Carnivore

Fattycrabby124
Fattycrabby124 Posts: 10 Member
edited March 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Attempting the Carnivore diet, anyone else giving it a shot?

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    No but it sounds super unhealthy. Why not eat a variety of foods you like at a deficit you can manage and is healthy for you?
  • Fattycrabby124
    It’s really just kind of a test/trial. Max I plan on is 30 days.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Any diet that puts you in a calorie deficit will work. But a well rounded diet ensures you get most/all of your nutrients and is easier to stick to especially long term.
  • Fattycrabby124
    You make a great point, and I tend to agree with you. With that being said I am interested to see how the/my body will react to the Carnivore.
  • Fattycrabby124
    Breakfast was easy. I’m not a big fan of dairy, anyone have ideas for no carb/sugar protein snacks throughout the day?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Bacon
  • Fattycrabby124
    Oh good call. I had it for breakfast but completely spaced it as a snack. Thanks.
  • Fattycrabby124
    Actually it doesn’t have to be Carnivore meat, just meat and fat in general. Coffee and water also allowed.
  • Fattycrabby124
    Also cheese, but I don’t really like cheese very often.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    No carbs... won't be long till you can't poop then. That won't help with weight loss...
  • Fattycrabby124
    From the very few people that have tried it before me, their material says that they had no problem with “movements”. However if I do develop an issue I will definitely post it.
  • Fattycrabby124
    It is very similar in theory to the “keto” diet, however more emphasis is placed on protein.
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    There is an old fashioned, unwarranted unhealthy stigma attached to animal products. Sort of like veganism or vegetarianism was viewed 60 years ago. After being indoctrinated in the low fat dogma, people believe meat is less healthy than plant based foods - which just isn't true.

Actually, it is true - a diet heavy in animal products is directly linked to many types of cancer and heart disease and the World Health Organization has listed red meat as a carcinogen.
  • kamakeakua
    kamakeakua Posts: 2 Member
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    There is an old fashioned, unwarranted unhealthy stigma attached to animal products. Sort of like veganism or vegetarianism was viewed 60 years ago. After being indoctrinated in the low fat dogma, people believe meat is less healthy than plant based foods - which just isn't true.

Actually, it is true - a diet heavy in animal products is directly linked to many types of cancer and heart disease and the World Health Organization has listed red meat as a carcinogen.

Cathunterfit - you proved the point of nvmomketo: There is an old fashioned, unwarranted unhealthy stigma attached to animal products. Sort of like veganism or vegetarianism was viewed 60 years ago. After being indoctrinated in the low fat dogma, people believe meat is less healthy than plant based foods - which just isn't true.