4 month bulk done (w/pics)

Here is the break down.

Left picture size 34 waist weighed in at 182lbs, pic on the right size 30 waist and weighed in this morning at 201 lbs (19lbs difference). I think I did pretty dam good for my first bulk, why am I stopping?? because I feel like it.... I said to myself I would go until I hit 200lbs or until I can't see my abs anymore and I hit over 200lbs so I am going to cut for a few months.

I know my face looks stupid but it's not meant to be a pretty boy pic ;)

and the picture is huge so right click it and select view image

4monthbulkcomparriosn.jpg

Replies

• theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    agreed (with mrm27) and grats on your bulk bro did your body fat percentage decrease in total when you slimmed back down?
  • neilvv
    neilvv Posts: 146 Member
    Awesome work and very impressive gains over 4 months ! I see you also previously lost a *kitten* ton of weight. Hat off to you fella
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    agreed (with mrm27) and grats on your bulk bro did your body fat percentage decrease in total when you slimmed back down?

I've never measured my body fat %, I just started slimming down today ... I'll let you know I guess when I get back down to around 170-180lbs not sure yet how far I want to take it.

According to some random site I just goggled I am at 15% body fat now and I was at 18% at 19lbs lighter ... lol this just made my day ... thanks for asking me that ;)

Also @theopenforum congrats on your change, we've kind of done the same thing ;)
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Good job! You look great!
  • OMG!! you have lost a **** loads of weight!! Awesome commitment to your weight lost , healthy eating and keep up with your weight training!
  • Mechanikitty
    Mechanikitty Posts: 90 Member
    Just here to say you look much better with a beard. Also nice job.
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    yuz bro looking good :)
  • dubble13
    dubble13 Posts: 85 Member
    The before and after pics in your profile are amazing! Very inspirational. Also, good job on the bulk lol :)
  • Great job, keep up the great work.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    great job :D
  • I'm just curious... Why you would bulk for 4 months and then just slim back down to your original weight? Why not try to keep the weight and lose the extra fat? It just seems like a waste of time to go up and down over and over again... Please enlighten me...
  • Jacqson84
    Jacqson84 Posts: 189 Member
    YEeeeeeeeah, buddy!
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Great job! No, your face doesn't look stupid, but do you really think that is what people will be looking at after all that work? LOL
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    nice work!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    I'm just curious... Why you would bulk for 4 months and then just slim back down to your original weight? Why not try to keep the weight and lose the extra fat? It just seems like a waste of time to go up and down over and over again... Please enlighten me...

My original weight was 355lbs. . .

My assumption is you missed my other comment, I gained 19lbs but lost 3% body fat in the process...

As for a waste of time that's really your opinion and that is fine, you obviously know nothing about bodybuilding. Enlighten yourself and do some research on bodybuilding, it's a up and down process. (this reads rude but really it's just logic, my opinion is biased on the subject and you should formulate your own opinion)

Thanks to everyone else for the nice comments :)
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    I'm just curious... Why you would bulk for 4 months and then just slim back down to your original weight? Why not try to keep the weight and lose the extra fat? It just seems like a waste of time to go up and down over and over again... Please enlighten me...

You bulk (eat surplus of calories) to gain muscle, but unfortunately that comes with some fat gain too. So you bulk up, then diet again to get your bf% down, while continuing to lift to preserve the muscle you gained.
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Great job - Keep up the good work!!
  • Congrats to you for an AWESOME job!!! You look GREAT!!
  • hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze
    hOw2lozeAgiN10dAze Posts: 1,841 Member
    I needed to see this today, thanks for sharing! Amazin' job!