Ideal weight for 5'5''- 5'6''

Replies

• spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    I'm 5'5.5", currently weigh 142.5 lbs, and wear a US 8 (M for tops, L for bottoms). My frame is kind of small so I'm aiming for 120 lbs.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Im 5'6''.5 and weight between 135 and 140. I was down to 131 and wanted to get to 125 because my fat % was still high. I wear around a 6.
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Wow. What an amazing response! Thanks ladies!!

Yeah, I have a bigger "bone structure", but the lowest I have been (and goal) is to be around 125 lbs. and back in a size 4. But then gain like 5 lbs of "muscle weight". :) I am also very curvy with no muscle at all.. Lol

This is pretty much what I'm going for. My goal weight is 130 (I'm 5'5) but once I reach it I'm gonna focus on body fat %.
  • I think it also depends on your body frame. I am 5'6 and 220 pounds. But I think I good weight for me is between 150 - 160, which at that weight I would wear a size 10 - 12. I what folks called big boned. Even though the charts say I should be about 140. I would look like a stick and I like having curves.
  • kuderstadt
    kuderstadt Posts: 134 Member
    5' 4-1/2" I currently weigh 137, goal weight is 125, I currently wear 10-12 comfortably, I'm hippy, so even at my lowest 117 (12 years ago!) I was wearing a size 7. Bought a pair of jeans in a 5 and they were just too tight. I can wear a 7 at a muscular 125, so that's my current goal.
  • nnoifeld
    nnoifeld Posts: 116
    I'm 5ft. 5 1/2 inches, too! LOL! However, I currently am 205 lbs. SW: 225. I have a large bone structure. I am in size 16 jeans, getting ready to go down to size 14. BMI calculators tell me that I also should aim for 150 lbs. But to be honest, when I was in high school and even when I got married, I weighed 165. I wore a size 10 in jeans and med/lg tops. When I look at my pics from then, I think I was a string bean! So my weight goal is 175/180. I feel like I would look healthy and like my body at that weight.
  • @miceeatcheese I agree with your reply. It depends on your body frame and women carry their weight differently. Two women can be the same height and same weight and be built totally different. You have to go with what is comfortable for you.
  • Yeah. "Ideal" meaning, just what each individual is comfortable with. I just want to be realistic with myself.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    I'm 5'6" and currently 133lbs.

For many years I hovered around 147 and at the start of 2012 I'd crept up to 151.

Now at 133 I wear a UK size 8/10 (US 4/6) and am pretty happy with both my weight and size.

My challenge now is to maintain.
  • alexroet
    alexroet Posts: 65 Member
    from a medical standpoint, rule of thumb for IBW for women is 100lb for 5' and then 5lb for every inch over that. So it would be 125-130 for you. But I also know that the BMI goes from "normal" to "overweight" at 150.
    I'm 5'5" myself, highest weight was 180, currently at about 151, and squeezing into an 8. I would be thrilled to get down <140.
    But it's variable. No one can tell you what you should be. As long as you're not obese and putting your health at risk, do what you want. Don't obsess over being a size 2 or whatever.
  • kiml77
    kiml77 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm 5'5 and currently weigh 144 (SW was 156) and I wear a size 9 pants. My goal weight is to be somewhere between 135-130, and i would love to fit comfortably in a size 6/8

I'm with you... I'm 5'5 1/2 and I was pushing 150 lbs. I lost 12 lbs put 7 back on. I'm at 143 now and my goal is 130 by March 1st. I wear a size 4 to 6. that because I don't have a butt... :cry: a size 4 is a bit tight right now. :sad:
  • Ericaalicia0608
    Ericaalicia0608 Posts: 23 Member
    Wow. What an amazing response! Thanks ladies!!

Yeah, I have a bigger "bone structure", but the lowest I have been (and goal) is to be around 125 lbs. and back in a size 4. But then gain like 5 lbs of "muscle weight". :) I am also very curvy with no muscle at all.. Lol
    I am about the same as you. 5'5 and 1/2, weighing 145 right now and wear size 8. I was most happiest at 128 so I am shooting for 130 but looking to get a lean muscle physique. I have been 118 before but I look at pictures and think I was too skinny then. I'm all for curves and toned!
  • I'm 5'5" with a current weight of about 124 and goal weight of 115. I wear mostly size 5-7 pants and medium tops.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    I know the BMI says about 140-155 for 5'5" depending on your build. My goal weight is 155 (I'm four pounds away) and I'm a size 8 (sometimes 10 depending on the store).
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    It's so interesting how it varies for different people!

I'm 5' 5.5". My starting weight was 160 lbs. I reached my goal weight of 145 lbs in September but gained 3 pounds back over the holidays - ah! My new goal weight is 142 lbs.

That may be high for some people but I am very happy with my body at 145ish. I have a little bit of a larger frame so 145ish means a pretty much flat tummy and some good muscle tone, which is what I want.

I normally wear a 6 in women's and a 7 in juniors for pants. For tops I'm either a medium or large depending on the cut.
  • xoxsashaxox
    xoxsashaxox Posts: 23 Member
    I am 5'5 and i weigh 124 pounds and wear a size 3. I used to be 138 and wear a 7, so this is one year post weight loss. I thrink i look great now but my goal is still be be at 120 pounds and tone up a little more, so preferably i want to be a size 2/3 in pants so very close to where i am now
  • PanicMoon
    PanicMoon Posts: 8 Member
    I'm 5"6.5 and currently 145lbs and wear a size 4-6 in pants (2-4 in shirts).
    My goal is about 110-115 lbs, I don't really know what size that would be on me though :)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    this is all fine for daydreaming, but let's be real. what's ideal is a weight/shape I can maintain without killing myself in the gym, obsessing over calories, or otherwise a lot of work while still being healthy. for each person that could be anywhere between 120-200 lbs at this height.
  • Ampedette
    Ampedette Posts: 35 Member
    I'm 5'5" and I keep revising my goal weight as I get there. I'm currently 155 wearing a size 12 (ish). I think I'll be happy once I can fit into size 8-9 but again, I'll probably revise that. I really need to find my happy place.
  • TrimThinTonedTight
    TrimThinTonedTight Posts: 69 Member
    Bump.

Seems like a good thread for this info as I'm 5'5 1/2' as well.