40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Old geezers?? Ouch. Roadie, that's kinda harsh! lol.

Compared to Beeps, I'm probably as flexible as a stale pretzel, but count me in as another vote in favor of stretching and foam rolling. If I don't do enough of it, my risk of injury goes way up.

I recently set up a Stretch/Foam Roll/Yoga playlist and have gotten into a daily habit of doing a nice easy routine that lasts through 3-4 songs. That way, I don't rush the process and have come to really enjoy the sessions. I've also started looking for YouTube Yoga channels, since I can't seem to get to a Yoga studio to establish a regular practice.

Namaste, Kids.

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I stretch every day after my workout for 10-20 minutes. Not only do I feel better being a bit more flexible, having my flexibility can do a LOT to prevent injuries when I crash - flying and tumbling at 100mph and limbs can go lots of interesting directions LOL.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "P90X3: The Challenge"=Done! 15/21!

Dang! 15/21? Awesome!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    CG Strength and Agility today. Another fun one. It was No Weight Wednesday. It's amazing how hard you can work with just body weight exercises, including box jumps! I was whooped, but I still had to get home...on my bike...that was a very long, slow 3-mile ride today, lol!

I spent the rest of the day in the workshop, so to keep from getting stiff I went back out for a 3-mile recovery run in the afternoon. It feels good to be training again!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Roadie2000 wrote: »
    "P90X3: The Challenge"=Done! 15/21!

15 pushups and 21 pullups? Last time I tried it I could only do like 12 and 8.
    LOL! no, other way around. :p

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Rest" day...we'll see how that goes. o:)
  • HoneyBadger302
    Options
    My deload week got started a couple days early - my knees kept complaining the rest of the day yesterday, and I'm at the track all weekend, so decided my light week would start today with a rest day then back to my lighter plan for the next week.

Annoying in a way, but to be fair to my body, it's actually held up pretty well the past few months with what I've put it through, so I can't really complain too much.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I stretch every day after my workout for 10-20 minutes. Not only do I feel better being a bit more flexible, having my flexibility can do a LOT to prevent injuries when I crash - flying and tumbling at 100mph and limbs can go lots of interesting directions LOL.

Dang, girl! I see your avatar photo and I miss riding. Then I read this post and remember why I stopped. Be safe out there!
  • HoneyBadger302
    Options

Dang, girl! I see your avatar photo and I miss riding. Then I read this post and remember why I stopped. Be safe out there!

Hahaha, honestly, my worst "affect me for the rest of my life" injury I got on 12/3/16 (and STILL rehabbing it, it'll never be 100% again) on a friggin' KX140 dirt bike at like 6mph - I can toss the race bike at 100 and tumble forever to walk away with a couple bruises, but a dirt bike.....plus now there's cool things like air bag suits (got a D-Air Mugello for this season...kind of afraid the next crash may be spectacular LOL!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    True, QuikDogs!

Roadie2000 - I do stretch for about 10-15 mins after every workout. But have also decided 1 x yoga per week is a really good overall stretch (in case I fast-pace it in my daily cooldowns).

I am flexible and do have good mobility, but STILL I notice the weeks that i miss yoga!! No bueno.

Agree!
  • sdereski
    Options
    Was away for work last week, which totally set me back. Sitting in a car for 7 hours, then in a conference for 5+ more hours just wears me out! By the time I got home mid week, I got one run in and then was out of town again. UGH! Since then, it just seems life keeps getting in the way. I NEED to get back on track, as I was doing so well. Am sure feeling the difference, and it ain't good.
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    "Rest" day...we'll see how that goes. o:)

I'm sure you nailed it!
  • rupshaw
    rupshaw Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Glad to help encourage and motivate! Feel free to add me. 49 and holding!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    “Body Beast Build: Back & Bis”= Done!
  • sdereski
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    A 5-mile run and a new tattoo. Yes, it was that kind of day.

pics of tattoo?
  • sdereski
    Options
    Nice 5km snowshoe yesterday. Beautiful day with fresh snow on the trails. :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,927 Member
    Options
    sdereski, it is finally warm enough here we are going to try to get out snowshoeing tomorrow. It has been waaayyyyy too cold ALL month, so haven’t done ANY lately!
  • diane6852
    diane6852 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi from a fellow Zumba instructor! I'm using MFP to eat healthier. I find it especially useful to log my dinner before I eat it. That way, I still have an opportunity to make changes....
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    CG Strength and Agility. Ok, I'm pretty fit, bit dragging a fire hose across a field is HARD! But I did it!