WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Did 5 minutes on the hula hoop (and got a great ab workout picking it up off the floor!), then the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do the Melt It Off High Calorie part of that DVD.

Kylia – I’m so sorry you’re having such a bad day. Come here any time at all and just unload. Is there any hobby that your husband can get involved with?

Sharon - your daughter sure is very talented

Caroline – welcome! Day 2 WILL be successful, I know you can do it

Carol – you’ve NEVER been to DisneyLand? That’s incredible. Maybe it’s because we’ve been there so many times since in-laws lived in FL. Yet, I never went until we had kids. So I guess I can understand why you haven’t been there.

Microsoft did one of their fantastic updates (yuk) and now there are links that usually were in one spot that are no longer there and I have to really work to find them. Well, at least I can. I hate when Windows does this.

Michele in NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka bicycling when the wind gusts calmed from violent storm force 10 to merely moderate gale force 7? I'm in awe of your determination.
    Karen in Va, Writer, editor, me? Your kind words made me laugh. Long ago at a university far, far away I faked a midterm paper well enough to get a B-. Felt so guilty, wasn't able to write more than a postcard for years. You can imagine what that did to my university career :s . As for editing, flopped at that too, totally blew a proofreading assignment kindly given to help me earn some $$. Your prep sounds just right, tidying to get most out of their time, but not pre-cleaning. Sounds like you are a damfine nurse!
    Pip are you and Kip planning to retire to California?
    Heather, what are mushy peas? :#
    Allie your kindness and caring strain my imagination. Worried about a snake? Buying it a heat lamp? :noway:
    Michele, twisted my brain trying to follow the checkerboard cake plan, but if anyone can make it work, that would be you. Cheesy spinach tartlets make spinach sound good. Used to play Rummikub with my mom, miss both. Ditto here about the soap, soap wrappers and the saving ways of Depression Era survivors. SMH when I see folks throw away ziploc bags after one use, just another symptom of our disposable society's mentality.
    Lisa that image of Haley in her diaper and helmet was a real tea-snorter! Thanks for the chart idea, will use the moving 7 day average to set my improved step goals. Why are we up at this hour???
    Carol At this time, I couldn't face the prospect of no more pets. Is there a shelter near you for which you could foster?
    Welcome Texcaltn, good goals, especially taking all rx. Is there a tv or bookstand near your elliptical? Could you tell yourself "I'm going upstairs to read for 5 minutes" and just happen to be on the elliptical while you do? Just going upstairs will be a victory! ((hugs)) about your pooch.
    CharlieAnn Congratulations on the 3000 steps, that's a great start of which you can be proud!
    NYKaren can't believe I'm saying this but you make zucchini sound yummy :noway: We retired to a smaller house, more rural setting, way smaller town and are loving it!
    Kylia you and Rori and Katla and Lanette and Becca and all the caregiving gals here are true inspirations. Honestly hope it never comes to that with Joe and me as he is a much better caregiver than I.
    Penny your blackcurrant cordial sounds almost as good as the alcoholic mush ice cream topping. How did you come to live at the North Pole?
    Joyce the downstairs litter box/Cat Cafe are brilliant ideas for shelters. OK if I pass it on to the big city shelter where I used to volunteer? Our small shelter here doesn't have the two story capacity.
    Sharon that poppy is gorgeous! Can't imagine starting a new farm at 70.

Tomorrow is Monday=Fosamax day. Will work on taxes, hope to finish. Nighty, night for now.
    Thank you all!

Yesterday
    Walk tumble: 90 mins
    Log/Meditate: yes
    exercises: knees
    steps: 3394 vs goal 4072 Had I done the chart earlier, could have copied Kylia and walked around the house for 600 steps.

desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.

Yup. My family is in central California, he is looking at a place in Redding ca.