"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    RobynLB83 wrote: »
    Been running a lot and boxing and climbing a little. Mostly twice a day 5 miles runs. Two 5 mile runs, climbed, and did some fight training including judo throwing and boxing striking yesterday. Today I did my first 10 miles run and I surprised myself with a 9:30 pace... And the fact that it was easy.

One maybe slight problem... My pee was brown this morning... Could be from whatever additive was in all the diet cranberry juice I've been drinking the past two days. Something to keep an eye on. I've also had extreme lower abdominal pains since my kayaking trip. Some kind of poisoning from the fish... Or the fruity cocktails?
    Abdominal pain and brown pee? I'd get a check up just in case. That MAY mean an injury to your kidneys.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! 4 clients this morning and then 3 tonight. DD's last day of school for a week because of Thanksgiving!

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: back- pullups, bent over rows, seated cable rows, pullovers. 12,10,8,6 x 4 sets

Assessment: Steak last night.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Cardio: step class

Strength: every 5 mins. For 20 mins:
    5 pull-ups
    5 barbell front squats @ 110 lbs
    5 deficit pike press, feet on stability ball
    5 deadlifts @ 215 lbs
    9 burpees

Assessment: calories & macros on track steak & asparagus for dinner
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    TGIF.............and I'm pretty happy about it. We have a busy weekend which includes painting the family room....uggghhhh.

Got the dog out yesterday for about 3 miles.

Today: 45 min Circuit training including 3 sets each of 15 BW squats, 12 pushups, 15 good mornings w/20/20 lbs, 10 renegade rows w/20 lbs, 2 min elevated leg planks, 15 physio ball pikes, 15 situps and 20 crunch twists w/12 lb ball, 15 hanging leg lifts and 3 min stair master. 55 min strength training including 2X5 squats w/85 lbs and 3X5 w/95lbs, 3X5 OHP w/45 lbs, 3X5 bent over row w/75 lbs, 3X16 side lunges w/20/20 lbs, 3X60 overhead single arm KB walk w/25 lbs, 3X12 KB alt hand swing w/25 lbs, 2X10 cable kneeling lat pull down w/33/33, 2X20 stepups, 2X10 cable dead lifts w/40/40 and 3X10 inner thigh w/100.

Food has been great all week and I'm feeling pretty good about it!!!

Have a nice weekend!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! 4 clients this morning. Vacation for my DD now.

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Taco Bell last night.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in! I haven't looked at all 132 pages; just the last several. I also post regularly on one of the Just For Today commitment threads and I like the everyday accountability! So, here's mine to start:

Cardio: Insanity Max 30 Cardio Challenge (258 calories)
    Note to self: Not a good idea to do an Insanity "cardio" workout same day as a strength workout.

Strength: I'm doing Chalean Extreme. Each workout is one set of the circuit, moving fairly slow, and targeting failure within the 10-12 rep range. Today was Burn Circuit 3:
    sumo squat with overhead press: 8 x 12* (weight x reps)
    lunge with calf raise: 15* x 12*
    squat with lateral raise: 8* x 12
    lunge with frontal press: 8 x 10
    squat with calf raise: 15* x 12
    sumo squat with delt raises: 8* x 10
    squat with overhead press: 8 x 10
    lunge with lateral raise: 5 x 12
    sumo squat with calf raise: 12 x 12*

*increase in either weights or reps from previous week

Assessment: Stayed within calorie limit.
  • ltworide
    Options
    Welcome shrcpr!
    Happy Friday!
    Led a tabata class & went to Krav Maga today.
    No strength work today.
    Assessment: chicken & boiled sweet potato with a mixed greens (kale, collards & spinach) Greek salad for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »
    I'd love to join in! I haven't looked at all 132 pages; just the last several. I also post regularly on one of the Just For Today commitment threads and I like the everyday accountability! So, here's mine to start:

Cardio: Insanity Max 30 Cardio Challenge (258 calories)
    Note to self: Not a good idea to do an Insanity "cardio" workout same day as a strength workout.

Strength: I'm doing Chalean Extreme. Each workout is one set of the circuit, moving fairly slow, and targeting failure within the 10-12 rep range. Today was Burn Circuit 3:
    sumo squat with overhead press: 8 x 12* (weight x reps)
    lunge with calf raise: 15* x 12*
    squat with lateral raise: 8* x 12
    lunge with frontal press: 8 x 10
    squat with calf raise: 15* x 12
    sumo squat with delt raises: 8* x 10
    squat with overhead press: 8 x 10
    lunge with lateral raise: 5 x 12
    sumo squat with calf raise: 12 x 12*

Assessment: Stayed within calorie limit.
    Welcome!

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! No clients and later today my DD and I will go bike riding as I teach her the rules of the road!

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Sushi!
  • shrcpr
    Options
    Beautiful day today!

Cardio: Intervals on the elliptical at the gym for 45 minutes (~375 calories)

Strength: None today

Assessment: Stayed within calories

Enjoying some Fireball tonight. 4oz. 288 calories. Yum.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Welcome to the group shrcpr!!!!

Yesterday was my rest day but I painted all day and was up and down the ladder about 100 times. Got a 50 min walk in with the dog this morning and we're finishing up the paint job. Back to the gym in the morning.

Have a great Sunday everyone!!!
  • shrcpr
    Options
    Thanks, @luluinca!

Cardio: Rest day so no formal cardio so got in my 10k steps (well, I will be end of the day - I'm super close).

Strength: No strength today.

Assessment: Stayed within calorie limit yesterday.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! 4 clients this morning then 4 tonight. DD is off this weekend for Thanksgiving break so we'll find stuff to do.

Cardio: run/jog 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squat, leg extension 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: IHOP last night.
  • luluinca
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Took the weekend off from the gym to paint and I guess it did me some good. Had a great workout and even added leg press back in.......haven't done them in a month because of pulled muscle. Felt good, although it was about 100lbs off my high, I don't think it will take me long to get back up there.

Today: 45 min circuit training including 3 sets each of 12 pushups, 15 BW squats, 15 good mornings w/20/20 lbs, 2 min side planks, physio ball pikes, 15 decline situps (w/10 lbs) and 15 decline leg lifts, 10 lat arm raises w/12 lbs, 80 step overhead KB walk w/25 lbs, and 3 min stair master. 60 min strength training including 2X5 bench press w/65 lbs, 3X5 bench press w/85 lbs, 1X3 bench press w/90 lbs, 2X 10 single leg press w/130 lbs and 3X 8 dbl leg press w/450 lbs, 2X5 squat w/65 lbs, 2X5 squat w/85 lbs and 2X5 squat w/105 lbs, 3X8 lat pulldown w/70 lbs, 3X10 each tricep extension and pushdown w/40, 3X10 seated row w/70 lbs, 2X20 glute master w/40, 3X8 seated dips w/110 added and 3X10 inner thigh w/110.

Lost another pound so I'm basically at maintenance but I'm not going to raise my calories yet since I know I'll already be indulging a bit more over the holidays. I'll see where I stand on Jan 1 and decide if I need to lose a few pounds or go right on to maintenance. It's a good position to be in right now......LOL

Have a great week everyone!!!!
  • ltworide
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    Saturday: rest day. Calories in track

Sunday:
    20 mins of:
    3 barbell squat, clean & press @ 75 lbs
    Then 5 down to 2 cycles of bodyweight exercises:
    2 pull-ups
    3 deficit pike press feet on stability ball
    4 burpees
    Calories on track.

Today: Krav Maga class.

Bodyweight Ladder 10 down to 1 rep of:
    Bodyweight squats
    Push-ups
    Inverted row
    Burpees
    Completed in 10:28 mins

Then double kettlebell 2 x 12 kg swings ladder 2 reps, 4 reps...20 reps then down to 2 reps. Time taken 12:28 mins

Assessment chicken & rice with beans for dinner. Will need to add a protein shake tonight to meet protein macros.
  • shrcpr
    Options
    Good day today.

Cardio: No cardio today. Last couple times I tried to do both weights and cardio same day I got a bit nauseous so just went for a walk till I hit 10k steps for the day. I really miss doing a more cardio-based program but realize I need to do weights, too, and I'll be happy about it later.

Strength: Burn Circuit 1:
    sumo squat with hip lift: 15 x 12 (weight x reps)
    lunge with posterior fly: 8 x 12*
    push-up with leg lift: 4* full push-ups; 8* knee push-ups
    dead lift with posterior fly: 8 x 12*
    lunge with core rotation: 12 x 12
    bench press and leg lower: 12* x 12
    squat with side bend: 15 x 12
    forward lunge with posterior fly: 8* x 10
    chest fly with hip lift: 10 x 12

Assessment: Stayed within calorie limit yesterday. Went to Olive Garden and had an Italian Margarita but still stayed within calories. :smile: On track for staying within calories today as well.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! 4 clients this morning then 2 tonight. One more load of laundry, then pick up some ribs so I can marinate them tomorrow for Thanksgiving.

Cardio: jog/walk 2 mile (300 calories)

Strength: hamstrings and shoulders- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals. 12,10,8,6 reps for 4 sets.

Assessment: Brats for dinner last night.
  • ltworide
    Options
    Hey all Happy Tuesday

Cardio circuit 4 rounds of:
    Skipping 1 min
    Sprinter on swiss ball 8/side
    TRX lateral lunge jump w/med ball press 8 lbs 8/side
    Bosu lateral bound w/hold 8/side
    Bosu hurricanes 20 reps
    Swiss ball rollout on 1 leg 8 reps/leg

Strength:
    EMOTM x 8 mins 1 rep barbell clean & press work up to 1 rep max. Max weight 85 lbs

For time do:
    10 barbell clean & press @ 65 lbs
    90 bodyweight squats
    70 hand release push-ups
    50 inverted rows
    30 barbell deadlifts @ 65 lbs
    Time taken: 11:28 mins.

1 leg Swiss ball leg curls 2 x 16/side
    Resistance band walk
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Humpday! 4 clients this morning and 4 tonight. Getting more ribs today to marinate for tomorrow!

Cardio: run/jog- 2 miles (400 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench, Hammer bench, dips, seated flyes. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Taco Bell last night.
  • shrcpr
    Options
    Good morning!

For yesterday, 11/24:

Cardio: P90x3 MMX and T25 Speed 2.0

Strength: None

Assessment: Stayed within calorie limits. Was able to have 4 oz. of Fireball. B) I think I'm finally learning how to incorporate some alcohol into my life with some moderation. That's always been an issue and how I gained all my weight. I've been able to just measure out what fits into my daily goals and stick with that this week so that feels good. I'll need to stay especially vigilant with that.