I reached my weigh goal and now I'm underweigh.

Okay so I started as 140 and it took me months to be 128 or probably lesser than that since I weighted myself like 3 weeks ago and because I been at the gym.. My main problem is that I suffer from anemia and it made it worse. My hairs are falling out from everywhere, I don't have energy and I can't sleep now. I have insomnia now from being anemic. I'm not trying to lose any more weight . I'm 5'7 and so if a I weigh 120 or less I'm for sure under weigh. I'm really scared. I'm so used to working out and I don't want to stop but if I don't and I keep losing weigh I'll probably end up dead since I suffer from anemia. I eat really good and very healthy and I treat myself to one bad meal once a week. I don't want to lose more hair because seriously my hair is falling out and a lot. My eyebrow, my hair on my scalp etc. it's making me scared. On Sunday I went to the gym and I burned 290 calories . I then went to do leg exercises mainly for my thighs and that was good. Should I stop running and just do the leg exercises or just completely take off a month till I get better especially with my anemia . What's your opinion? I need really good advice.

Replies

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    If you are having problems with your anemia, see a physician. Secondly, you seem like you are at the lower side of your BMI scale. Is there a reason you wanted to be so low? Maybe you could focus on body fat percentages instead of your weight in pounds and work on building lean muscle. If you're not eating much and you're doing a lot of cardio, you're probably losing lean muscle mass too. Those numbers on the BMI chart are just numbers. Focus on your strength, your endurance, how you look, and how YOU FEEL rather than a number on a scale. Your body is talking to you. Listen. :smile:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    This is serious and you should speak to a medical professional about this rather than asking advice on a forum.
  • See a doctor, how do you know you are anemic? are you sure that's all that's wrong? Are you on an iron supplement? Don't look for answers to what could be serious health issues from strangers on line. If it's nothing and you just want support to achieve your goals come back here. I've been an RN for almost 20 years and I have diagnosed anemia and receive iron infusions and even had to be transfused with blood so I do know what I'm talking about. See a doctor.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    This is serious and you should speak to a medical professional about this rather than asking advice on a forum.

^this x eleventybillion
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    I am 5'7" and my goal is 120lbs, I'm 131lbs now and still look chubby, not sure who tells you you're underweight at 120? Your hair falling out and being tired can also be a B12 or iron deficiency or just unbalanced hormones, which is pretty easily fixable!

Either way if you feel you have a problem and you can't stop losing weight, go see a doctor, they will be able to help you! :)
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    According to your profile, you're still in high school. Talk to your parents. Go see a doctor.
  • See a doctor, how do you know you are anemic? are you sure that's all that's wrong? Are you on an iron supplement? Don't look for answers to what could be serious health issues from strangers on line. If it's nothing and you just want support to achieve your goals come back here. I've been an RN for almost 20 years and I have diagnosed anemia and receive iron infusions and even had to be transfused with blood so I do know what I'm talking about. See a doctor.

I know I'm anemic because I was diagnosed with it two years ago and it's always been an issue, I just finished my period which are really heavy and it made it worse. I just need to take iron pills since I haven't been since I thought I was fine but now I'm not.
  • If you are having problems with your anemia, see a physician. Secondly, you seem like you are at the lower side of your BMI scale. Is there a reason you wanted to be so low? Maybe you could focus on body fat percentages instead of your weight in pounds and work on building lean muscle. If you're not eating much and you're doing a lot of cardio, you're probably losing lean muscle mass too. Those numbers on the BMI chart are just numbers. Focus on your strength, your endurance, how you look, and how YOU FEEL rather than a number on a scale. Your body is talking to you. Listen. :smile:

The reason why I wanted to be so low is because I feel fat. But your right, I need to listen to my body, I'm so hard on myself,
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member

^this x eleventybillion

+ 1,000,000
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    You can work out tons, just eat back ALL of your exercise calories.

And see your doctor!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member

^this x eleventybillion

+ 1,000,000

x infinity

I know that sometimes it's just easier to get opinions, but you have mentioned that you know you are anemic, so talking to your doctor will more than likely help you get back on track. Your doc will probably get on you about your weight, and maybe that's not what you want to hear from him/her, but again, you have mentioned that you know you are undweight. Your doc can help you come up with a nutrition plan. Finally, there are many options to help with a heavy period. Visit a gyno and talk about it. It's easy to hide behind the computer but if there is an underlying medical condition you will want to tackle it sooner rather than later.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    If your anemia is a factor then nothing anyone has to say on this forum should matter. See a doctor. ASAP.