Stretch marks

Replies

• F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    so wear a bikini...

^^THIS. Most women have stretch marks. Mine are god-awful but it's not going to keep me in my house in long pants all summer long. As far as fading, I've tried many products in the past and none work as advertised. Just be patient and buy a bikini that emphasizes the best features of your body.
  • African Americans use Shea Butter and sometimes coco butter (shea butter is stronger though). It does wonders for black women but idk if it would work on you. We also tan to get rid of scars and marks and that does wonders as well. I have so many scars that went away from tannings.

Word of advice, go to a real skin clinic and talk to them. Over the counter products, commercials and random people are useless. I had the worst acne ever and my scars were so bad and everyone was so negative about it. I tried a bunch of over the counter products, I even went to the dermatologist a few times and nothing worked. Honestly, it just seem like it was making it worst. Then one day I went to a skin clinic and they really knew what they were talking about. I got a microdermabrasion that cleared my skin right up! My skin looks flawless and so youthful! I also bought a facial cleanser from them and it cleared my skin up like nothing I have ever seen before. I will never go to anybody or anything for any skin advice unless its a skin clinic. You don't have to go all expensive like I did, but just talk to them and they will easily (and honestly) explain the best product for you.

I really hope that my advice helped! Good luck!
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    I say your stretch marks should be a mark of pride, but if you really want to lessen their appearance, in addition to skin treatments like aloe vera and cocoa butter, you can try to use visualization and meditation to communicate what you want to your body (in this case, healthier, more elastic skin). I've never tried it so I'm not sure if it works, but I know people who swear that visualization helped them get rid of loose skin and stretch marks.

Jon Gabriel is a famous weight loss expert who has no loose skin or stretch marks despite having lost over 200 pounds--I don't agree with all of his methods, but he definitely has some good ideas about emotional health having an effect on weight loss.
  • Mommy2bug2
    Mommy2bug2 Posts: 36 Member
    Bio oil does help. and is great with scars.
  • missmeee
    missmeee Posts: 41 Member
    I have always heard that bio oil fades stretch marks, never used it, but you can try it, I never got stretch marks after having my baby, while pregnant I rubbed my belly with raw Shea butter every day, I got it from an African fair. End results, my belly is clean and pretty after baby, not one mark, but try bio oil, mothers swear by it
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    I don't care about my wife's stretch marks when she wears her bikini. (She does of course) but honestly they aren't what draw a guys attention. Don't sweat them. ;-)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    A) wear a bikini if you want!
    B) they wont totally go away
    C) i had pretty bad stretch marks, just from being overweight all my life. i made a body butter of coconut oil, cocoa butter, and jojoba oil - used it daily and my stretch marks faded dramatically.
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    EMBRACE THEM!!!!!! You're a mommy! Be proud of the transformation you have made and flaunt your tiger stripes with pride!

I have large stretch marks going all the way up my sides because I grew from about 5'6'' to 6'1'' in the course of one summer. I also have some on my stomach from growing OUT in my later years, rather than UP in puberty.
    Do I wish they weren't there? Yes. Will I be strutting by the pool this summer in my bikini and newly formed bikini body? You bet your *kitten* I will!

Stretch marks or no stretch marks, you DESERVE to wear that two-piece. Get it girl! (:
  • summyv
    summyv Posts: 20 Member
    I wear my battle scars/tiger stripes with pride. I prefer them to the excess weight.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    So I dont have kids, but have stretch marks..lol ...my mom since I grew up swore on the powers of Aloe Vera (straight from the plant) . If you look up aloe vera for skin, it has over 200 wonderful healing vitamin properties. My grandma used it on her face everyday since I could remember and she died at 80 without wrinkles ( I am NOT exxagerating).

So long story short..ive used them on my arms for stretch marks an they were remarkably reduced ..were red and now are a lighter white..i can only imagine if i keep it up they may even go away.

Oh yeah..aloe vera produces new cells .its like a natural botox for the fce!! wooo..who knew my mom and grandmas old school ways had any relevance!! :)

True! Aloe Vera is pretty good in general for any type of scar. It does work with stretch marks. Other things that "might" help for stretch marks that are starting to come up is baby oil. If you already have them you can also try cocoa butter. My mom used that for the stretch marks she got from me and from my little brother and it worked both times. They might not be 100% removed but it does help.
  • Quite honestly, as a man, I have never noticed stretch marks on anyone unless they were pointed out by that person. And I am a stomach guy. I love stomachs over any other part.
  • ohmyjiggle
    ohmyjiggle Posts: 71 Member
    There is nothing you can apply that will help them, unfortunately. You'll feel better if you go to the beach with me. Because I have extra skin with stretchmarks past my ribcage lmao. and behid my knees, and my sides. However, I have been wanted to try the derma roller. Look it up. It looks a little scary, but it makes since.

good luck!
  • getdancing2013
    getdancing2013 Posts: 72 Member
    I'm pretty sure I'll never have the courage for a bikini. Women are told to wear their "stripes" with pride, or not to worry about C-section scars, etc, but that only works if you're with someone who won't look at you in disgust when he sees them among other things. Not all mothers are made to feel proud of the body they've earned/gotten when having kids.

As for what to try, seems like Shea butter would be good. Good luck and keep us posted on what works.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    time and acceptance!
    congrats on your weightloss! good stuff!
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    I'm pretty sure I'll never have the courage for a bikini. Women are told to wear their "stripes" with pride, or not to worry about C-section scars, etc, but that only works if you're with someone who won't look at you in disgust when he sees them among other things. Not all mothers are made to feel proud of the body they've earned/gotten when having kids.

As for what to try, seems like Shea butter would be good. Good luck and keep us posted on what works.

thats terrible.
    why are you with someone like that? i dont mean to oversimplify it but really...
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    so wear a bikini...

I wear two pieces all the time. Always have, and why not. :D
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Maybe try a "mono-kini". They make some pretty cute ones and it would take the emphasis off that area. Otherwise, wear a bikini and be proud. I think people will notice your rockin' bod, not your stretch marks!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    As much as I'm sure I will get flack for this I have a friend who did an itworks wrap and her stretch marks went from red to the faded lighter colour overnight. That being said you got them growing a life and they are nothing to be ashamed about!! Kudos also on losing the baby weight :flowerforyou:
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Quite honestly, as a man, I have never noticed stretch marks on anyone unless they were pointed out by that person. And I am a stomach guy. I love stomachs over any other part.

You sir are awesome :flowerforyou:
  • Cath_Taylor
    Cath_Taylor Posts: 104 Member
    Have to say I've used bio oil with good effect on breast cancer radiotherapy scars and funnily enough I don't have any stretch marks on the affected boob...but I do on the other one. Gonna take my own advice and get my oil on! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!