What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• fireytiger
    fireytiger Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    fireytiger wrote: »
    I was walking around wearing size 20 jeans and had to keep pulling them up (I *hate* belts so I don't wear them) and in the evening, I was walking through the hallway and they slipped off to my ankles, haha! Now I have a new problem: I'm still too big for any of my size 18s. :P

@fireytiger , I think you're going to need a belt...! ;)

What is it you don't like about them? I found that I hated the way the buckle on mine made my belly appear to stick out even further than it already does! (I don't tuck my shirts in so they hang over the top of the buckle and bulge out.)

I solved that by buying one of those men's belts that have a "clip" fastening - not sure what you call it - that lays quite flat. It's fully adjustable too, no holes, so I can get it exactly where I need it to be and easily adjust it when sitting or standing if it's too tight/loose. :)

If you still don't fancy that kind, what about threading a thin scarf or wide ribbon through the loops and tying that? (It would cause more bulk at the waist, though a ribbon shouldn't be too bad..)

Of course, now I've realised that my current pair of jeans are starting to feel loose (and like you I can't fit the next size down yet), I need a belt for them and this one is too wide! I had to go back to a buckle. :grumble:

(Found a picture of the belt style I'm trying to describe!)

lw9134arrann.jpg

For me, I find them very uncomfortable. They pinch at the waist and it makes it difficult to sit for long periods of time, which is kind of a requirement when I work a desk job! Add to the fact that for some stupid reason women's dress pants in higher sizes now have no belt loops... obviously jeans have loops but I can also just not wear the jeans, I can't wear them at work anyway. I may try to do a sash or scarf, I like the look of that. Maybe i'll have my boyfriend sew some makeshift belt loops on my dress pants so I can do that. He's actually really good at sewing, whereas I am hopelessly inept lol. ;)
  • ptipton520
    ptipton520 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I couldn't do a simple thing like put 1 sock on without problems let alone 2. Today I could put them on pretty quick without any problem.

Great Work! It's that small things like this that I really appreciate. Just being able to easily put on your shoes. One reason I hate flying is having to put my shoes back on. I've finally learned to ask for a shoe horn. That helps.
  • kitkatlp
    kitkatlp Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    1) Was told today by a consultant that I am "fit and healthy". I was so pleased to hear a medical professional say this to me that I wasn't that bothered by the diagnosis (something I'd been expecting for a long time, not life-threatening, completely manageable and an excellent long-term prognosis, although more visits to hospitals/doctors to monitor things).

2) The diagnosed condition can be affected adversely by weight, so this has spurred me on to hit my goal.

3) During my hospital appointment, they measured my height and weight; turns out that I am taller than I thought I was and so my BMI has instantly dropped :)

That's such a great achievement ! Well done !

I'm getting closer and closer to this goal and I'm so looking forward to hearing the same from my doctor ! ;)
    I'm in the process of changing over my whole wardrobe. Today I was leaving work and one of the guys goes to me where the hell did your *kitten* go to.

This one is totally vein but it's one of those moments that I thought would never happen again. I'm getting ready for work and I look in the mirror and I see my individual chest muscles moving. So I am like some 14 year old kid flexing my chest watching the muscles Ripple and going wow. Totally self-absorbed narcissistic thing to do.

To all the new people who'll read this all I can tell you is trust the process it works believe in yourself and realize your worth it. God bless

The closer I get to my GW, the more I do the same...that's the whole purpose of this thing isn't it?
    Getting to love your body again (and be healthy at the same time!).

God bless you !
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    cariduttry wrote: »
    i'm finally only obese class 1!! started as obese class 3 (morbidly obese).
    Won't be long till your overweight. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!