Calling out all tall girls :) <3

Options

Replies

• ginnybrock
    ginnybrock Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hi! I'm 6'1" and currently 147 pounds. I was down to 135 until I went travelling for a few months, so will hopefully get back down to that soon with a bit of hard work :) I was on 1800 cals per day to maintain my 135, but now that I'm trying to lose my holiday weight im trying to stick to about 1530-1650 cals- best thing about exercise= more you do, more you can eat!
  • tgifemale
    tgifemale Posts: 2,279 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Laura, I'm 6' tall and stuck at 154 which is just below my original goal weight, from a starting point of 191 Jan 1st. Have reset my desired goal weight to 144 and may go a little lower. Still have some belly to lose; what do they say, "it's the first place you gain and the last place you'll lose." My target daily calorie goal is 1200 but I've been averaging 1300 to 1400, so I know where I need to focus. I go to the gym 3X/wk for weight machines and cardio. I should add another day or two of cardio to get serious about hitting my new goal before year end.
  • malamar8
    malamar8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 6' tall and currently 162... goal is 155-158. Much lower and I feel too thin! Sheesh you are all listing such low weights! Can't imagine being in the 130s! I work out with a trainer 2x per week- go to boot camp classes 3xper week- and run about 15 miles per week. I eat about 1500 cals per day and I don't increase my calories for exercise- just what works for me.
  • newgirl512
    newgirl512 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 156....goal 150-145. I think you all are listing really low weights! I don't think I was that light at 15! But every body is different. Also, I'm 52 so that might make a difference too although I try not to use that as an excuse. I know a lot a people who are older than that and in great shape!
  • amphilion
    amphilion Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5"10, I weight 200. My goal is 175-165lbs, I have already lost 60lbs in the last 4 years. BUt have reached a plateau.
    I work out 4 times a week, spinning, piloxing and zumba toning! I eat about 1400-1500 calories, I do not increase my calories on the days that I work out!
  • DatonnaMichelle
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'10 and around 155. My goal weight was 140, but I got down to 145 and I think I would prefer maybe 135. My weight goes up and down, and it is very frustrating because it seems as though these last 10-15 pounds won't go away! I'm just starting back on my health and fitness journey and would love any words of encouragement! Good luck to everyone!
  • Mskitty03
    Mskitty03 Posts: 6
    edited November 2014
    Options
    hi
    I am about 5'9 and weigh 179. My highest weight was 183. I am trying to take baby steps with getting down to 160 and then a lean mean sexy machine 150-155 by next summer. I consume 1200-1400 calories a day and work out at least for 45 mins, 3 times a week. My problem areas is my back, stomach and thighs. I just got married in july and got too comfortable, now I am trying to fight my way down.
  • mzrekka84
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and I weigh 227. Before I had my son 7 years ago I was 152 but I seemed so thin. I would like to lose 20 by Christmas and eventually another 30-50 by my B'Day. My stomach and breasts are my problem areas...especially my breasts.
  • missbrumma
    missbrumma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'-0" and I weigh 200 pounds. This is the most I've weighed, unfortunately this is what I weighed on my wedding day as well. I used to be 160 (GOAL WEIGHT :) ) sophomore year of college. I felt great at that size, but my metabolism eventually caught up with me. At 200 pounds, it's hard to keep ignoring the weight gain. My biggest issue is in my thighs and butt. I mean it's hard enough to get pants long enough, now I have to get them to fit the booty. LOL
  • kwjager
    kwjager Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    5'10" and about 136, down from 147 earlier in the summer (after a stretch of failing at/overeating on a Paleo-ish diet, which I had to do due to food allergies.) Highest weight (twin pregnancy!) was 186. Prior to kids I weighed about 130, and I'd like to get back there but MAN it is tough to lose the last bit of weight. Started out eating at about 1400 and found it tough; am back up to 1700 and a slower rate of loss. I have a relatively active job and work out 5-6 days/week, weightlifting 2-3 of those days. 1200-1300 always feels way too low for me and I end up hungry and dizzy. Lowest was 125 lbs.
  • Jalabrown76
    Jalabrown76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I 5'8" and around 180ish. I am desperately trying to get back to the 150-160's. I know this may seem a bit on the heavy side for me - but I wear a size 4 comfortably when I am in the 160's. I like how I feel and look. :-)
  • PolysThief
    Options
    I am 5'10" currently weighing around 126 lbs and 11.6% Body Fat
    I've never tracked calories before, so I'm not sure where I stand there ((I just started MFP today)). I don't eat that much though.
    I weight train 3+ time a week for about an hour or more. In addition I do a little running and ab workouts. During the water polo or swim season I'm in the pool 10 Hours a week conditioning and running drills on top of that.
    I suppose my main focus is toning and gaining muscle as well as improving my performance in game.
  • kbb43
    kbb43 Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and 153. My HW was 182 in '10 when I was serving a foreign mission and eating only Mexican and Tongan food and getting little to no exercise. My LW was 128 when I tried the hcg diet back in '07. I was 135-138 pre-pregnancy and only gained 18 pounds, which I lost within the first month post-partum. Then.... I started therapy for an eating disorder and put back on 15 pounds or so. So that sucks, but at least I'm taking charge! I just started the ketogenic diet, which doesn't feel like a diet at all, and I'm hoping to get back down to 135 by Chrismas. I am fairly active, I run or lift weights or take classes at they gym, plus I chase my 16-month-old all over th place. I'm not big or anything now, and I know I'm at a healthy weight, but I have always been most comfortable between 135-140.
  • kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10", the same as many of you and I currently weigh 173. That is down 43 pounds after having a baby. I thought I was starting to look pretty good, but you are all listing such low weights I wonder if I should be re-thinking my goals....? Currently, I am looking to get to 160 and see how I feel from there. In my younger days I was around 150 and thought I looked very slim and good. Now I want to make sure I can maintain whatever I end up with. Now that I am getting closer to my goal, I have lowered my goal of weight I want to lose per week so I could up my calories as I was starting to get frustrated with only 1000-1200 calories a day. I am now aiming for no more than 1500 calories per day and I try and do some form of workout every day, even if it is just household cleaning and chores for 30 minutes. I'm happy if I lose half to one pound per week, and enjoy my meals a little more.
  • GlamazonK
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and weigh 162lb. This is the heaviest I have been in a couple of years and I don't like it - so starting out on MFP today! I have been as light as 142lb before but found that difficult to maintain, I would say 147lb is my happy weight. My weight gain is definitely down to stress/ emotional eating and a loss of confidence from some setbacks at work whilst studying for a masters part time - so easy to eat mindlessly to keep the blood sugar up whilst studying!! Whatever the reason I'm getting rid of this weight but happy to go slow so it stays off. :)
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm 5'8, so not that tall. I don't have a goal weight, rather I have a goal body fat percentage which is 20%. I got down to 136 and it didn't look good with my body composition, so I bulked up to 144 and then cut down again. I'm currently doing my second bulk and then will cut down again, so really I have no idea what weight I'll end up being. I lose weight on 1950 calories a day.
  • BiancaMarie819
    BiancaMarie819 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and weigh 168 right now. I run 3x a week and lift 3x a week. I eat around 1300-1400 calories, my goal weight was 160, but I got there and still felt like I needed to lose more new goal is (150) most of my friends are 150 and around 5'6 so I'm hoping it distributes well. I'm jealous of you that at 160 you fit in a 4! Most of my weight is in my thighs and even down 20 pounds I'm still in a 12 at most stores a 10 at gap. I want to comfortably fit in a 6 everywhere
  • DaChampsHere
    DaChampsHere Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5 8 and currently 145 with my ideal 142. Those 3 lbs though go on and off, off and on and drive me bananas.

I know how you feel. I am 5'8 and I currently weigh 136. My goal is 133 but shaking these last 3 lbs and keeping them off has been a doozy!
  • DaChampsHere
    DaChampsHere Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Kyrene1386 wrote: »
    I am 5'8" and 152#.This is a pretty high weight for me as my normal is around 140 but I have been building a lot more muscle lately too. My jeans are always 27 or 28 around the waist but recently since gaining muscle in my thighs and glutes, I am forced to purchase 27's in a curvy fit.

I suffer from the same problem. Try adding cardio (at least 45 mins 3xs a week) It helps burn fat and lean you out.
  • cafiilm
    cafiilm Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 5'11," 141 lbs and just getting back into working out and counting calories! I'd love to tone up and am aiming for 1200-1500 cals.