to be AF Mon to Thursday. Fri/Sat & Sun all bets are off...lol

Alcohol here in Canada is outrageously taxed. We call it a sin tax. The savings will be an added bonus.

I hear you, in Quebec its a luxury to drink, so imagine what i'm saving!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    momefee wrote: »
    Good Morning! I'm ready....I think. I do not have any beer in the house. Beer is my thing.... I have Kombucha on my shopping list tonight after work. I do well until after work, I think that is common. I need to learn a new way to deal with a day in a special education classroom, don't get me wrong I love my job. On top of that I have a new stress of learning about my husband being unfaithful....He works away from home half the year and is still gone now, this does help with dealing with the situation (child involved) Anyway I learned about this last month and because of the shock and pain I did cut back my evening beers, because I know it could make things much more emotional and as my mind settles into my new direction in life I want to keep on this path of better things to come. Wish me luck, and thanks to all of you honest people here that make me feel comfortable enough to say this stuff. Happy March!

You got this momefee and an extra big hug to you with that enormous amount of stuff to deal with. My greatest strength shows at the hardest times in my life. Hang in there. :)
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @momefee, so sorry. I can't imagine. What is wonderful is that you know how important it is to have an alcohol-free brain when faced with tough or important decisions. I'm glad you found this supportive group.

On tips for staying AF, the one thing that works best for me to cut off a craving is to eat just a little something with protein. 2-3 Triscuits with natural peanut butter and a swig of milk usually fills up that empty space for me.

March forward everyone!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Happy March everyone! It's hard to admit this, but I did not do as well as I would have liked in February. While I did cut down the number of days I drank compared to the end of last year, I still had too many days where I drank more than I wanted to. So today I am starting off a new year of my life on a new path. Day one of alcohol free March. I know I can do this. I am not yet sure if this will become a permanent decision or not. One day (or month) at a time.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @momefee- So sorry for all that you are going through. Kudos to you for not using it as an excuse to imbibe, and instead recognizing it as an opportunity to make an important change. Best of luck to you! Hugs!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    momefee wrote: »
    Good Morning! I'm ready....I think. I do not have any beer in the house. Beer is my thing.... I have Kombucha on my shopping list tonight after work. I do well until after work, I think that is common. I need to learn a new way to deal with a day in a special education classroom, don't get me wrong I love my job. On top of that I have a new stress of learning about my husband being unfaithful....He works away from home half the year and is still gone now, this does help with dealing with the situation (child involved) Anyway I learned about this last month and because of the shock and pain I did cut back my evening beers, because I know it could make things much more emotional and as my mind settles into my new direction in life I want to keep on this path of better things to come. Wish me luck, and thanks to all of you honest people here that make me feel comfortable enough to say this stuff. Happy March!

So sorry that you are going thru that. Kudos to you for knowing not to drink because of the emotions. When I drink whatever I am going thru is exponential. That is a very smart decision. <3
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

This was very good!! Thank you!

This was funny I had to laugh " I no longer yank the microphone away from the DJ to start my own karaoke show" :D
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    MissMay wrote: »
    GOOD MORNING MARCH GROUP!!

I was so excited with reading all the posts yesterday between the Feb thread and this new thread. It fills much time that I might have in the past decided to fill with having a cocktail.
    BAD thing about these hard winters in North Eastern USA is the down time and confined indoor time.

I took Feb out in a great way last night. We went out for what I thought was going to be dinner. It ended up Hubby was just cruising the different places looking for social hour and to him, that is drinking hour.
    We went to a place we had not been in a while and when we were asked at the bar area what we would like. I said a virgin bloody Mary Heads turned...and the bartender loudly repeated my request, but hers was in the form of a question.

My husband said: what no alcohol? I asked him were he had been in the past two months? Do you see me drinking everyday, anymore? I don't NEED to drink alcohol when I go out, SO STOP PUSHING ME! Besides we came out for food. Remember???

It was a lovely spicy virgin bloody Mary. win~win

Bring it on March!!!!!!

Yesssssss you go girl!!!!

YAY!! Good for you!! Great job! :)