New to Fitness Pal

Options
Yariii_
Yariii_ Posts: 36 Member
Hello everybody, my name is Yari and I'm a newbie. I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of this year and so far I have lost 10 pounds. I hope being part of this community will keep me motivated and consistent and push me to reach my goal. I love going to the gym but the hardest part for me is eating healthy. If you guys understand the struggle or have similar goals, let's be friends & motivate each other(:

Replies

• OhSaraahhh
    OhSaraahhh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello Yari! I'm sort of terrible at both going to the gym and eating healthy, but I'd love the motivation! Seeing others burned calories gets me to the gym! Anyways feel free to add me ☺️
  • Yariii_
    Options
    Hi Saraahhmf! Surrounding yourself with people with similar goals is always helpful! Will do, if i figure out how to do it haha
  • somuchkatness
    somuchkatness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm the same! I work in a supermarket so my job is quite active and I do a lot of lifting. I go to the gym around 4 times a week but omg is the diet hard. I just got this app yesterday hoping this is what I need to put me on track!x
  • Yariii_
    Options
    Hey, I'm the same! I work in a supermarket so my job is quite active and I do a lot of lifting. I go to the gym around 4 times a week but omg is the diet hard. I just got this app yesterday hoping this is what I need to put me on track!x

Nice! I really like how easy the app works& how I can manage what I am eating. In the past, I had no record of my intake & I will usually under/ over eat. Now, I can stay on track! I hope it works for you& hope we can stay connected. Good luck!
  • Kewuyne
    Kewuyne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome Yari I'm new to this app myself, well about a month or so, and I used to have issues eating healthy until I found fun ways to eat healthy. I can add you as a friend if you'd like then I could share some tips with you.
  • HelenDaleyGarnett
    HelenDaleyGarnett Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi add me to,only been doing this for three weeks,so far so good!
  • Ron_in_NC
    Ron_in_NC Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hey Yari. Kinda new myself. Been about 25 days now. I'm home on medical leave, as I'm doing treatments for stage IV melanoma, and thought this would be a great time to join Planet Fitness, and found this site to keep track of how I'm doing. Plus, great motivation in here from everyone else!
  • Yariii_
    Options
    Kewuyne wrote: »
    Welcome Yari I'm new to this app myself, well about a month or so, and I used to have issues eating healthy until I found fun ways to eat healthy. I can add you as a friend if you'd like then I could share some tips with you.

Hi Kewuyne! That will definitely be helpful! Thank you
  • Yariii_
    Options
    Hi add me to,only been doing this for three weeks,so far so good!

Awesome! I can't wait to help you along the way
  • Yariii_
    Options
    Ron_in_NC wrote: »
    Hey Yari. Kinda new myself. Been about 25 days now. I'm home on medical leave, as I'm doing treatments for stage IV melanoma, and thought this would be a great time to join Planet Fitness, and found this site to keep track of how I'm doing. Plus, great motivation in here from everyone else!

I am sorry to hear that, i hope your treatment goes well. & you have great ideas, try your best to eat better to feel better. & i agree, i have only met friendly people so far
  • Ron_in_NC
    Ron_in_NC Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Yariii_ wrote: »
    Ron_in_NC wrote: »

I am sorry to hear that, i hope your treatment goes well. & you have great ideas, try your best to eat better to feel better. & i agree, i have only met friendly people so far

Thank you.