I want to gain but struggling!

Options
Hi, this is my first post so be gentle with me lol! (Also posted in maintain page on forum but after other ideas) September 9th 2013 I was 17st6, I had to lose weight for a knee op and lost 7st6 to be 10stone and I managed that by the end of May. I managed to maintain it well, lost a little after my op as couldn't keep food down. So then once I could eat again properly I upped my calories and eating more logging everything but I am now at 9st6 and wanna get back to 10 (never thought I'd want I gain lol). My chest area is more boney now and I hate it plus my boobs look horrible (was 38f now 32d). I'm not exercising either as the operation I had was on my knee and I can't do much atm as my nerves are messing about.
Can anyone help or have any suggestions? Thanks, Gemma x

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    lift all the things
    eat all the things
  • thecheekygemstar
    Options
    lift all the things
    eat all the things

Sorry don't know what you mean x
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I think they mean two things

1. Stop being so limited in what you eat. Have move calorie dense things like peanut butter, icecream and protein shakes. Go full fat instead of low fat. Eat more.
    2. Put your extra consumption to good use by developing your muscles. I presume they mean lifting weights at the gym. But you can also buy free weight to use at home.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    lift all the things
    eat all the things

Sorry don't know what you mean x

lift all the things: be on a progressive lifting program- and be lifting.

eat more things- all the things- all the things you like- if you aren't gaining you aren't eating enough

gaining in terms of "steps" and "things to do" is easy.
    eat more.

if you aren't gaining- eat more than you were.

make sure it all doesn't turn to fat- then you best be lifting weights.

don't over complicate it :)
  • thecheekygemstar
    Options
    I'm eating whatever I fancy atm & logging it. Re lifting I use crutches and and a wheelchair so do a lot with my arms doing that! How can I do to help my chest as since I lost the weight from 10stone to 9st6 I feel more boney on my chest and don't like it!x
  • JoRocka
    Options
    eat more