stick-on bras: do they actually work?

KatieJane83
KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
So, I really like this dress:

ry%3D400

but it would obviously be impossible to wear a regular bra with it. Does anyone have any experience with those stick-on, or adhesive bras? Do they actually work? And if so, any recommendations for brands?

I know, kind of a weird question! Lol

Replies

• I bought a pair a while ago from Target for a school dance...they worked pretty well. I would say if you plan on using them a lot, get a high-quality pair, but the Target ones worked for me for a couple years. Gorgeous dress, btw.
  • AvonLucyR
    AvonLucyR Posts: 124 Member
    I am a D and tried them for a backless dress...what a joke...would have done better with duct tape and pasties. It may depend on your cup size. I don't remember the brand I used, but they weren't cheap. From Belk's I think. Good luck! Maybe try to sew in a bra in the front?
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    You can get the answer to your question by completing the following quiz:

1. How many inches larger is your measurement around the fullest part of your bust than around your bra band? ______
    2. How many times have you been pregnant? ______
    3. How many kids have you nursed? ______
    4. how much older are you than 21? _______

Add up the total of your answers to questions 1-4 _______

If your total score is greater than "three", the answer to your question is NO.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Brilliant ^
  • I got an expensive pair from La Senza one time and they didn't work at all... and I don't have particularly big boobs and I'm only 22, so no kids or nursing or anything.

My suggestions would be pasties, or sew a bra into the front of the dress.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    just go bra-less. are you perky?
  • AlisaRN
    AlisaRN Posts: 65 Member
    umm....as long as you don't sweat too much and aren't too large... Let's just say I wore one for my wedding and danced a little too much :/ I don't know how far down the back of the dress would go on you but they sell straps to make the back of your bra lower.

http://www.amazon.com/Fashion-Forms-Low-Back-Straps/dp/B0000862Y2
  • sweet110
    sweet110 Posts: 332 Member
    I tried a pair once...ridiculous. Yeah, I'm large (32 DD), but I thought...if they make them in my size, they must work, right? Right? Nope...Wishful thinking.

I think the only people for whom stick-on's *may* work is for people who barely need a bra to begin with. My guess is that if you are asking this question (ie, you've already decided that going braless is not an option for you), the answer is probably no.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    No one seems to have had a positive experience with them but me! I was a 36D and didn't have the perkiest of boobs and they still worked for me! Unfortunately, I don't remember what brand they were!!! They weren't expensive either and they lasted me a couple years. When I gained weight I got rid of them. If it would help, they looked like chicken cutlets lol!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    From a Google image search for stick on bras I could not find a pic of boobs larger then a B. I think that dress is AMAZING but probably not going to work with stick on bras. I wouldn't be caught dead bra less myself and I'm a larger C. I hope you can find something!
  • skir927
    skir927 Posts: 61 Member
    I used these (along with some of those cups you stick to the inside of a dress to give you more shape) to wear a dress that plunged almost to my belly button, and they worked great! I'm a C/D cup.

http://www.bringitup.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=35

Victoria's Secret (and other places) make low-back bustiers specifically for dresses like this too. Love the dress, btw!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Get the bra with the clear back strap instead. There are some that have the clasp in the front and a clear strap thats super discreet (I think Vikki's secret has them).
  • sharibob3
    sharibob3 Posts: 180

1. How many inches larger is your measurement around the fullest part of your bust than around your bra band? ______

^^^^^^ This is an awesome survey....
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    They won't hold them up, but the will prevent nipple visibility.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member

I'd definitely go with this.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    They don't really offer much support but they will hide your nips if it get cold.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    theoneandonlybrookie Posts: 341 Member
    Gorgeous dress!

I would go bra-less and get a pair of the nipple covers; they sell them at Target. The stick on bra doesn't seem to offer any lift or support anyway, and I would worry the entire evening about it becoming unstuck and dropping to the floor at an inopportune moment.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    I have used one that worked, but I am a B. I know girls who use them that are C's, but I don't think anything bigger will work. The best ones are the ones that look like raw chicken haha.. by this is mean the ones that the whole thing is silicon material, rather than the ones that are sticky on one side and cotton or some other material on the other. The silicon ones are thicker and, it seems to me, give better support.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member

LOL So true!!