Hey my fitness pal

Hello all. I just wanted to say this website is a great help but I really need some advice. It would be much appreciated.
Last November I decided I needed a big change. At my biggest I was about 275 pounds. I got down to 152 but that's when I knew I lost the weight too fast and now needed to start to build muscle. Last November is when I started to take all of the bad foods out of my diet and I started using the eliptical everyday. The two problems were I was doing too much cardio without resistance training. The second problem was I wouldn't eat enough. Probably about 1,000 calories a day. So last month I joined a gym and started eating more. Today I went on the scale and weighed 172 so that's 20 pounds up from last month. If anybody could please give me some workout tips and nutrition advice especially I would appreciate it very much. I don't know if this weight is coming back as fat or muscle. I've been eating a lot more protein like grilled chicken and also have 2 whey protein shakes a day which now I'm beginning to think its to much. Thanks so much in advance

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Are you accurately tracking your intake? Meaning do you measure and weigh out all of your food? This is first and foremost the place you want to start. if you have gained 20 in 4 weeks then you are eating in a serious surplus.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    that would be like a .5 pound per day gain....are you really eating 1750 calories over maintenance every day? How many calories per day are you now consuming?