Tae Bo? Anyone tried it? Does it produce results?

My husband and I are about to switch up our workout routine and Tae Bo sounded good to me. Has anyone tried it? If so what were your results?

Thanks!!!

Replies

• Love it, It's a total body workout. You'll tone while you lose weight. Thanks for reminding me that i love it. I think i'll start doing it again.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Yes! And YES!
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    haven't tried it since high school, and was a major burn for me even then. so it's a good burn!
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    LOVE TAE-BO!!!! Billy Blanks Rocks! Very good for toning and weight loss... plus it helps your cardio like crazy!
  • Love, love, love Tae Bo. Burns a ton of calories, Billy Blanks is great and very motivational and you will feel WONDERFUL after you do it. While your doing it, you will curse Billy, but afterward you will praise him. LOL
  • Tlkt1969
    Tlkt1969 Posts: 32 Member
    Love Tae Bo it is a great burn and I lost a lot of inches and weight with it about 5 years ago. Need to get back to it to get the dreaded weight back off that has been gained.

Billy will work your butt off!!!!
  • Billy works your butt off.........literally........I was down 2 sizes in a month of being very faithful to his routine! It DOES work!
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Billy Banks
    really knows how to motivate you.
    Don't be discouraged if you aren't
    able to even stay at the beginers
    level - I always followed every exercise he
    did in the video at my own pace.If your looking
    for tips; put a mirror where you can
    watch yourself - this way you can
    tell if your doing the exercises
    properly. Oh you might also want
    to add your own music after a
    couple times watching the video....
    You'll notice the first time you 'try'
    his video - you'll sweat like a pig....
    just don't over do it - it takes time
    to build the stamena that they have
    on the video - as long as your trying
    - your losing weight.
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    I LOVE Tae Bo...I just started it again this week. 10 years ago I LOST 75 lbs. doing Tae Bo every morning & I was soooo TONED as well as losing the weight. It was unbelievable!
  • scbrit66
    scbrit66 Posts: 2 Member
    It definitely does work. Plenty of used videos are available on Amazon etc. I just bought a few more so I can vary the routine and focus on different parts of the body. What I like most is he tells it how it is: working out takes commitment and effort. Don't buy it if you don't like someone yelling at you i.e. you prefer yoga and the like; personally, I like his chat. Lost lbs, but my shape change is more dramatic.
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    What videos seem to work best? Im looking for the whole package, fat burning and toning?
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 435 Member
    Haven't done it for a few years but when I did it...I loved it!!
  • scbrit66
    scbrit66 Posts: 2 Member
    This is Tae Bo is newer and has 4 DVDs. an intro, a cardio workout, an abs workout, and a This is Tae Bo workout. Cardio and abs hurt a lot at first, but as you progress, they're great. for a killer all round workout, This is Tae Bo is perfect. It burns upwards of 850 calories if you go the whole way. I only managed 20 minutes the first time. Three months back at it and I can do 45-50. I've lost two pant sizes, but only 11 lbs. Much more toned. Cardio Sculpt is with weights. It's more advanced. Boot Camp 1 & 2 is good for the core. I change them around so I can work all of my body. You can get them relatively inexpensively. I have about 12 now, so I don't get bored. I mix in cycling and rowing, but I have to row for an hour and fifteen to get the same burn as 45 minutes of Tae Bo. Good luck.
  • madeanew
    madeanew Posts: 18 Member
    Does it??? Truthfully I havent done Tae bo recently but when i did I started out with the 8min work out and then went to the 30 min. You will feel and see the results. Actually y friend does the new tae bo the one with the bands and she is really toning up.
  • SanMcK70
    SanMcK70 Posts: 19 Member
    I LOVE Tae Bo!! I bought "Tae Bo AMPED" from someone on Ebay and it's a four-disc set (with five different workouts) and comes with the amp bar (3 pound bar that collapses and expands). Billy Blanks' routines are great, and he is motivating. I always feel awesome when I'm done...and yes, it gets results!! :smile:
  • Although this post is dated I still wanted to reply just in case anyone is interested in doing Taebo. I have been a Taebo addict since it came out and although I have tried other workouts I always remain loyal to Taebo. I have mostly all of the workout DVDs as well as the Billy Bands. Taebo is and always will be the best workout in my opinion that has ever hit the scene.
  • cgolias120
    cgolias120 Posts: 8 Member
    I love Tae Bo too! I have been doing it for the last 9 years. I have 20+ workouts on DVDs and am always looking for new ones to come out. I have fun and it challenges me. I don't usually sweat, though; I know it's because of my hypothyroidism, as I seem cold the rest of the day as well. I will continue to purchase Tae Bo tapes from Collage Video using my PayPal account as long as they are being made.
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Like many kickboxing type workouts, TaeBo is a great calorie burn and total body workout. I got in great shape with the original recordings and I'm sure they've only improved since then. My only warning is that you may want to talk to your MD if you have any physical ailments and how the moves may impact them because some of the moves in TaeBo can put excess stress on certain joints and aggravate problems.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,097 Member
    30139d1334299885-ript-zombie-thread.png