That awkward moment when...

Options
jr1985
jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
I was recently watching a friend of mine's kids for her and her husband when they went on a date... The high school girl they generally have watch the kids was sick, so no problem, I love their kids and I was happy to help out.

At the end of the night when they get back they keep trying to pay me... I told them to keep it, I'm 26, I have a full time job, I don't really need babysitting money, I was just doing them a favor.

Then her husband literally starts chasing me around the house, grabbing my pants and trying to shove the money down my pockets... about 30 seconds into the attack you can see that the lightbulb goes off in his head that this might not be the most appropriate thing to do... then he gets super embarrassed, lets go, hands the cash to his wife and tells her to make me take it! Ha! those 2 entertain me!

What are your awkward moments?

Replies

• jr1985
    Options
    Come on people! liven up my boring Friday :)
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    My 2 girlfriends and I got in the elevator at work...a nice-looking guy (who we do not know at all) in a dress shirt and tie got in with us. He looks down at the salad he was holding (it's in a clear plastic container) begins to rub his hand in circular motions over the top of his salad...and then speaks the most profound sentence I have ever heard: "Mmmm looks like a bunch of colon-blowing for me today".

We were frozen in total shock. He gets off the elevator at his floor, and the doors aren't even half-way closed before my girlfriends and I spew raucous laughter all over ourselves. We were so bent over and red and breathless that we couldn't even get off the elevator and walk back to our desks. I had tears, literally black streaks of tears, down my face and on my shirt.

That was about 2 years ago and even to this day we can say "colon blower" to each other for an insanely good laugh. :D
  • jr1985
    Options
    : "Mmmm looks like a bunch of colon-blowing for me today".

That's Hilarious!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    That awkward moment when Church/Chapel has been over for hours, but the worship songs are still stuck in your head/heart. Totally happening to me tonight!
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    Coworker caught me talking to myself in the parking lot last week. He pretended he didn't hear me but I know he did. I was angry about something and was doing a little cursing. lol.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    When your kids catch you "dancing" to Pour Some Sugar on Me.
  • the_comeback
    the_comeback Posts: 2,199 Member
    Options
    When you laugh so hard you let one out
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Exactly a year to the day today I was found by the lady that comes to clean my house once a week (well.. did, I worked a lot of hours and it saved me a ton of time!) fast asleep in my bathtub after a crazy night out!

She asked if I was okay and tried to help me out of the bath (I was fully clothed, I'd just decided in my drunken wisdom that it was a great place to sleep). I fell right back in and fell back asleep!

When I eventually sobered up, I realised that it was probably because somehow I'd managed to break my foot on the night out.. climbing another lifght of stairs with a broken foot and drunk was probably more than I could handle!

Every time I saw her after this, I've never known what to say!

Thankfully she decided to stop offering her cleaning services a couple of months ago and the new cleaner is oblivious to this lol!
  • GabriellaEstrella
    GabriellaEstrella Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    That awkward moment when it takes 3 1/2 years for your thread to get a spark of life

LMAO
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I went to the Doctor to get my testosterone shot, the nurse is standing behind me I drop my pants and she says "Have you been working out?" Then silence.........lol and she starts rambling about how I looked leaner when I was walking in, but when I turned to look she was BEET RED! lol!
  • blu_de_ville
    blu_de_ville Posts: 4,296 Member
    Options
    When you break into ex's house to steal his xbox and his mom walks in :#
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    That awkward moment when it takes 3 1/2 years for your thread to get a spark of life

Zombies are my favorite.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    That awkward moment when you think you're looking awesome on the treadmill at the gym and you drop your earphones.

Whilst I managed to recover, everyone was laughing (including me).