Paleo for cutting?

What has others done for cutting after bulking? So far I’m down to 65g of fat & 1700 cal from 2200 a day with the Paleo diet.

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    I couldn't imagine being that low fat with Paleo.
  • jenandjoon
    jenandjoon Posts: 86 Member
    What do you mean?

• jenandjoon
    Yup, sure am!
    Are you sticking to your calorie deficit goal? That's what will determine your ability to lose fat/weight...

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    If it helps you stay in a deficit, you feel good, you are getting adequate protein, your lifting performance isn't suffering (too much), then sure. I find it can be restrictive in food choices so it would never work for me and my goals.

When I cut after bulking I just up my protein a bit, lower my carbs a bit and maybe my fat. I tend to eat more cals/ carbs on lifting days to boost performance.
  • Davidsdottir
    jenandjoon wrote: »
    What do you mean?

I've done Paleo when cutting and usually I'm closer to 50g carbs and 150g fat. Nuts, oils, fatty cuts of steak. Yum.
  • jenandjoon
    I don’t do nuts and only use ghee and try to stick to only chicken and fish. Which has put me at 65g or below every day.
    What do you mean?

I've done Paleo when cutting and usually I'm closer to 50g carbs and 150g fat. Nuts, oils, fatty cuts of steak. Yum.

• Davidsdottir
    I don’t do nuts and only use ghee and try to stick to only chicken and fish. Which has put me at 65g or below every day.
    What do you mean?

Whatever works for you.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited February 2018
    Yup, sure am!
    Are you sticking to your calorie deficit goal? That's what will determine your ability to lose fat/weight...

So that's all that matters...
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    I'm bulking on the Paleo Diet, so calories matter. You can cut, but you'll get bored with just chicken and fish. Have fun with it. That way it'll be an easier transition to maintenance/bulking if you incorporate more variety.

Just my $0.02.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    What do you mean?

You use ghee and manage to get below 65g of fat. Impressive!