Vacation Bulking

Options
2»

Replies

• ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    You only get marginal benefits from creatine anyway.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    ccsernica wrote: »

define "marginal benefits"?

creatine is one of the most researched and supported supplements out there - not some weird magic potion - it is something that has been proven to be effective.
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options

creatine is one of the most researched and supported supplements out there - not some weird magic potion - it is something that has been proven to be effective.

It might have just been coincidence, but when I went off creatine my max lifts dropped by 5-10%. It's a miracle supplement!
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Erik8484 wrote: »
    I researched creatine pills at one point and concluded they were less effective than creatine monohydrate. May be thinking about a different type of creatine pill though!

It costs more too because of the fact that they put it in capsule and you have to take a lot just to have 1 regular dose.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    fb47 wrote: »
    I researched creatine pills at one point and concluded they were less effective than creatine monohydrate. May be thinking about a different type of creatine pill though!

It costs more too because of the fact that they put it in capsule and you have to take a lot just to have 1 regular dose.

Yeah, and I get that it's less effective, but I can't take white powder with me to Mexico LOL
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    fb47 wrote: »

Yeah, and I get that it's less effective, but I can't take white powder with me to Mexico LOL

Don't bring it, I know I won't on my upcoming trip. One week is not the end of the world, I am going there to have fun, not to think about which pills or powder to take. 1 week won't make you lose any gains and progress you have made.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

"Marginal benefits" means it works, but the effect size is relatively small and uncertain.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29059531

The most recent meta-analysis I could find on Pubmed showed smallish effect sizes, and it looked at 60 studies on a total of 646 individuals. These were all extremely small studies, and such things tend to find what they're looking for. This kind issue characterizes most scientific studies, which is why most scientific studies are wrong.

And then there's this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgcfEMu_WSE
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I'm off to the Caribbean in the morning.
    Had my last lifting session on Friday, and stopped the creatine same day.

I'll be back in about a month, back playing catch up in the gym and dipping into the creatine jar. (I have tablets, just so I will remember to take it.)

I'm nowhere near as dedicated as you, so a month off doesn't worry me.
    Also, one of the reasons I lift is so I can have too much fun in the sun. B)

Cheers, h.