SUCKY NIGHT AT GYM

I went to the gym last night for the first time in a while. I went hard. Elliptical, treadmill, weights, jump rope.
I also have plantar fascitiis and its to the point where I shouldnt walk if I dont have to.
Needless to say, I didnt make it to work this morning and there is a doctors visit scheduled in the morning.
My foot feels like its crumbling underneath me.

):

Replies

• pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    What motivated you to put pressure on it?
  • sltaylor94
    sltaylor94 Posts: 60
    wanting to lose weight sometimes is more prevalent than my pain scale
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    I totally get that, but if you've got such a serious thing with your foot there must be other things you can do that don't impact - swimming wouldn't, would it?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member

losing weight is from your calorie deficit...exercise is for health and fitness...except in your case where you have harmed your health.
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Do you normally go hard or did you just decide to go balls to the wall? Like with anything, you have to ease into it gradually... especially if you have a medical condition. Try lower impact cardio and talk to your physician about what they suggest.
  • Marccapi
    Marccapi Posts: 12 Member
    I went to the gym last night for the first time in a while. I went hard. Elliptical, treadmill, weights, jump rope.
    I also have plantar fascitiis and its to the point where I shouldnt walk if I dont have to.
    Needless to say, I didnt make it to work this morning and there is a doctors visit scheduled in the morning.
    My foot feels like its crumbling underneath me.

):

What kind of trainers you wearing and you got good shock absorber insoles?
  • elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Do you normally go hard or did you just decide to go balls to the wall? Like with anything, you have to ease into it gradually... especially if you have a medical condition. Try lower impact cardio and talk to your physician about what they suggest.

This.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    I totally sympathize! I have plantar fasciitis too. What is saving me is biking. I can bike as much as I want and it does not bother my feet. I used to run, hike, backpack, but I really can't do those things any more. It sucks!

What has helped for me is wearing shoes with the superfeet green insoles pretty much any time I'm awake. Also lots of ice, stretching, and foam rolling.

Hope your doc visit helps!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

All you need is a calorie deficit for that...
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    That's totally ludicrous behaviour - that I identify with :-) My experience is that I fell over and hurt my knee - kept going and ended up being so injured I couldn't walk more that 50 yards without is swelling. Got really despondent and packed everything up for a while (another ludicrous behaviour). It has taken over 2 months to get it right (by not doing anything) and it still isn't perfect now. In that time I gained weight so I need to now undo this before moving on. Looking back I would tell myself to stop doing stuff that hurt and concentrate on stuff that didn't - like weights or a towing machine.
    Good luck :-)
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    I totally sympathize! I have plantar fasciitis too. What is saving me is biking. I can bike as much as I want and it does not bother my feet. I used to run, hike, backpack, but I really can't do those things any more. It sucks!

What has helped for me is wearing shoes with the superfeet green insoles pretty much any time I'm awake. Also lots of ice, stretching, and foam rolling.

Hope your doc visit helps!

Yes I'm currently getting shock treatment for Plantar fasciitis - it's working well

Cycling is brilliant exercise - I can burn near on 1000 calories a day on the bike with no ill effects felt on my poor feet.

I've found that very rigid cycle shoes help immensely, I've started wearing them on the stationary bike at the gym too when I can't get out on the open road

Edit: Beware of making your Plantar fasciitis even worse as someone on here was telling me the other day that they had Plantar release surgery to correct her problem, and was in a wheel chair for months and has only just got back to fitness after 2 years of rehab!
  • sltaylor94
    sltaylor94 Posts: 60
    great. someone already suggested i see an ortho.

i hate this stupid condition.