Work outs that WORK

I’m trying to burn as much calories so i can lose the most weight as possible (isnt that why we’re here?) but i’ve just been walking and doing zumba/hip hop dances to burn calories. any other helpful tips on losing weight faster and more efficiently? so far i’ve lost 3 pounds since i started a few weeks ago but i wanna lose more.

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    You just got some incredible advice from some of the most knowledgeable people on here. It's HIGHLY recommended that you take it into account. As very restricted intakes almost always end with failure. Learn about flexible dieting. Every exercise works, it just depends what your goal is
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Daelybasis wrote: »
    I’m trying to burn as much calories so i can lose the most weight as possible (isnt that why we’re here?) but i’ve just been walking and doing zumba/hip hop dances to burn calories. any other helpful tips on losing weight faster and more efficiently? so far i’ve lost 3 pounds since i started a few weeks ago but i wanna lose more.

No...no it's not. I exercise for my fitness and health.

I burn way more calories simply existing and going about my day to day than I ever would exercising.

Your weight loss is going to be far more affected by your eating than exercise. Also, people who crash their diets and then go do a ton of exercise typically fail misserably
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Sometimes we get to the number on the scale we think will be "just right" and we are disappointed. I'm guilty of that.

What helps us look better (even at a higher weight) is keeping our lean muscle mass while losing fat. Lean muscle is firm and tight. Fast weight loss won't help you keep as much lean muscle as moderate paced weight loss. An all cardio exercise plan (while it burns more calories than strength training) won't help either. Don't focus on calorie burns, instead focus on fitness. Strength training will help shape your results.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    I love 9Rounds & can't rate it high enough. It's a kickboxing exercise program, and in 30-35 minutes, I burn 450-500 calories easily. It's never the same, so your body can't adapt & hit a plateau. And it's very therapeutic when you get to punch & kick the bags.