5'5"-5'6" Ideal Weight?

Options
I'm 5'5.75" (so I usually round up to 5'6" lol) and right now my goal weight is set at 125lbs. That's how much I weighed when I was younger (about 14-15) but I might have been an inch or so shorter then, so I'm not entirely sure on what's a good goal weight.

So, if you're 5'5" or 5'6", what is your goal weight? Thanks!

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and my goal is to be about 130. But, it'll depend on my body composition. If I get to 140 and I'm happy with the way I look and I have a healthy body fat percentage I'll stop there. If I get to 130 and I still have too much body fat I'll try for 125.

The weight isn't as important as your body fat percentage and how you actually look and feel.
  • kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 5 and to get to a bmi of 25 i need to be 150lb. I'm aiming for 168lb at the moment which will bring me in just under 30 which will mean I'm just overweight. Am morbidly obese at the moment (bmi of 46. Something) but have been over 50 which is super morbidly obese. And I don't think they mean super in a good way 8-S
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and my goal is to be about 130. But, it'll depend on my body composition. If I get to 140 and I'm happy with the way I look and I have a healthy body fat percentage I'll stop there. If I get to 130 and I still have too much body fat I'll try for 125.

The weight isn't as important as your body fat percentage and how you actually look and feel.
    That's pretty much how I've been thinking. I like having a number to focus on, but in the end I really care about how I look and feel. That's why I don't think I'll be able to know my goal weight until I get closer to it.
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and weigh 125, and fluctuate sometimes to 130. It's been almost impossible for me to get below 125. I still feel like I need improvement so I think my best option is to be happy with the weight, and tone, and try and maintain 125. Toning doesn't necessarily make you lose weight, but you'll feel better with the weight that you are at.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6.5" and I usually round up to 5'7" LOL... I am small framed and was 140lbs when I started... which is too much for me personally. My goal is 125lbs as well.
  • alyssa83202
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and weigh 125, and fluctuate sometimes to 130. It's been almost impossible for me to get below 125. I still feel like I need improvement so I think my best option is to be happy with the weight, and tone, and try and maintain 125. Toning doesn't necessarily make you lose weight, but you'll feel better with the weight that you are at.
    That's so true! Back when I was 125, I was in no better shape physically than I am now. I wasn't toned at all, I just had less body fat! Now I want to be healthy and in shape, not just thin!
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" when I was younger I was about 120lbs and very slim
    My goal is 140lbs that is the weight I was right after I had my first son and I loved the way I looked I had boobs and hips....my only problem was the baby pouch so if at 140 with a tone tummy I am happy with how I look I'll stay there....
  • kitchentales
    Options
    I'm 5'6", and I just did a quick BMI calculation. BMI of 21.8 is almost exactly in the middle of the healthy weight range, and that's 135lbs for me, which is my goal.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5.5' currantly weigh 151 my goal was 150 I like what I'm seeing in pictures. I'm going to set my new goal at 145 and see how I feel at that weight. Right now I am comorfable with the calories I take in. If I have to reduce my calories to be 145 and it feels dietish all go back to being happy at 150. Diets dont work for me I rebell and eat to much and make poor choices. I currently dont feel like I'm on a diet at all, just a new way of life.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    PLEASE take the body weight charts with a grain of salt, ladies. There are a lot of factors to consider. I'm 5'7". The charts say I should be like 140 at the heaviest. But my doctor has even told me that for my build and muscle density and activity level and all that, 150 *minimum* for me. Sure I weighed 120 in high school, but I'm older now. I grew boobs and curves. And I work out like a beast so I have a lot of muscle tissue, which is way more dense.

It's a sliding scale, be flexible with your numbers. :flowerforyou:
  • reneelee
    Options
    I am 5'5" when I was younger I was about 120lbs and very slim
    My goal is 140lbs that is the weight I was right after I had my first son and I loved the way I looked I had boobs and hips....my only problem was the baby pouch so if at 140 with a tone tummy I am happy with how I look I'll stay there....

Great news the baby pouch shinks too!
  • reneelee
    Options
    PLEASE take the body weight charts with a grain of salt, ladies. There are a lot of factors to consider. I'm 5'7". The charts say I should be like 140 at the heaviest. But my doctor has even told me that for my build and muscle density and activity level and all that, 150 *minimum* for me. Sure I weighed 120 in high school, but I'm older now. I grew boobs and curves. And I work out like a beast so I have a lot of muscle tissue, which is way more dense.

It's a sliding scale, be flexible with your numbers. :flowerforyou:

So true!
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! My ultimate goal is to get to 130, but I'd love it if I could get back to 128, which was my wedding weight, 8 years and 2 babies ago! My body seems to be very VERY happy at 138 though. I call it my "happy weight" which is what I weigh when I do nothing and eat crap OR when I work my butt off and watch what I eat. My body just likes 138. I don't, lol.
  • briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'6" and my ideal weight is 135
  • ajwall3
    ajwall3 Posts: 187
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and a half so I'll go ahead and answer! It all depends on your bone structure... If you are bigger boned, then a heavier weight would be ideal b/c your bones would weigh more... I'm very small-boned, so my goal is 110-112 (what I was before I had my daughter) I don't think that 125 for your goal weight is bad... but for me 125 for me was excess fat... esp in my upper arms, belly, chest....
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

That's pretty much how I've been thinking. I like having a number to focus on, but in the end I really care about how I look and feel. That's why I don't think I'll be able to know my goal weight until I get closer to it.

Having a number at this point is good. It helps to have something to aim for. I'd got with 125 or 130 as your goal and then adjust it as you get closer.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and when I started at 156, I had planned on 120, but I don't think that is realistic. I'm at 145 right now, and I really can't imagine more than 10lbs off me now (just arms and tummy with maybe a lb off my inner thighs), so I set my ticker for 135 and I'll see what that looks like. I'm working on toning (I don't know if that works when you still have fat over your arms and tummy!) so I'm hoping at 135, I'll look healthy and toned. My legs are sculpted so I really don't want to lose those (I look like I could crush walnuts!)

If you figure out your body fat %, you can figure out how much of your body is bone, skin, muscle, etc and that will give you an idea how much you can actually lose. I'm aiming for 20% body fat (I like my girls and my curves!)
  • aschultz9
    Options
    I'm 5'7, a little taller but ditto everyone who says it depends on where you feel best. I have plenty of people tell me I look fine now, however, I don't feel fine. I was happiest with how I looked and clothes fit at 120. That was tough to maintain though, so my goal right now is 125. Also, at 120 I did not run as much as I do now or lift weights like I do now and I had body fat of 13%, so I'm unsure if it's possible. Also, a lot depends upon bone structure.
  • emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have a large frame and put on muscle when I exercise, so I'm shooting for 145. I know from experience that anything below that is way too much work for me to maintain. Not worth it!
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" but my frame is pretty big. My goal right now is somewhere around 165. I was 135 in HS for about... .02 seconds, and I just don't think that would work for me anymore. Once I get down to 165, though, I will update my goals accordingly.