Reducing stress?

Options
I've been sorta high strung over a multitude of personal things and it's affecting my mood/weight loss, not sure how to relax because so far exercising, while fun and certainly distracting, hasn't been enough to stabilize my mood. I like to take baths but those don't seem to be helping that well either. How can I chill out better? I'd love to hear some of everyone's favorite ways to relax.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I have found on YouTube guided meditation for relaxing.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    If you have a smartphone or tablet, I recommend the app "Guided Mind." It has lots of free guided meditations and even just some nature sounds to help you relax. You can search by topics, they have them for different moods and challenges in life. There are some in-app purchase options for additional meditations, but I've only used the free ones. A friend of mine has purchased the weight loss meditations and she likes them. There is a free one for that topic, too.

Also...this might seem odd, but I have started using the coloring books for adults and find that very relaxing to do in the evenings.

What about reading? A good book can always distract me from reality for a bit, too.

Good luck!
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I focus on self care to keep my moods up. I like to hike, have a bath, escape to my bedroom to watch Netflix, meet up with friends, at home mani/pedi, etc.

Some people like to draw, colour, paint, exercise, sleep, cook/bake, socialize, meditate, stretch (yoga!), research, watch something, listen to music, drive, "stay-cation," vacation, etc.

Really, the options are endless. What do you do for fun? I'd start there. Identify your fun activities, and focus on doing them. You can create goals, such as one fun activity per day, or if that's too much, maybe 3x/week.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I make myself sit down and watch tv at 10pm. I allow myself to do other things while watching tv aka painting, editing photos, creating new meals.

Otherwise I am zooming around the apartment tidying, doing chores, which one would think make one calmer since things are being cleaned and put away but it ends up with me going to bed in a panicky mode thinking about everything I didn't accomplish.

Also I realized that as an introvert, saying no to outings with friends even close friends and having dedicated what I want to do time is key. Sometimes it is fun to have friends along to do hiking or painting, but I realized I am not relaxing so it is good to regularly do my hobbies separately too.