Eating to capacity

Putting on weight is an uphill battle for me. I know, I know "Eat more". I've heard it a thousand times. Problem is that I eat until I am far beyond full. Everyday. And I am still not putting on weight like I want. I have been doing German Volume training for the past 7 weeks and while I have increased the volume of my workouts, my overall mass hasn't increased. Here is a meal sample

Totals 3,257 272 164 158 4,293 149
Goal 2,890 397 96 108 2,500 58
Remaining -367 125 -68 -50 -1,793 -91
Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar

For those trying to gain weight, how do you eat beyond your capacity?

Replies

• TheMetalMan0
    TheMetalMan0 Posts: 64 Member
    Patience. Looks like you're exceeding your calories regularly so the weight gain will come.
    Also drink calories. Eat until you're full then make yourself some kind of shake/smoothie to pack some more calories in.
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Calorie dense foods are your friend- avocados, nuts, nut butter, cheese, etc. I saw a burger on your diary, ask for an extra slice of cheese. Or use some of that garlic dipping sauce that comes with Papa Johns. Since I only saw two days on your diary, it's a little hard to make suggestions specifically (not blaming you for that, I don't log on MFP usually), but maybe snacking on some nuts during the day (those are chock full of calories for their size), or using more cooking oils, etc.
  • Thank you both
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Keeping eating at your calorie goal every day. It will get easier (you'll get used to it). Also it's much easier if you eat the calorie dense foods mentioned above. Trying to eat very 'clean' on a bulk is difficult and requires a lot commitment because of the amount and frequency you will need to eat. I'm on my 2nd bulk this year and I'm much happier eating ice cream, bread, peanut butter, dried fruits etc. than I was last year trying to force down 3,200 calories of brown rice and sweet potatoes. As long as your hit your macros, you're good.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Are you doing cardio? If so, stahp. I've cut it out entirely for my current bulk. Otherwise I'd be eating 'till I ralphed, and that would just be unpleasant. Also, if all you're eating is sweetbrotatoes and chicken and broccoli, stahp. Get thee some ice cream post haste.