How to smooth hip line and get rid of that annoying hip dip?

Replies

• psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    I didn't even know this was a thing.

*the more you know gif*

Same here!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    I have always had this problem whether skinny or fat (I've been extremely skinny before and still had this problem) and I am so insecure about it. What are some exercises I can do to smooth out the dip between my love handles and my hips? Heres a pic if it helps understand what I'm talking about

http://tinypic.com/r/1zwdzyw/8

I've got it too and DIDN'T wear tight low waisted jeans.

The only way to get rid of it when you are naked - either lipo and relocation of the fat or photoshop.

But for tight bandage dresses I wear a pair of granny pants - Spanx by any other name - that pull everything in and smooth it over.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    This thread is a great reminder of one of the chief benefits of getting older - you don't worry about ridiculous crap like hip dip!

Mmmmm dip. Pass the chips, please.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Thats not a dip between your love handles and hips. You had me so confused. It's a dip more between hip and thigh I think. Part of being a woman. Weight loss! Mine is here to stay.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    don't listen to these people, they don't know what they're talking about. i have it too, its because we wore tight low rise jeans when we were younger. I excersied and lost 30 pounds and still have it. The only wear is to wear tight clothing to reshape it. I just bought one of those body compressors, kind of like spanxs but they're tighter, wear them over your clothing for about the entire day everyday, and the hip fat will smooth out.

giphy.gif

A durrrrrr
  • maryanne2000
    maryanne2000 Posts: 13 Member
    I had to Google this! I did not know it was a thing...

It think it might just be how a woman is made; either you have it or you don't. You can't really control where fat comes off your body.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    don't listen to these people, they don't know what they're talking about. i have it too, its because we wore tight low rise jeans when we were younger. I excersied and lost 30 pounds and still have it. The only wear is to wear tight clothing to reshape it. I just bought one of those body compressors, kind of like spanxs but they're tighter, wear them over your clothing for about the entire day everyday, and the hip fat will smooth out.

giphy.gif

For 'about' the whole day everyday?

So every day you wear a body compressor OVER YOUR CLOTHES all day, every day?

I find this terribly sad.

And stupid.

But mostly sad.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    So you respond to a 5 month old post with crazy advise?? Ummmm..thanks
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    I came into this thinking you were talking about what some people call the "bikini bridge" because it dips in enough to the side of your hips to create that in the first place. I never understood that craze, as someone who doesn't store much weight around the hips I can have it a little (when my belly's not bloated) and I don't really like it. I can't get rid completely though, because unless I put on loads of fat, my hip bones nearly always show. So I've learned not to care.

Referring back to the original question, I'm going to go with others and say it's largely a bone structure thing. The only thing I could think that would reduce it would be to reduce fat on the upper thigh area, but as most of us know, you can't spot reduce. It comes off where it comes off and if you're built a certain way, it's likely that you'll lose fat in those proportions and still have the issue. My advice would be to embrace it, pretty much everyone has it. It's a natural thing.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    I didn't even know this was a thing.

*the more you know gif*

Same here!

Never heard of it. I have two young daughters and hope stuff like this does not become something they are concerned about. At least now I know some of the terms to watch out for.
  • rogerOb1
    rogerOb1 Posts: 318 Member
    I had to Google this! I did not know it was a thing...

Im kinda confused as to how its supposed to be a bad thing *Shrugs*
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I've always had "saddle bags" and even at 34 years old, I really didn't realize that part of it was anatomical. Now that I know, I actually feel better about it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

:laugh:
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    nice boobs. Not sure why you put them in the pic though :yawn: :yawn:

thanka
  • Hbecky
    Hbecky Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    3xcbr1jjxm7b.jpg

Someone Help How do i tone them? giving a more slender look?
    My body just looks so disproportionate :#
    I'm not saying i don't want curves just to remove the fat.
    They aren't just the bone cause i can grab the fat like muffin tops that come out of jeans please if you have any advice let me know!
  • fayelobeck89
    fayelobeck89 Posts: 105 Member

166.gif

A-Maz-ing gif! Bravo! Bravo!
    (Hahahahhahahahahahahahah)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    girlpaint wrote: »
    Lots of yoga and ballet. Plus lose weight, i.e., eat healthy whole foods, drink water and tea and consume fewer calories than you burn.
    Doing all of that won't change someone's genetics if they are predisposed to having them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    Fortunately I do know about physiology and you can't change genetics with some Spanx.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png