Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    @sufferlandrian Glad you got a couple nights off :) Sorry you couldn't sleep.

I got some much needed uninterrupted sleep today. And my partner is back...yay!! I don't have to wait for an officer to come to the dept so I can go pee.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    All right..'m here, and I got mah cranky pants on...*grumble*
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    I have a chance to grab a quick nap and I couldn't sleep. I got on the exercise bike and put in 20 miles. I still can't sleep and nap time is over.

I bet your blood is half Monster at this point. That plus some time off...no sleep for yoooou!

• uggins311
    uggins311 Posts: 2,204 Member
    Here on my night off..... It is so strange working on a Saturday night. I gotta say, i am not really liking it....
  • theroses72
    theroses72 Posts: 79 Member
    Taking call from the couch and hoping I don't have to head towards the hospital tonight
    Little Rock
  • jennifer_417
    I'm in Spfld, you're just a bit south of me!
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited December 2015
    I am at work. Choir concert at 7:30 went pretty well. Not looking forward to the one at 4pm tomorrow.
    So I requested off to use Tuesday as a recovery day and as I'm normally off on Wednesday and Thursday, that will make it a 3 day weekend for me!

Also, found out that SSP will not ACTUALLY be back in town until Friday which means I will put off cleaning his house until Thursday.

Tentative Schedule:
    Tuesday: Convert sleep schedule to "day walker"
    Wednesday: Celebrate mother's birthday! :star:
    Thursday: Clean SSP's house until it sparkles!
    Friday: Be nowhere near SSP's house and sleeping until the sun goes nova or I have to go to work. Whichever comes first.

ETA: I need to squeeze a bikini wax in there...maybe Tuesday..... :confused:

Also, in case I haven't told this thread, I hate bra shopping but I am SO happy to have bras that fit now. :mrgreen:
  • theroses72
    theroses72 Posts: 79 Member
    I'm in Spfld, you're just a bit south of me!

Sweet.... Cute girl due North! Lucky me! How's your night shift going?
  • jennifer_417
    Quiet here tonight, gives me chance to study. Can't complain!
  • BodyByBex
    BTW!
    This was the main event song for the choir concert I performed in.
    I doubt we sounded as great as this 1974 recording, but we can hope! :grin:

https://youtu.be/uaYkpoOC3S4
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    I am at work. Choir concert at 7:30 went pretty well. Not looking forward to the one at 4pm tomorrow.
    So I requested off to use Tuesday as a recovery day and as I'm normally off on Wednesday and Thursday, that will make it a 3 day weekend for me!

Also, in case I haven't told this thread, I hate bra shopping but I am SO happy to have bras that fit now. :mrgreen:

Yay for new, well fitting bras and three days off in a row!! I finally got ahold of clips so I can put up the lighted garland I've been collecting the past couple years. Hopefully I will get to that Monday when I get up and moving. Hubby's birthday is today but I think we're going to celebrate Saturday @ Dave & Busters.

And some work in between now and then.
  • BodyByBex

Yay for new, well fitting bras and three days off in a row!! I finally got ahold of clips so I can put up the lighted garland I've been collecting the past couple years. Hopefully I will get to that Monday when I get up and moving. Hubby's birthday is today but I think we're going to celebrate Saturday @ Dave & Busters.

And some work in between now and then.

Always getting in the way, that work. Ugh!

Oh! I have found, now that it is colder, I drink less water (because it's usually cold and I don't like being cold.) :angry:

Pro tip to get me to drink more water: Put Tabasco on ALL THE FOODS!!!
  • BodyByBex
    Oh my GOD. I just tried to eat a piece of Hershey's MILK Chocolate and I spat it out. It's DISGUSTING!

I definitely prefer dark chocolate now.
    Also, I had a Dr. Pepper at the holiday luncheon for my work for the first time in about, oh, TWO YEARS and I actually didn't like it. It kinda tasted like dirt.
    WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?! :weary:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,193 Member
    There are nights when I just can't convince a client that their dog is not going to make it. Now I'm putting a lot of effort in to saving this little dog and I'm convinced once I take it off life support it won't make it past 48 hours. 48 long miserable hours since the kidneys have shut down and the liver is failing.
  • BodyByBex
    There are nights when I just can't convince a client that their dog is not going to make it. Now I'm putting a lot of effort in to saving this little dog and I'm convinced once I take it off life support it won't make it past 48 hours. 48 long miserable hours since the kidneys have shut down and the liver is failing.

Part of loving someone/something is knowing when to let it go, and loving it enough to do so. :cry:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    True.

We wish we would have put our nearly 20 year old cat Frankie down a bit sooner than we did. But then the dog we took to get put down was quite chipper the day of the appointment but we knew the next day might not be so good so for awhile we felt we did that one too soon.

It sucks no matter what. My Sonny (oldest cat of ours) is entering his "twilight" years...his coat looks shabbier, he feels bonier. I think he still has a few good years in him, he is just starting to show those signs of age...he is proably 13 or so...but we've promised him that when it is time to go, no waiting around for things to get "better"...love him enough to let him go on time, no selfishness on our part.

• Frankie_Felinius
    BTW!
    This was the main event song for the choir concert I performed in.
    I doubt we sounded as great as this 1974 recording, but we can hope! :grin:

https://youtu.be/uaYkpoOC3S4

That was my FAVORITE Christmas song to sing in church! It's funny, I'm not a religious person (I wasn't growing up either but was raised a Lutheran) yet my absolute favorite memories of Christmas are going to church on Christmas Eve. We'd have a big family dinner, go to this tiny little country church (not our own, why?) with the plushest red velour carpet ever, sing Silent Night by candlelight at the end, go back home for presents and "swimmers" (homemade doughnuts that kinds look like turds). We still do this to this each year for that side of the family and I love going back to that little church. Only time I go... (Except weddings, I guess, but that isn't quite the same...)
  • sufferlandrian
    Just lost that dog, even on life support. Some nights bite.
  • jennifer_417
    I had a cat that died in my arms, as I was sitting in the little room, waiting for them to come and put her down. The tech said probably the best possible thing, that it confirmed that I had made the right choice.
  • sufferlandrian
    It just keeps coming this weekend. The owners thought this new dog was choking on a bone but it turns out the heart is failing. Let's see if I can have a better outcome on this one.