Garmin Running not showing up on newsfeed

Hello,

I've been running this week. The runs sync over from GC and show up in my daily exercise diary. I get credit for the calories. But the run doesn't show up in my newsfeed for my friends to see.

In 'settings' 'newsfeed' there is a post for an 'aerobic activity' and I do have that checked. Any ideas?

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Same thing has been happening to me for a couple of months.

Walks appear in my newsfeed, and sometimes those have included a mention of running, but basically no runs have appeared for ages even though I run 4 times a week or more.
  • Garnica2018
    Garnica2018 Posts: 107 Member
    Hello,

I've been running this week. The runs sync over from GC and show up in my daily exercise diary. I get credit for the calories. But the run doesn't show up in my newsfeed for my friends to see.

In 'settings' 'newsfeed' there is a post for an 'aerobic activity' and I do have that checked. Any ideas?

Same thing over here if you get any info please let me know
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Mine is the same. Shows in my diary not newsfeed.
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    Mine stopped showing up in my feed months ago too.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,168 Member
    I ran on Monday (3/5/18) and it showed up on my news feed. I did the same run/same Vivoactive 3 on Wednesday and Friday and it did not show up on my news feed.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    My last couple showed up. The previous couple weeks it was sporadic. Not sure what is going on...
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,786 Member
    I have an email in to the tech support group. MyFitnessPal isn't updating newsfeeds with my runs either. Stopped completely 9 days ago. They tech guy "reset" something in their software and it updated. once. LOL. I think it is giving us the aerobic sync but not the newsfeed thing. A little wonky but if we all keep after them via email maybe they will fix the holes.
  • SummerSkier
    Here is the email address but you might need to create a new case over in the support area

first.support@myfitnesspal.desk-mail.com
  • chris_in_cal
    Yesterday I did a short bike ride and a walk. Both activities did sync correctly. So, yeah, it has been sporadic. I would really like follow up on if it is a Garmin Connect sync problem, or an MFP sync problem....I guess if it is working I don't really care. :)
  • chris_in_cal
    So, could it be only running activities that sync over from Garmin Connect are not being published in the newsfeed? This weekend I did bike activity and a walk activity with my Garmin. They both sync'd and were published on my newsfeed. Today I went for a run activity with my Garmin, it came through to my exercise diary, but did not get published on my news feed. I went into my exercise diary and manually entered a '1 minute' walk. After that the whole run and the walk together got published on the newsfeed.

1) Run by itself: Sync into diary but not on news feed
    2) manually add a one minute run, and then the whole thing gets published on the newsfeed.

Broken.
  • SummerSkier
    I think it’s broke. Sun and Monday worked but today did not. Continuing to email them.
  • SummerSkier
    Chris_in_Cal, I went in to my exercise log just now and opened the line for my run. I did not change it at all but just saved it again. BOOM, it showed up on my feed immediately. I still think it should be automatic but wanted you to know you probably don't need to add anything, just open and resave.
  • chris_in_cal
    Good to know. Yup, it is something on MFP. It sync's it shows up on the diary, and some little thing is hanging in MFP to prevent it from going to the newsfeed. Just touch it somehow is enough to get it to feed. Your method, my method.

I theory I am going to test is that it is just one single thing, that makes it hang.

If I do a Garmin activity (run), then later do a second Garmin activity (swim), adding the second is enough to get it all to go to the newsfeed....with no user touching of the diary at all.

MFP first Garmin activity hangs, nudging it somehow gets it to go to the newsfeed.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    OK. So it isn't just me. Wondered what happened to my running. Showed up in my exercise but not in my feed. Felt bad that my friends weren't "liking" my efforts.
  • chris_in_cal
    Hey @pondee629 can you double check this for me. Try this. Do a run, sync it, have it show up in your MFP diary but not in your feed. (That's the issue) After you see it is in MFP but not in your newsfeed, go into your exercise diary and manually add something else (like a 1 minute walk, or a 5 min bike, whatever) Just make up a small activity and add it to your diary. Then go back and see if your original activity is now magically in your newsfeed.

If it happens this way for you, then I'll submit it to MFP to fix...and I'll be able to be real specific. Thanks.
  • pondee629
    Hey @pondee629 can you double check this for me. Try this. Do a run, sync it, have it show up in your MFP diary but not in your feed. (That's the issue) After you see it is in MFP but not in your newsfeed, go into your exercise diary and manually add something else (like a 1 minute walk, or a 5 min bike, whatever) Just make up a small activity and add it to your diary. Then go back and see if your original activity is now magically in your newsfeed.

If it happens this way for you, then I'll submit it to MFP to fix...and I'll be able to be real specific. Thanks.

Tried it, did not work, still not showing up.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    All my runs have been showing up recently (last 5 or so days). My indoor bike ride today did not show until I adjusted the time. Now it appears on my timeline....
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    None of my runs or other workouts are showing up here in my newsfeed. It has been very sporadic for a couple of months I would say
  • pondee629

Today after my run, I synced my Garmin, the run appeared in my diary but not my news feed. I went to my diary and clicked on the run as if I was going to edit it. Did not change anything but clicked on the check on the top and then it appeared. Bit of a pain in the *kitten*. Since it does appear in my diary, I really don't care (much) that it's not in the news feed. Do I really need a "like" for my time?
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    My Garmin events stopped posting on the newsfeed as well, only appearing in my diary. If they don’t appear on social media, did they actually happen?