Feel like I'm the only one with this belly shape

fbp1r9u0zfpw.jpg
nx1ra8t62l0a.jpg

I have yet to find a picture of someone else with this belly shape, and it really drives me crazy. It seems like no matter how much weight I lose, I'm stuck with that little band of fat and a horizontal belly button. As insignificant as it may seem, I desperately want a more vertical belly button, but short of surgery, I don't know if I'll ever get one, or get rid of the fat right above it.
I'm wondering if anyone else here has this body type, because I seriously haven't encountered anyone yet that does, and I'm really hoping for some success stories, that someone HAS managed to change their shape drastically.
(By the way, I was never more than 10-20 pounds overweight, so it's not like I should have loose skin or anything I wouldn't think)

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    That is interesting. I haven't seen that before either.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I actually think I've seen others on here post about this shape. I thought I saw someone call it a B shape belly maybe? Or I'm making it up.

You're cute! Your body composition would improve a bit with some resistance training if you're interested.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I actually think I've seen others on here post about this shape. I thought I saw someone call it a B shape belly maybe? Or I'm making it up.

You're cute! Your body composition would improve a bit with some resistance training if you're interested.

Agree!
  • PlaceboFX
    PlaceboFX Posts: 38 Member
    Your body composition would improve a bit with some resistance training if you're interested.

That's actually almost exclusively what I do 5 days a week! I've put on substantial muscle, just nothing noticeable in my stomach.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Is it possible that you may have an umbilical hernia? my cousin had one of those and her belly above her belly button bulged out like that.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Do a search for "double belly." You are not alone. <3
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    I agree w Firecat, speaking as a member of the B group! I think you stomach is actually awesome, and would love if mine looked half as good :smiley: But I see the area you are unhappy about... Did you have it as a child? Maybe a congenital thing? Or possibly a hernia or something else you may not even know you have.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    PlaceboFX wrote: »
    Your body composition would improve a bit with some resistance training if you're interested.

That's actually almost exclusively what I do 5 days a week! I've put on substantial muscle, just nothing noticeable in my stomach.

Yeah? Have you been training in a surplus to gain muscle? If you have (which it is needed to gain "substantial muscle", you've gained fat as well. You might notice a bigger difference after a mini cut.

My stomach is not shaped like that but though it is flat(ish) I agree that even with lots of weight training, it doesn't really change much. I only do direct ab work in a surplus otherwise it feels not worth it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    Seen it several times with clients looking to lose that last few pounds. Just get your body fat lower and it goes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Mendykiins
    Mendykiins Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2018
    I have a belly button like that. The worst. Lol. You are not alone !
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    I have it. I posted about it in a recent Double Belly/ B Belly thread. I had 2 kids, a 70 lb weight loss resulting in loose skin (20 to 25 lbs to go), and an umbilical and ventral hernia repair.

Not saying you have these issues, but I have a lot of issues contributing to mine.
  • AhmedAtef14
    AhmedAtef14 Posts: 1 Member
    I have the same belly and I have been struggling with it for 15 years now. I’m 34, 176 cm, and 55 kg (which is very low for my height) yet I have this line of fat above my belly button. I hope we can find a solution.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    There aren’t many people with that flat of a stomach! Any online pics you see have probably been photoshopped 🙄
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    My belly does this a little above a surgical scar.