Anyone bulking, who uses (plant-based) vega protein/bars?

Options
It's really hard to find good protein powders without sucralose and fake fillers, that also taste good. Out of the brands I have tried so far vega has been the best tasting. Compared to the most common brands (I've been through a lot), it seems like vega is pretty "clean" (plant-based protein). My favorite so far is the chocolate saviseed bar, but curious if anyone else has tried their products & your opinions/reccomendations?

Do you see a difference in using plant-based protein vs. whey/egg?

Replies

• liftsforchocolate
    Options
    forgot the website, here are the supps

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vega/vega.htm
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Baby JEEBUS, please be with me right now.
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    Baby JEEBUS, please be with me right now.

Heyy I was serious haha
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I'd like to know too. I don't always buy their pro-pow because it's generally quite pricey, but I do enjoy their products nonetheless!
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    Awesome! Glad I'm not the only one! :D So you have tried them? Is it just me or is the vanilla flavor better than non-vegan brands?
  • Mcmilligen
    Options
    It's honestly been reeealllly hard to find a good one! The only one I've been able to find that I liked (non-vegan) is online. And even then, I trust Vega's ingredients more. Second place to Vega was "Green's Vegan+ 'Natural Vanilla'" (I think?). I am a bit iffy on trying other whey as well, because some of them don't sit so well (if ya know what I meeeannn) :S
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    It's honestly been reeealllly hard to find a good one! The only one I've been able to find that I liked (non-vegan) is online. And even then, I trust Vega's ingredients more. Second place to Vega was "Green's Vegan+ 'Natural Vanilla'" (I think?). I am a bit iffy on trying other whey as well, because some of them don't sit so well (if ya know what I meeeannn) :S

Oh, definitely agree with you! It also has extra fiber, vitamins, etc most other supps do not.

The taste alone makes it worth it (I mix it with greek yogurt and freeze it a little) I'm literally counting down to 2:30 (like 1 more hr) so I can go eat my bowl sitting in the fridge and then drive to the gym, leg and glutes today haha.

TaBeu8tl.jpg
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Good to know that they are good-tasting. I've been using the Vega Whole Foods Smoothie Infusion but when that's done I plan to try something else in the line, I'm not sure what though. I find the bars a little pricey, I'll have to keep an eye out at the store when they go on sale.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Pure Organic bars are pretty good as well. :) They're fairly clean, but don't have as much protein as Vega bars. They do have lots of healthy fats and taste amazing though.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I just bought my first vegan protein powder. Raw garden of life vanilla.
    I bought it because it was the cheapest non-soy one available :P

It is a bit grainy and there's no way I'd eat it on its own, but it tastes great in oatmeal with some fruit :)
    I wouldn't say that I love it, but I think I'll buy it again when this one runs out.
  • Mcmilligen
    Options
    TaBeu8tl.jpg

Mmmm! This looks so good! Is that a protein bar broken up on top? I've done the same thing with larabars. They actually taste pretty amazing blended in to smoothies as well. :) Yumyum!