Women are insane.

Seriously. All my friends are guys, minus one girl I considered a sister. She and I couldn't have been more different: she thrived on drama and chaos, always fighting with someone. I am the complete opposite; I lead a stress-free and happy life.

Things came to a head a few days ago, and she (gasp!) removed me from her social network. Part of me is bummed, especially because she felt the need to post some snarky facebook status about it before deleting me (really?!), but part of me is so relieved. Unfortunately, the stress of it has caused me to lose my appetite. I'm not really sad, just more annoyed, because the drama she created was just petty and immature. And she sucked me into it.

/end rant.

Replies

• NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    I would not call her a woman-that implies maturity. She sounds like a whiny little brat.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    I can see you would be annoyed but really! She has done you a favour. Nobody needs friends who drag them into their dramas, its very draining. Be happy :-)
  • the exact same thing happend to me! my friend (like a sister) is always angry and pissed off at something...theres always someone effing her over yada yada.... when there was issue with me and her....she deleted me off facebook. and i too felt relieved. life is too short to get caught up in that kind of bull****...and they will never change. now i keep my distance.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    I had a friend like that. Forget them, no one likes a pissy friend.
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Thanks ladies. It almost feels like I'm going through a breakup! This is not the first time I've gone through this with her - it's actually the third and, surprise!, she's started it every time. I won't go into details, but I'm feeling a little bummed. I'm not confrontational, I hate it, so I was just kinda waiting for her to start deleting me off everything. I guess I'm just feeling a little lost. What annoys me the most though is that she's not doing it quietly. Of course I've told people I'm close with about it, but I certainly didn't post it on the internet! She didn't name names, but it's obvious it's about me.

Chicks, man.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    My "best" friend, if you can call her that anymore, has this issue with being center of attention. If she's not it, she quickly becomes whiney until she IS it. Case in point...my wedding July 10 this year. She was my matron of honor and couldn't seem to get it through her thick @$$ skull that this was MY day, not hers. Well, she had finally calmed down for most of the night until around 9pm or so (ceremony was outside at 7, then reception afterwards inside). She decided that she couldn't walk. Her back was in so much pain, she had to stay in a different room and send her sister to me to let me know. She wanted me to run to her and give her attention. I know how she is. Well, I wouldn't do it. So she decided to take some really powerful meds...her mother's prescription pain pills...and comes up to the reception acting all drunk or something. I didn't say anything to her at all, but my mom took her into a different room and gave her a nice screaming to, lol.

She hasn't talked to me since the day of the wedding. On Facebook, all she has done is "poke" me a couple of times. And I even sent her a message telling her about my dad (he has advanced Parkinson's and was literally on his death bed the day of the wedding, but thanks be to the grace of Jesus that he's better and in rehab now and coming home next week!). I actually sent the same message to a few people...all who seemed to care, right? She's the only one that never responded. I guess it's because she didn't have a better story about her dad to spew? IDK.

We just don't need people like that in our lives!!! After a week of not hearing from her, I was sad. But now, I am just pissed that I let her infiltrate my life so much in the past. She's obviously not a friend!!!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    How long did this take you to figure out? LOL us guys learn women are insane at a VERY young age. Here are some other realizations... snow is cold, sun is hot, water is wet and when a dog grabs you leg he is not giving you a hug.....:laugh:

Sorry to hear about your friend though... nothing worse then losing someone close to you for no good reason
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    How long did this take you to figure out? LOL us guys learn women are insane at a VERY young age. Here are some other realizations... snow is cold, sun is hot, water is wet and when a dog grabs you leg he is not giving you a hug.....:laugh:

Sorry to hear about your friend though... nothing worse then losing someone close to you for no good reason

G strikes again !!!

to be fair ...it sounds like you are giving this person the status as "friend" in your life........ sound more like she was a passing Brat !
  • arieltheincredible
    arieltheincredible Posts: 114 Member
    Omg my roommate just went through the same thing!!!! Her now old friend had been posting statuses about her and our other roommate for almost a month now. There was no real reason for hee acting this way but it ended badly with my roommate confronting her both on fb and in person ( she lives the the apartment building next to ours). She deleted all of us from her fb and p@!?ied out when she went to confront her. It was insane!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    You don't need "friends" like that..........stick with us instead!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Seriously.

Nah, women aren't insane. Oh, hang about. Thinking about it....yeah, they are nuttier than a squirrel's fridge.

I think women tend to be more insecure and overthink things more than men in general as opposed to being flat out batsh*t crazy. Also, many become literally addicted to the rush that occurs on both a physiological and physchological level triggered through "drama." If a drug dealer could synthesize the high that strong emotions bring about they would quite literally rule the world. Emotions are more addictive than crack...
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    I don`t think women overthink things as much as they just think things out in great detail.
    Ask a guy what he wants for a house and you will get a vague answer about "nice with a big back yard" or similar.
    Ask a lady that question and you will get a complete floor plan with all the colors of walls,carpets etc.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    It's OK!
    Exit the Drama Queen, stage right.
    Be mellow.....
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    My boyfriend thinks I'm mad as a bag of spiders!!

I've lost friends over drama and yes I still miss them from time to time but I don't have time for bullsh*t and a true friend always has your back :)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    I don`t think women overthink things as much as they just think things out in great detail.
    Ask a guy what he wants for a house and you will get a vague answer about "nice with a big back yard" or similar.
    Ask a lady that question and you will get a complete floor plan with all the colors of walls,carpets etc.

Oddly enough, I experienced this exact scenario last night. She told me I needed a man cave...I told her 'garage!'. She told me she needed a man cave....I of course queried...lol...and got an incredibly detailed reply down to hydraulic lift tables to eat on while watching movies.

It's a huge part of why we love them though.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    And men are buttholes. I thought everyone knew this?
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member

Oddly enough, I experienced this exact scenario last night. She told me I needed a man cave...I told her 'garage!'. She told me she needed a man cave....I of course queried...lol...and got an incredibly detailed reply down to hydraulic lift tables to eat on while watching movies.

I love how men say women have the whole house.. or the 'living room' or 'kitchen'. hahaha.. this is not a mother effin' cave. A cave to me would be an art studio that I could hide in. Not the friggin' living room.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    And they can't drive.

THIS!

I freely admit I'm not a good driver. I'm not horrible at it or anything ... never caused an accident, only one traffic ticket in 12 years of driving. But if I'm going somewhere with a man, he is driving, and there will be no discussion about it.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member

It is what is needed too.
    Left to a guy a house would have 8 rooms with brown walls because that was the color that was on sale.
    Life would be very empty and dreary without a lady`s point of view and perspective.