50+ with 50+ To Lose Group

1151617181921»

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Feeling better after Aquafit and should be able to get back to my routine that works. My weight went up this week but came down this morning. Still haven't got it to start down.
  • Cpagali
    Cpagali Posts: 9 Member
    Friday and Saturday have worked out pretty well. I was having crazy cravings last weekend. This weekend, even though those same foods are in the house, I haven't felt tempted to go overboard on them. This is good to notice. A bad day does not always mean a slippery slope toward a bad week, or a bad month. It *is* possible to get back on track. Think I'll be ready to start exercising soon.
  • KeriA
    Yes my Friday and Saturday were better for me too. Hopefully today as well for us both. Caught up on sleep too. We have started back into our exercise schedule but haven't added extra. Yes it is possible to get back on track.
  • DonnaAnn64
    DonnaAnn64 Posts: 74 Member
    Hi all...54 years old and I need to lose 50 lbs minimum..then I can re evaluate :) I have lost 8 lbs so far .. I seem to be fine during my workweek , but then lookout Friday .... weekends are my downfall!
  • KeriA
    Welcome to the thread Donna, I usually do better on the weekends but sometimes they can be tricky. It sounds like we have good healthy routines and we have problems when we get off them. Good job with the 8 lbs. With my birthday last week I am happy I haven't gained but hope to lose soon. After aquafit yesterday I was helping my daughter long distance with school and summer plans. I think today I am settling down for the week ahead.
  • lmccowen16
    lmccowen16 Posts: 1 Member
    Starting today. Would love to join this group. I will be 51 in May and hopeful to be down 20 by then. Have at least 50 to lose. Doing my low carb/keto thing and I know this 1st week or 2 is going to be rough.
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 570 Member
    I would also like to join please. I will be 51 this summer. I had over 50 to lose and now have between 27.6 to 42.6 lbs to go to be in my goal range.
  • KeriA
    lmccowen16 wrote: »
    Starting today. Would love to join this group. I will be 51 in May and hopeful to be down 20 by then. Have at least 50 to lose. Doing my low carb/keto thing and I know this 1st week or 2 is going to be rough.

Welcome, hope the week went well.
  • KeriA
    I would also like to join please. I will be 51 this summer. I had over 50 to lose and now have between 27.6 to 42.6 lbs to go to be in my goal range.

Welcome, great progress. You are well on your way.
  • KeriA
    This week hasn't been my typical week food wise. the highlight was that we tried an aquazumba class on Wednesday. I have been better at water intake. Went to my Saturday morning aquafit class this morning. Today we will be making corned beef and cabbage.
  • jlbell1967
    jlbell1967 Posts: 2 Member
    I would also like to join! 51 in June, starting keto tomorrow. :)
  • KeriA
    Welcome jlbell. Okay that does it I am going to look up keto. The corned beef we made was good. It has been a good day with exercise, healthy food and low calories.

Hope all have a good weekend.

Make sure you favorite the thread by clicking on the star at the top right of the name above.

Keri
  • KeriA
    Well down to my recent low this morning. Just need a good week to keep it going in the right direction. We hope to get a walk in today.
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hi Keri,

Congrats on the recent low! And I'm so glad you are restarting this thread just as I'm restarting MFP. We did have a great group and fab successes with fitness on here years ago! Looking forward to continuing the journey with you and making new friends here :smile:

About me:

I recently turned 49, and I need to get back on track. Several years ago, I lost 40 pounds on MFP then had some rough times and let myself go, like gaining most of that weight back, ugh! Things are looking up, and it's time to get back in shape, a smaller shape.

I'm a mom to a fab 27 year old daughter who has been off doing her own career things for several years in another state, so it's now just me and two cats at home. This is a mixed blessing because of course I miss her, yet I have complete control over my own schedule and how I choose to spend my time.

So, one of my big long-term goals includes time management/discipline:

Being grateful for a flexible schedule and embracing the time commitment to myself for healthy choices.

Specifically, I want to...

Exercise every day for at least 20 minutes.
    Drink at least 8 glasses of water each day.
    Eat more protein.
    Drink less wine.
    Prepare food in advance for easy daily/weekly healthy selections.
    Lose 50 pounds.

This is a restart for me too, and I expect it will take some practice for a couple weeks to get back into the swing of things.

Cheers!
    Roxane
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 570 Member
    KeriA wrote: »

Welcome, great progress. You are well on your way.

Thanks :) I now have 25.2 to 40.2 to get to my goal range :) I hope you had a chance to go for your walk and congrats on reaching your new low :)
  • KeriA
    Roxanne,
    Nice to "see" you and get an update on how it is going. It is funny I am older but not quite an empty-nester yet! Like your goals. They should work!

Lets have a good week.

Keri
  • KeriA
    How did your weeks go? It was not a typical week for me in that I took a day off to take my Mom to a Drs appointment, there was a party for an ex boss and we decided to go out for a last birthday celebration on Thursday. But I was down on Friday morning. Even the celebration was pretty healthy with lots of seafood and salad. Think this week will settle down. We just got back from aquafit and had our healthy breakfast. It is a bit larger than on the weekdays but keeps me satisfied all day.

We have some meals planned for the weekend but still need to do a touch of meal planning for the week. I hope to get a walk tomorrow. Next week I will be posting my monthly goals/focus.
  • KeriA
    I planned to review my goals and progress earlier this month but with Easter and my daughter having some problems at college I haven't really felt it was time. Things have resolved themselves now. So better late than never:

1. increase my exercise slowly from 3 days of aquafit a week I have been partially successful at this but not consistent
    2. increase my water intake,same here, there has been some improvement
    3. keep under my calorie goals,I have been pretty consistent with this weekly if not daily, in fact weeks where my calories have been slightly higher seem to be better at weight loss than the lower weeks
    4. get enough sleep,again improvement but not consistent each night
    5. making healthy meals at home,continued progress
    6. eat healthier breakfastssome improvement but not consistent

I have a new plan for breakfasts I will try this week. We will see how it goes. I am down to a new recent low. We went this afternoon and we have been adding them in here and there. Hope all are doing well with your efforts.