40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Day: 58 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Interval X Plus"=Done!
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    I'm over 40

Didn't know we were the cool kids!!!

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,925 Member
    Landed in Iceland. Here for five nights. Spectacular!!

uvxpfvxogo9m.jpg
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    I'm still here!
    I haven't been logging consistently, but holding onto the habit as best I'm able during the busy summer months.
    Furballs, your anniversary sounded wonderful!
    Larro, love the pics. Is your grand-niece riding on the back of a gator?
    G3G, congrats on the run ... where are the after pics?
    Beeps, have a blast in Iceland. My friend who's been a couple of times just loves it.
    Sdereski, more details about your bike trip please! And pics!
    Nick, sounds like your summer is going great. That's hardly a blip on the scale, especially with what you've managed over the last year.
    Had another mini-vacation last weekend. This one involved kayaks instead of motorcycles. We were mostly in Lassen Volcanic National Park paddling the alpine lakes. Wonderful part of the state / country. We'll be home for several weeks now, so I got my routines going again. Sprouts are sprouting, meals made ahead, and tonight I'll get to the gym!
    Hello to the rest of you cool kids, and welcome to the newly cool.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Larro, love the pics. Is your grand-niece riding on the back of a gator?

Someone over at tractorbynet ask the same thing. But nothing so adventurous. It is the concrete border to the boatramp.
  • larrodarro
    Speaking of tractorbynet, one of the regulars over there died in a bush-hogging accident yesterday. He was retired Air Force. A computer guy. Farmers have always got hurt and killed on tractors, but now that everyone with half an acre of yard is buying a tractor, the numbers are bound to go up. You get attached to your e-friends, and it's sad when something like this happens. So all you guys keep your *kitten* alive.

But anyway. I did a whole lot of this today.

o3nmh9zxwxdk.jpg

And got to enjoy a few minutes of this.

748ub9huwj3c.jpg

• gam3rguy
    "Day: 59 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Shoulders & Arms & Ab Ripper X"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    edited July 2015
    G3G, congrats on the run ... where are the after pics?
    we didn't take any after pics. tired, beat up and ready to raid the Asian buffet! yup...4 HEAPING plates and a giant bowl of ice cream. :smile: they should be posting pics on their site later this week...i'll look for some that I'm in.

• larrodarro
    edited July 2015
    An early morning for me in the garden. My cleaning lady called in sick, so I've got it to myself today. I will just try to hit the high spots. Then off to work and slipping away long enough to meet Margie, Sister, BIL and the little one at Pizza Hut. Would not be my choice, but what can you do?

Nice picture Beeps. Have fun.

Here is proof I was in the garden early.

fhdabk0s0ob8.jpg
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Hey Beeps, I was there too! Isn't that church amazing?! The first time I was there was just before Christmas and it was beautifully decorated with live green boughs and REAL candles! Simply breathtaking. We also attended a Sunday service and got to hear the spectacular pipe organ.Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! Shopping's great too. :-)hhlsun4cmnfy.jpg

lwm2s9e36cc6.jpg

Love this picture. It truly depicts Holland.

• spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Speaking of tractorbynet, one of the regulars over there died in a bush-hogging accident yesterday. He was retired Air Force. A computer guy. Farmers have always got hurt and killed on tractors, but now that everyone with half an acre of yard is buying a tractor, the numbers are bound to go up. You get attached to your e-friends, and it's sad when something like this happens. So all you guys keep your *kitten* alive.

But anyway. I did a whole lot of this today.

o3nmh9zxwxdk.jpg

Kitty!!

All of these beautiful pictures are making me jealous ;). Gorgeous!

Sdereski, I visited Holland in high school and if I could choose to move anywhere, I think it would be my top pick. It's just stunning.

Just made my way back from a doctor's appointment. My anxiety disorder has gotten out of control again and we decided I need to go back on an A/D for awhile to get it back under control. Today's anxiety attack was a barrel of laughs for no reason. Luckily, she also gave me something short term and fast acting so I am feeling much better right now. Not too worried about gaining weight with the A/D- I've lost significant weight on them before so I know I can do it. I'm not going to destroy the hard work I've been putting in for two months or lose my momentum.

• Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Peeps, enjoy your trip, the church is beautiful.
    Larro, the sunset is so bright and pretty. Unfortunately tractor accidents do happen. We have had a few around this area the last few years too. I agree that a lot of homeowners are buying and don't really know about tractors that much to know what they're doing and to do it safely. I think they should have to have a video class to watch to know how to safely use them, and also to load and strap them down.
    I have a sore throat and head thing happening here. I guess I have had it too good, hadn't been sick since I started this in January. I have been mostly resting today.
    We got a little rain today so I don't have to water the garden or raspberry patch for a couple days.
    I hope you all have a great day.
  • gam3rguy
    "Day: 60 of P90X/P90X+ hybrid Yoga X"=Done! that was tough today. left wrist did not like the vinyasas. :angry: skipped crane.
  • sdereski
    spatulamom wrote: »
    Sdereski, I visited Holland in high school and if I could choose to move anywhere, I think it would be my top pick. It's just stunning.

Me too!! I told my husband I would move there in a heart beat. Life in Holland looks pretty good.

• sdereski
    Hi all, I am going to try and be a little more consistent and get to know some of the newcomers that have joined this forum since I took a break.
    I was supposed to golf yesterday, but the gals bailed on me, so I headed home, got on my mountain bike and went for a ride. Haven't ridden the MB in about 5 years and my wrists are suffering for it today. Lots of pounding and hanging on tight!
    Am going to seriously try and get down to business losing weight! Hopefully, this resolve will carry through more than a day / week. :-)
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hello hello!!! Today is my granddaughter's 7th birthday!!!! She is growing too fast!!!!! I'm doing well!

Sdereski and Curious, great to hear from you again!!!! Your adventures sound amazing!

Beeps, have a great time!!!!

Larro, sorry for your loss.

Gotta go...busy bee!!
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    edited July 2015
    So.... not off to the healthiest start today! :s There was salted caramel gelato with an invite in the freezer at work this morning ... so "breakfast of champions". Then my friend decided we should go out to lunch, which equals a panini. Good thing I got my CSA veggies yesterday, and have a big green juice in the fridge waiting for me. That's going to be dinner - after the 3 mile hike in the forest! With the exception of today's indulgences, it's otherwise been a good week food & exercise wise.
    Alf, I still can't believe you have a 7yo gd! You look so youthful yourself. Glad to hear you're doing well.
    Sdereski, I especially love that pic with the boats. I can totally see living that life. Careful with your joints! After typing that I realize I'm projecting my fears ... the joints seem to be my most vulnerable parts these days, and can quickly stop you in your tracks, so I'm a little reactionary. What I really meant was "Cool! mountain biking is awesome! Have a blast!"
    G3G, I'm not always sure what all of those acronyms mean, but I recognized the words "yoga" and "vinyasa"! Is the hybrid yogaX like yoga on steroids?
    Natalie, I hope you're recovered from your blech!
    Spatula, I hope the A/D gives you the edge you need to stay on track. It sounds like you've got a handle on prioritizing.
    Larro, the sunrise is stunning. Sorry to hear of your e-friend's passing. That's so sad. I have fond memories of getting to drive the tractor around my grandparent's property. It was probably a way to dangerous thing to leave a 7 yo to do alone, but it did create a happy memory.
    I bought a new pair of trail runners yesterday, and tried them out on a walk/jog in the forest. I think they may make it possible to get back into this. As mentioned -- the joints! I'm dealing with some degenerative disc issues in my upper back and neck making the bicycling to work hard. I really relied on that for my cardio exercise, so need to find an alternative.
    It's a gorgeous day here on the redwood coast. I hope this finds you all happy and inspired!
    Here's a pick with Mt. Lassen in the background from our recent trip. It was 105 degrees!
    fo33vvi6depn.jpg

• gam3rguy
    Curiousgeorgianna, it was regular "Yoga-X" (and it's a MONSTER on a good day). hybrid is just combining more than one program. this hybrid combines the original P90X and P90X+.
  • gam3rguy
    well, it's not an "after" pic, but this was right before the finish. :smiley:

xhl7ap2f0f6r.jpg
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Sdereski the ride sounds like fun, though a might painful.

Curious Georgiana hope it was a good ride. And hope the new runners help. Something I might do when the kids get older is get my motorcycle license.

Alf1163 glad to see you are keeping busy and happy birthday to the grand daughter.

Made it to combat conditioning. Don't know where she comes up with these exercises. It's a combo of kettlebell, trx, strongman and just crazy stuff! There will be a bath with Epsom salts and cold beer soon!