Bulker keep bulking? :o

I would like personal opinions on whether or not to continue with my bulk, visually. It's hard for me to visually not pinpoint flaws and these pictures are far from flattering. Thought some stranger opinions were in order. Ideally, I would like to continue IF visually I am happy and I am 20% or below. These are my progress pictures from February of this year to this week. I'm 5'3.5 " 119 lbs in first pic. Around the same weight currently, as during the course of my bulk I dipped down to 115 lbs before steadily gaining. Ideally, I want to bulk for as long as possible.

mbl305.jpg

33bza0m.jpg
24fcl5e.jpg
I fear I may suffer a tad from former fat boy syndrome. It was tough for me to mentally handle gaining weight, after having lost the weight I did. Sidesteel truly was instrumental in helping encourage me to bulk. I'm a tad vain. I would like to retain somewhat of a figure through this bulk but my ultimate goal is strength gains. The strength side of it has been phenomenal. I'd never weight lifted prior to last year for my 9 month cut and the difference is astounding. Thanks guys for your time! ♡

Replies

• Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    You can do eet! I say keep bulking, your BF% is still quite low by the looks of it.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    pics are too small.

PS ...get out of your head.:heart:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    you look effing stunning.

I would keep bulking a bit more...but what do I know?
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    you look effing stunning.

I would keep bulking a bit more...but what do I know?

I think you're amazing and your word means a hella lots! ♡ ty! And yes, I've spent far too much time in ma head
  • SugaryLynx
    You can do eet! I say keep bulking, your BF% is still quite low by the looks of it.

Ty so much for your encouragement! I was hoping not much has changed bf% wise
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Bulk more. I don't see much gain at all, no offensive I hope, (neither muscle or fat), maybe just a little bloating in the stomach, but that's it.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    So are you the same weight now that you were when you started bulking? Maybe I'm not understanding correctly. If that's the case - yes, you need to keep bulking.
  • SugaryLynx
    Bulk more. I don't see much gain at all, no offensive I hope, (neither muscle or fat), maybe just a little bloating in the stomach, but that's it.

None taken! :flowerforyou: I thought I saw little booty gains but you're right, not much difference. Just leery on the percentage cause I's crazy xD
  • SugaryLynx
    So are you the same weight now that you were when you started bulking? Maybe I'm not understanding correctly. If that's the case - yes, you need to keep bulking.

Note, you understood perfect. Same weight. I guess I'm being silly that I might have budged in bf% during the course of that time
  • Nikkisfitblog
    Nikkisfitblog Posts: 149 Member
    I see a huge change in your core strength and your quads! ^busyrae no offence but your blind!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member

None taken! :flowerforyou: I thought I saw little booty gains but you're right, not much difference. Just leery on the percentage cause I's crazy xD

I was actually going to say booty quads and biceps are where I'm noticing a difference, maybe in your core as well, but that's a little harder to tell, but def. still very low BF wise so I would say keep bulking if you're happy with the strength gains you've been making.
  • SugaryLynx
    I see a huge change in your core strength and your quads! ^busyrae no offence but your blind!

Thank you:flowerforyou:

Well, in the least, this clarifies my thought on continuing my bulk.
  • __freckles__

Note, you understood perfect. Same weight. I guess I'm being silly that I might have budged in bf% during the course of that time

If you haven't gained, I'd venture to guess the amount of muscle you grew was very little, maybe even none. You need to consistently be eating at a surplus in order to gain. Yes, bulking is a mind *kitten*. You WILL gain fat and you WILL feel fat. It's just something you have to deal with throughout your entire bulk. You can do it! Increase you calories until you're gaining 0.5 lbs per week, get enough protein, lift progressively - I'm sure if SS is helping you, you know all this - you just need to get you diet down.
  • SugaryLynx

If you haven't gained, I'd venture to guess the amount of muscle you grew was very little, maybe even none. You need to consistently be eating at a surplus in order to gain. Yes, bulking is a mind *kitten*. You WILL gain fat and you WILL feel fat. It's just something you have to deal with throughout your entire bulk. You can do it! Increase you calories until you're gaining 0.5 lbs per week, get enough protein, lift progressively - I'm sure if SS is helping you, you know all this - you just need to get you diet down.

Oh, I guess Here's where the confusion was. I am gaining now. I dipped to 115 lbs about a month or so into my bulk and have just now gained back to my starting weight. :D and yes, while he isn't helping me actively now, SS was a great help to start
  • SugaryLynx

I was actually going to say booty quads and biceps are where I'm noticing a difference, maybe in your core as well, but that's a little harder to tell, but def. still very low BF wise so I would say keep bulking if you're happy with the strength gains you've been making.

Thank you and absolutely! It's been an incredible experience in Strength gains. Near the end of my cut, I was stalling pretty badly, so this is a welcomed change
  • __freckles__

Oh, I guess Here's where the confusion was. I am gaining now. I dipped to 115 lbs about a month or so into my bulk and have just now gained back to my starting weight. :D and yes, while he isn't helping me actively now, SS was a great help to start

Ah, see, I did misunderstand. :flowerforyou: So you have found your calorie sweet spot and technically have gained 4 pounds. Awesome! I say keep it up. Your pics look fabulous. You still have a low body fat percentage so you can bulk for a while if you wanted too. I say go for it. Balls to the wall.
  • SugaryLynx

Ah, see, I did misunderstand. :flowerforyou: So you have found your calorie sweet spot and technically have gained 4 pounds. Awesome! I say keep it up. Your pics look fabulous. You still have a low body fat percentage so you can bulk for a while if you wanted too. I say go for it. Balls to the wall.

Thank you so much!! ♡ both for your advice and words. Balls to the wall it is! :D
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Yes, continue with bulking. You are still lean!

Bulking will always be a mental struggle... you need to remind yourself it is a necessary evil. You can always cut again. You're experienced with it now, and it'll become even easier moving forward.

Noticeable gains in back width, legs, arms.

Das it girlfran.
  • SugaryLynx
    Yes, continue with bulking. You are still lean!

Bulking will always be a mental struggle... you need to remind yourself it is a necessary evil. You can always cut again. You're experienced with it now, and it'll become even easier moving forward.

Noticeable gains in back width, legs, arms.

Das it girlfran.

Omg omg Kyle. I just died laughing from your pp. What. I can't even.

Okay, I'm collected. :flowerforyou: Thank you! And Yay gains and continuing to bulk! I think it is the mental struggle to accept that gaining muscle means gaining fat. I'll take it though, for da gainz!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Okay, I see it in the quads now that it's pointed out to me.

But my answer of "keep bulking" stands. I still see no fat gains.