2 years of maintenance - 130+ pounds lost

Options

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Fantastic post, and I love your outlook. You win for motivator of my day today. :flowerforyou: :D
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Words of wisdom. How can everyone who is struggling understand this? Well, your point of view here is a great communication of what recovering from the road blocks is like. I understand losing/maintaining is an ongoing process for life, but with the changing of the point of view, success can be everyone's story, for life!
  • Solar_Cat
    Solar_Cat Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Brilliant post! Very inspirational!
    The most simple way for me to explain it now is that I instead started to eat and live like a healthier person. I didn't want to be a person who ate an entire bag of chex mix at her desk, mindlessly, all day. I didn't want to be a person who got a 450 calorie muffin on the drive to work just because. I didn't want to be a person who couldn't run a mile, who worried about when she wouldn't fit in an airline seat anymore, who couldn't keep up with my kid.

So I stopped being that person.
    I wanted to underline that part of it because it reminds me so much of how I quit smoking, almost 40 years ago, after a 10-year 2-pack-a-day habit. I woke up one morning and said to myself, "I refuse to think of myself as a smoker. From now on, I'm a non-smoker." It totally worked. No effort or conflict. It just took a change in thinking.

I've found overeating more difficult to tame. Smoking was much easier! It's partly because smoking is all or nothing, whereas overeating can happen very gradually. "Oh, just one scoop of ice cream won't hurt" turns into three or four scoops.

That's one reason why logging calories against a goal is so very helpful. It turns it into an all or nothing game. Either I met my goal or I didn't. No excuses. No increments.
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Great post. Thank you for sharing! You are an inspiration.
  • Yoles79
    Yoles79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The best article I have read on MFP. Congrats to you I completely agree with your article.
  • SheShe0028
    SheShe0028 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look Awesome!!!
  • LabAgility
    LabAgility Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You are awesome and truly a wonderful inspiration!

Thank you for taking the time to post. I love your writing style.

A 1200 day streak is awesome!!!
  • CleverClone
    CleverClone Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic post! Thank you for writing it, and congratulations on your continued success. :flowerforyou:
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for sharing!
  • Cielazul
    Cielazul Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for writing this! It contains so much wisdom. I especially appreciate what you say about habits being key, and about how exercise is now an integral, kind of non-negotiable part of your day. It confirms what I have been discovering! The first day I logged onto MFP my plan was to merely observe what I was eating, but by the end of that first day, when I found my total caloric intake was over 4500kcal, I was motivated! The next day I kept my eating below 1500kcal and have been logging ever since, 196 days thus far.

I wish you continued success and I also wish success (and what that means to each person on here is going to be wonderfully unique) for all of us on MFP.

Thanks for being a role model.
  • Redribbon73
    Redribbon73 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wow what a transformation you are beautiful! May I add you?
  • salgal33
    salgal33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This a truly great post. I love Go Kaleo, now I love you too!
  • fitness4life78
    Options
    You are an Inspiration !
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Very well written and informative. i'm not yet at goal weight, but reading this sure has enlightened me along my journey. Thank you for posting.
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    beautiful!!
  • JouerLeFoot
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I am just getting started and so much of this is applicable to me. I also love the part where you need to first start the practice of self-love- so important and something I am guilty of not doing. Thanks again!
  • Sherbear0123
    Sherbear0123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thank you so much for sharing this!!!
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    This is amazing, you are exactly where I want to be, and I've been so scared by the data about people regaining the weight... that has actually set me back in the past. But this post is inspirational and is helping me be confident that I am on the right track and the changes I have been making are sustainable! Can't wait to post a similar thread in about 3 years :P
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    bump

also, you seriously look amazing. Congrats on success and maintaining!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!