Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,507 Member
    Hi Ladies! XT Burn Steps, Biceps, Triceps, Core #1. My back behaved today until I did tonight's workout but it's because I went a little heavier than I have been the last two weeks so I expected it. Applied heat post workout and things feel better. I wonder if last year when I was going to physical therapy for my shoulder things didn't get better for the longest time because of all the icing they had me do. Since I stopped icing and do heat only this time around my back recovers between workouts.
    I'm off Friday. No plans but any day outside the office is a good day for me!

Laurie, glad you were able to squeeze a workout this morning. Funny about Rocket trying to chew on your leg. I can just imagine what my workouts would be like if I let the cats in the basement! LOL
    I'm glad your DD is enjoying her new life. Can she cook?

Laurel, another winning combo! Great job! I wanted to do cardio today too but didn't have the time. We leave on 9/20 but on 9/13 I leave for DC for work with most of my department. We'll be returning on 9/16. Not looking forward to this trip at all.

Tami, I hope you have a fun spinning class tonight! Poor Emma having to fast. That part always breaks my heart because they don't know why we're starving them. I'm sure Emma was scared at the vet's. I'm glad the vet tech helped you pick her up. Do you put a seatbelt on her? I hope you get the results tomorrow.

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,413 Member
    Morning Ladies,

I finally figured out why I'm so tired at the end of the day recently. After waking up this morning to a dripping nose, it dawned on me that tis the season for allergies. :s I didn't get in a workout yesterday after work, but this morning I did 21DFX Cardio Fix Extreme. That one is a tough workout. Will be getting my hair colored and cut tonight, so I probably will not be getting anything in tonight. I'm happy that I'm getting in at least something. I may have to repeat this week, since it really was a bust on the rotation.

Laurel, Great job on those workouts! My legs where a little tired this morning, and I only did the express workout. :) I'm going to try the other half of that express workout, even thought the step is not something that I really really like. She doesn't attempt anything to complicated, which is good. DD said that she was really tired yesterday, she had to sit through a lot of talking yesterday. Today she has her actual hands on classes. I was surprised that she had a uniform, and very detailed instructions on how she is suppose to look. I love seeing all the different ways she gets her hair ready for class, this is going to be fun to watch.

Tami, Great job on the spinning, and sorry that you missed out on your morning workout. Glad to hear that Emma was so happy to be home, and of course to get some food. :D I'm sure that she just gobbled them right down. I think that over time Rocket will be able to understand me working out, but right now if my feet are moving he thinks he needs to get those feet or ankles. DH was fast asleep when we got home from our walk, and woke up when I yelled ouch. Trying to do plank kick-butts with him trying to catch my leg. It was funny, but painful.

Thelma, Great job on the workout! So glad to hear that your back is doing so well. That has to be a relief for you. If Rocket would stay on a yoga mat like Cami, I wouldn't mind him being downstairs. He just doesn't understand what is suppose to happen right now. Let me see can DD cook.... She can follow a recipe, so yes I suppose she can cook. I guess that is the first step. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,772 Member
    Hi Ladies! Feeling a little low energy when I got up this morning. We had quite a storm come through yesterday and while I am happy we got some rain, the humidity is out the roof which has left me with a humidity headache. Dull....but there. So I started my workout with Lean Legs and Abs w/barre. My legs were tired this morning so I am glad this is the leg workout called for in the rotation. I got through it! For cardio, I opted for RWH Low Impact HiiT One doubled.....and it was the perfect choice. Left me feeling energized and not at all worn out. Perfect remedy for the low energy I was feeling.

Tami, poor Emma! Sounds like a long day for her. I hope you get some news on her today. I am sure that, even though you are trying not to worry, that you are worried. So don't sweat the missed morning workout yesterday. Some days are just like that. Hope spinning was fun, though.

Thelma, I am so happy you thought to try heat on your back and that is making it better! It could be all of the ice you were using in PT was making those muscles tense up instead of relax. I don't blame you for not being excited for your work trip to DC, but at least it is only a few days. Hard to believe but it's going to be here before you know it!

Laurie, I don't think I could workout with a puppy nipping at my ankles either! Glad you are getting in your morning workouts though. I hear you on allergy season. My DH is suffering miserably and I have a stuffy nose and sore throat (along with the headache). No fun. Hope your hair appointment is relaxing though! Soon your DD will be able to do it!!

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hi Ladies ~ Spinning was a good one last night and again a packed class for Katy! Always happy for her when it is crowded because I know she likes that. This a.m. was Supercuts + Abwork and tonight DH is gone (for the weekend actually) so I will have the house to myself to get in another workout! :) Probably XT Bi's/Tri's from yesterday that I missed. Anxiously waiting for the vet to call at some point. I will let you guys know forsure, thank you for all your support.

Laurel: Sorry to hear about the humidity headache, darn it. Hopefully it is gone by now. From the sounds of your workout combo I wouldn't say you were low on energy, way to go! I know people here are suffering from all kinds of headaches from the smoke. Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement and for understanding about Emma and my missed workout, I appreciate it.

Laurie: One of my supervisors has terrible allergies and is constantly feeling the effects. No fun at all. I hope today was better for you. Sounds like you had a perfectly tough workout this a.m. - way to go! Enjoy your appointment tonight. Bernie and Emma both think when I lay down on the mat to do abwork that it is time to visit forsure, so I can relate to that. Emma is more a concerning look and Bernie wants to play! LOL

Thelma: Great job getting in your workout and happy to hear your back is doing better! Yahoo for that. When my back hurt that week I put my heated rice bag on it at night and it felt so good. I don't seat belt Emma in. She rides in the back, hatchback area and usually just lays down nowadays.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    edited August 2015
    Morning Ladies,

Got home yesterday after my hair appt., and DH and I went out for our 27th anniversary. We had planned on going out this weekend, but we where the only ones home so we went out. It was very nice, and not busy.

This morning I did 21DFX Dirty 30 Extreme, and I had both dogs downstairs with me. Rocket was so tired from his doggy daycare yesterday, he just laid and watched me workout. :D Even when I was doing push-ups right next to him, he just looked at me.

Laurel, That is not fun when you start out the day with a headache, but good job on getting your workouts done. I always find that the exercise does help with the headache, gets everything moving in the sinuses probably. :D My hair appt was really good, and I'm getting excited for my dd to learn. She had a great first day of actual class, and received her kit. Seems she has a lot of heads to store! :D I really don't enjoy the allergy season, and it sounds like both of you suffer through it also.

Tami, Great job on the Supercuts! Nice that you will have the weekend to yourself. LOL about the dogs, Cami comes over to lick the sweat off my face and arms when I'm on the floor doing ab work. Very hard not stop, and of course give her a pat on the head when that happens. Didn't have to do ab work today, so I didn't get to see the little mans reaction to ab work. I'm sure that he would love to lick my face also. I'm seeing a huge improvement in Cami's movements since getting the puppy, I think she is having to move around more. Gets those joints lubricated, instead of getting so stiff from laying in one place to long.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! What a difference a day makes! Feel much better today. So I decided to hit my upper body hard again and did a combo of XT Discs 1 and 2 for a nice complete upper body workout. I love doing that with those workouts when I have the time. It rings in at about 85 minutes. For cardio, I did Tabatacise. Good stuff!

Tami, hope you finally got some news on Emma. Glad the spinning class was good. I am sure more people helps keep the energy level up a bit, especially for Katy.

Laurie, Happy Anniversary! I much prefer eating out during the week over the weekend because it is so much less crowded and quiet. We just don't have many nights we can do that, though, with DH's work schedule. He is back to coaching football right now and not home until close to 8:00pm. Too late for me and a meal out, that's for sure. I love hearing that Cami is moving better with Rocket being there. You never know how dogs will react, and it seems she is definitely getting something good out of it.

Thelma, hope you are well.

Have a good weekend. Keep your fingers crossed that we aren't in the middle of a hurricane by the end of the weekend!! Doesn't sound like we will be now.....but nobody knows for sure, so......

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited August 2015
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night I headed home and did the XT Bi's/Tri's workout I missed on Wed a.m., so that felt good. The phone call on Emma finally came in at 9 PM. I swear the man doesn't sleep, anytime we have had anything going on with a dog he is calling us at night. He said he sees dogs all day and follows up with "results" after that. Hard worker. Well the good news is she does NOT have Cushings Disease, :) the bad news is "what" is causing the panting. He did say he wants to do one more urine culture as a follow-up from when she had her urinary tract infection and we medicated her for that; just to make sure there isn't a bacteria in there. If that comes back clean he suggested an Ultra Sound, to see the tiny details of her lungs, etc. So we will see. So good news but still a mystery as to her symptoms. I wonder if it is the small rocks she eats all the time, brother. :s Can't be good for her. He has always told me as long as she passes them, it isn't ideal but not harmful. Again, an ultra sound would show anything small going on inside, including a bacteria of some kind that might be bothering her.
    Today's workout is Lean Legs and Abs and going to decide on Spinning after work or head home for a good one there instead! :)

Laurel: Sounds like an awesome combo! Glad you were feeling like your normal self today! :)
    So my mom listed her house officially today and already has 5 showings + 2 offers coming in. YOWSA. I thought she was going to wait until after Labor Day weekend when I was there, I guess I will be helping her pack when I get there next Thursday, which is great that I will be there to help. She sounds really excited. If it sells super fast (which it sounds like it will) and she doesn't have anything yet in L.A. she will stay with my sister until she does find something. Hard to believe it is all happening so fast.

Laurie: Happy 27th Anniversary! That is truly amazing and awesome! DH and I will be celebrating our 20th in March. Where does the time go?!!? I am glad you were able to go out and enjoy your time.
    I keep forgetting to ask you ... are you also doing the meal plan that comes with the 21-Day Fix program(s)? If so, how are you liking it? Yes, I know Emma is getting stiffer by laying around as much as she does. A walk around our cul-de-sac is about as far as she likes to go nowadays. :'(:'( Even with Rimadyl. I know Bernie plays with her and gets her going but sometimes she just won't play with him. He is 9 and acts like a puppy still.

Hope you ladies have an amazing weekend - I am going on a bike ride with my friend in the a.m., smoke wind and all, we decided it will be winter before we know it if we don't go now. It's been a hard summer for bike rides. Either 100+ degrees or too smoky!

Talk to you all on Monday ~
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a great weekend. We had a pretty good one. Gave myself a pedicure while DH was doing a Spartan race. He's nuts if you asked me! On Thursday night I decided to type my post on Notepad because I kept losing my it and I forgot to hit the post reply button!
    On Friday I did XT Hard Strikes, on Satuday I graduated to Cize You Got This! workout which is about 50 minutes with the cooldown. I also did Cize 8 Count Abs. This workout is a big calorie burner and this was one of the the training ones. I love the way Shaun teaches the steps. He starts with a few steps and has you practice a few times. Once you get the steps he has you dance to them and then you add the steps to the previous ones and you build the routine up a little at-a-time. So much fun! My new dance shoes arrived and I used them but they were not good. My knee has been hurting but I know my quads are tight so they make my knee hurt. I've spent hours looking for new sneakers and decided for some Reebok dance shoes. I hope they feet me because some people say they run narrow others say they're roomy. Go figure! I think I'll be able to use them for kickboxing too because they will allow me to pivot easily.

Laurie, good job getting your workouts in even though those allergies are making you feel tired. Do you take Allegra or Claritin? I'm glad your DD can follow recipes at least you know she won't starve. Happy anniversary!

Laurel, I'm glad that nice workout refilled your energy tank on Thursday! Awesome job on Friday! I hope that headache is gone by now. In looking back now I think the ice was making my muscles tense too much. I am happy that I am recovering between workouts. The part that worries me about DC is that I'm going to find the conference boring and I will fall asleep and my boss will be there! The other big thing is that is going to interfere with the rotation and I don't know if I'll have time to workout. I'm going to workout at home the Sunday I'm leaving so at least I'll get that in. I'm not sure what will happen Monday and Tuesday. I definitely won't be able to workout on Wednesday because that is our travel day. I hope you don't find yourselves in the middle of a hurricane either!

Tami, I'm glad you had a good spinning class last night. Great workouts! I'm so glad Emma doesn't have Cushings Disease. When are you taking her for the urine work? I hope you do the ultrasound too though. She eats small rocks? OMG! Definitely go for the ultrasound!

Good night ladies and have a wonderful week!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Well this weekend was a bust for workouts, but on Saturday we cleaning 4 rooms of carpeting. So lots of moving furniture, and of course scrubbing those spots. With all of that I managed to get in over 10,000 steps. :D Sunday I just took it easy, and got my food prepped for the week. This morning was XTrain Chest, Back & Shoulders Premix #3 and the 100 Rep Lateral Raises.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes on our Anniversary. Doesn't seem that it has been that long, and then sometimes it seems forever. :p

Laurel, Nice job on the upper body combo, and adding in Tabatacise. It probably was for the best going out during the weekday. We ended up getting so much done on Saturday, and where exhausted by the end of the day. Sunday DH was at a car show until the afternoon, and then mowed the lawn. Just a really busy weekend, so it worked out really well. I love how Cami plays with Rocket, she stands in one place with a ball in her mouth, and he runs around her trying to figure out how to take it away. :D Too funny.

Tami, Great job on the workouts! Not knowing what is going on with Emma has to be hard, because they can't tell you what it hurting. I totally understand. I hope that the doc will be able to find out what is going on with an ultra sound. I have been doing the 21DFX meal plan, and it hasn't made me increase weight at all. I have noticed that I'm getting more definition, so that meals measurements should be better. The only problem I have is the weekends. I tend to go off track. :( Cami and Emma sound like they would be good pals, with just being around. I'm just happy that she is moving a bit more. Last night she needed snuggles from everyone, so she was going around getting her hugs. ;)

Thelma, Sounds like Cize is a great workout for you! Nice that Shaun makes learning easy. I probably would still be on the first move. :D Hope those new shoes work, having sore knees is not fun. I try not to take to much medication, I tend to either fall asleep with them or they make me stay up all night.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies. We enjoyed a hurricane-free weekend. DH had to work Saturday morning (while I cleaned) and then we got 18 holes of golf in before sunset. Good timing on our part because then the rain did came.....in buckets. No wind but lots of rain from the hurricane remnants. It rained/drizzled most of yesterday but we are back to normal today.

I took Saturday off from workouts. Yesterday started with LIHI Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and Core 1. For cardio I did the Intervals and Circuits premix from Cathe's Greatest Hits DVD. Today I started with LIHI Back, Shoulders and Biceps (I am rearranging workout order again this week). I was having one of those mornings, though, that had me staring at my DVDs and not feeling like doing anything when it came to cardio. On days like today, I have a tendency to reach for the dustiest workouts in the cabinet and did that today. Ended up with Cardio Kicks. An oldie but it felt good today!

Tami, that is good news on Emma, but I am sure you would feel better with an answer. Hopefully they can figure out what is going on with her. That is incredible news about your Mom!! Sounds like she is going to sell very quickly. I am happy to hear she is excited for this. Moving is never fun but so much better when you are looking forward to the change. Sounds like you may have timed your trip to see her well. I am sure she will appreciate the help in packing. And it gives you some good activity too! :p Not much fun.....but good activity.

Thelma, sounds like some fun workouts this weekend. So are the Cize workouts you are doing now more instructional? That is what it sounds like. Just curious. But it sounds like fun and good cardio too! I understand being concerned about workouts during your conference. Nothing worse than sitting through boring stuff all day and still not being able to get any movement in during the day. I have found myself working out at very odd hours during conferences which I don't necessarily recommend. I know when DH was with me, he never appreciated me doing jumping jacks in the room at 4:30am!! I just always felt something was better than nothing, but sleep is good too!

Laurie, sounds like a good productive weekend. Carpet cleaning is no fun! That is so cute about Cami playing ball with Rocket. Sounds like she is having a good tease with her little brother!! Too much fun.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Another quick weekend but good! So Saturday I did Cardio Supersets Xtreme (not on the schedule, but wanted to make up some cardio time & it sounded fun), then yesterday was Lift It HiiT It Chest/Shoul/Tri's - xtreme pre-mix with abs. I did go into work on Saturday again and worked for 4 hours, we had a huge wind storm; like 50 mph winds, it was crazy and NOT good for all those fires. But yesterday, Hallelujah, it rained!!! I have never been so happy to see rain. I was able to open up my house windows for the first time in weeks. Felt so good. Yesterday I also met a friend for coffee & then food prepped. DH arrived home about 1:00 a.m. from his fishing trip and I was awake, asleep, awake, asleep so no a.m. workout ~ BootCamp tonight.

So my mom's house SOLD, just as I had anticipated with the amount of showings she had and their market right now; PLUS it sold for $25K over the asking price! :):) Amazing and so great for her. I did find out on Friday on my way home we talked on the phone and into the evening ... my sister is paying for her move. So the packers, movers, etc and helping with the purchase of her condo. What is great about her house sale is the extra $$ she will have to also put down on her new place and to have some money in her savings. Super happy for her. IT closes in 30 days but the young couple buying it said if she needs longer, she can rent back, super great situation. Sounds like a clean deal and they are pre-approved, ready to go on financing so all should go smooth. Looking forward to being there at the end of the week and we will have some fun but also I will help her with some stuff she needs help with as far as packing (she wants to do a lot of her fragile items, personal items on her own of course & stack in the garage) so we will do some of that and some fun stuff too. Bitter sweet for me to be visiting her before she leaves. I have so many fun memories of her cute little house and being there, so the last time I will be in Portland for a very long time. Many more memories to come at her new place I'm sure.

Laurel: Great job with the workouts! Nice that you were able to get in some golf as well - - without a hurricane. My sister is on a trip to Hawaii right now and I was concerned about the hurricane there; so far all is good where she is at. Thank you for the well wishes/thoughts on Emma. So over the weekend I paid very close attention to her patterns and the panting. I am starting to really think and want to run it by the vet that it is her esophagus; he had said there was a little scar tissue in her esophagus . . . most likely from the years of eating rocks :|:| But it seems like she pants and kind of coughs, like clearing her throat and then pants and she is done. I don't know, grasping at things but wishful thinking it is something small. Yes, very exciting about my mom and eventhough I most likely wont get in any workouts the packing and moving heavier boxes into place for her will be a little bit of a workout.

Laurie: The cleaning and moving of furniture I am sure was more of a calorie burn than you even realize! You were moving and being productive!! I bet it feels great to have it all clean. I feel like I definitely need to get my carpets cleaned after all this smoke/dust that we have been living in. It just never feels clean in the house right now, even when I clean. LOL Sounds like the 21 Day Fix is working then, no gains but definition is always a good thing! I was just curious, thinking about switching up my meal plan a bit when I get back from Portland. Just to "shock my body" a bit and try something new. I think Cami and Emma would be great pals . . . just hang out and sigh at the young ones. LOL

Thelma: Sounds like Cize was lots of fun for you!!! That is great to hear and I am glad he gives some instruction as well on the moves. I'm with Laurie, I would be on move #1 over and over before moving on. I hope the shoes you decided on work just right for you; taking that much time to decide on a pair is frustrating if you don't like them. But did you purchase on Zappos? As you know, you can always return for free.
    I am also so happy Emma doesn't have Cushings. As I explained (in a lot of detail) LOL my observations over the weekend with her I am truly hoping it is just something simple like that, maybe the scar tissue causing a little restriction and so she pants/coughs/pants. I will go for the ultra sound soon; it will take an appt. in Spokane which is about 30 miles away and it is downtown. So a time commitment forsure, not just a quick buzz in and buzz out locally appt. But I want to know what's happening with her forsure.

Hope you ladies have a great rest of your day/evening! Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! I did High Reps for the first time tonight. I had to go lite given my shoulder issues and felt that I got a good workout. I liked it with one exception: didn't like the so called warm up. As soon as I saw what the warm up was doing I stopped the DVD and did my own warm up. My knee was still feeling achy this morning but as the day went on it got better.

Laurie, you didn't get your usual type of workout on Saturday but you did pretty good with all those steps! Great job this morning! That's really adorable about Cami and Rocket playing together! So sweet!
    I think Cize is going to be a good workout for me once I get the right shoes. I hear you about not wanting to take meds.

Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad you had a hurricane free weekend. Good timing on the golf game before the rain! Cardio Kicks sounds like a fun workout!
    The Cize workouts I've done so far are the instructional ones. DVD 1 has two cardio instructional workouts, a warm up and the ab workout. I was pleasantly surprised that the longer cardio workout game such a nice burn. By the time I was done with my Cize workout and stretching on Saturday I had burned 587 calories.
    I've thought about waking up early to workout while in DC but the conference starts at 7:30 on Monday I think. I know I'll be OK on Sunday. I am probably going to take my Cathe travel workout. I can't remember what the actual name is. The hotel has a gym but I'll be afraid to go downstairs by myself at the crack of dawn. I imagine my team will have to stick together at the end each day.

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

No 21DFX workout yesterday, it is a little difficult to get in a workout with the little man around. He just sprawls his body on my workout space, so I have to wait until DH or youngest gets home. By that time it is getting to late. Oh well, at least I get in the morning workout now. This morning I did the XTrain Cardio Leg Blast premix that I did last week. I really like that one, it gets the legs good in 30 min. ;)

Laurel, Glad to hear that you only got the rain. Nice that you pulled out one of your dusty workouts, I'm sure that Cardio Kicks was fun. Great job on the other workouts also. I just love the way the house feels after cleaning the carpets, and it always seems that there isn't as much dust around too. We still have to do our bedroom and dd's, but that will have to be for another day.

Tami, Hey is sounds like all of us are making this rotation work for us in our own way. Great job on the workouts. Glad to hear that you had rain also, sounds like all of us had some rain this weekend. Your area needs it way more that we do though. How wonderful for your Mom on the sale of her house, it is moving along really quick. I'm sure that it will be really nice for you Mom to be in a condo, she will not have to worry about all the issues that her house probably needs. Totally understand about the clean feeling, it really does make a huge difference when the carpets are clean. The house doesn't smell as doggy. :D I really love the containers, it keeps me accountable. I'm wondering what the Hammer & Chisel program will be like for the containers. 21DF and 21DFX are different on what they allow you to eat.

Thelma, Great job on the workout! I have not tried High Reps in a while, but that is the one that uses weights for the warm up, isn't it? I remember a few people didn't like that. So by doing the Cize instructional workout, you then have all the moves for the ones that are not instructional?

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with LIHI Legs. I love this workout! I took a bit of a break then dusted off another oldie for pure cardio. I did Step Blast and the core work from Step, Jump and Pump. Had so much fun with this today.

Tami, yay on your Mom's house!! Sounds like a perfect situation--extra $$, a cooperative and flexible buyer, etc. and how wonderful your sister is able to help her relocate. I am sure your trip next week will be a bit bittersweet, but you have all those trips to sunny LA to look forward to in the future. About Emma, when you mentioned last week that she eats rocks, I was surprised. That can't be good for her so I don't think your assessment may be too far off the mark. Poor thing. So happy you finally got rain! Nothing like being able to open the windows for fresh air. We are still a couple months away from that, but I am ready for it, that's for sure.

Thelma, glad you enjoyed High Reps. I am not a big fan of the light weight warm-ups either. I much prefer to do something more movement based first. I like her warm-ups in her XT weight workouts because she does total body movement and then light weights. But for High Reps (and STS Total Body I think) she just does the weights. Thanks for the info on Cize. I like that there is an instructional element to it.

Laurie, sorry about the evening workouts, but I suppose the little one needs attention after long days. :p Glad you enjoyed Cardio Leg Blast again. Such a good workout.

Off to get my hair 'fixed'. It is much needed! See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies! So last night's BootCamp was all outside in a parking lot nearby. We did sprints, suicide sprints, foot taps on the curb, push-ups, squats, burpees on the curb, you guys get the picture. She did it in a HiiT format again; someone in the group had suggested we go outside is why she did. And she said we will be indoors for so many months moving forward, the air is clear so why not. IT was a pretty fun class, went by fast. This a.m. I opted to flip-flop Rockin Knockout with Lift It HiiT It Legs due to time. So tomorrow will be RK. Insane X tonight!

Laurel: Awesome combo again and again! :) You never cease to amaze me, that’s awesome!! I ran my assessment by DH last night for Emma. He kind of gave me a blank stare but agreed it can’t be good even if she does pass them. Rocks are not good for that many years of doing it. :( Super excited for my mom, you’re right even though it’s bitter sweet, it will be fun to make a visit to L.A. now and again and enjoy the sunshine!

Laurie: I bet it is like having a small child around. So fun, I’m sure Rocket will eventually settle into your time in the workout room and not want to play all the time …. A ways down the road maybe but “maybe” ?!?!? Great job getting in your XT Legs pre-mix this a.m. Sounds like the portion control containers are working for you then, that’s awesome. I'm excited to see what that other program is like, etc. ;)

Thelma: Nice job on High Reps! I know what you mean about that warm-up, like Laurel said, STS Total Body is the same way and I also like to get my body moving a bit before I go into weights or any style of workout. Good job getting in a warm-up you liked.

Until tomorrow ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! RWH Low Impact I & II tonight. My shoulders felt a little "DOMSY" all day from yesterday's High Reps but that was expected and I've taken care of them. I hope they'll be better tomorrow.
    I am loving this rotation even if I can't lift as heavy as I would like to. I am getting good workouts in. The rotation calls for STS TBT on Friday and I can't figure out which disc this workout is in. I have the STS program and I looked at all the disc covers today and couldn't figure it out from there. I hope you ladies can tell which workout this is. I just read Tami's post and she answered this question. STS Total Body! Why didn't I see that listed on the backs of the DVD cases? I still need to know where to find it though so any help will be very much appreciated.

Laurie, good job for getting your workout in! Hopefully the little guy will let you workout soon!
    High Reps is the one with the warm up with weights. Not just any weights. She uses a barbell first, then switches to dumbbells. I don't think all the Cize workouts have all the moves Shaun uses in the instructional DVD's. He thinks people will be able to follow. I read that he continues to build on the choreography on the actual workouts. I'll stay with the instructional a while longer before I venture out to the real deal! LOL

Laurel, great workout combo. Of course you won't catch the rest of use doing that type of step workout! LOL I'd probably break an ankle! LOL. I don't think I have that Jump and Pump sounds good though. The rotation calls for a RWH Plyo workout for Thursday. I am tempted to try it. I've never used it given that when we got the program I was not able to do any jumping. I am definitely doing more jumping and the new floor is helping. I hope my new sneakers get here soon and that they fit me. I read that they were really good for dancing AND high impact aerobics. They are more of a cross trainer. Do you use cross trainers or running shoes?
    I'd forgotten STS doesn't use a movement type warm up. I like you prefer the movement type warm up too. There is no way the weight ones will warm me up the way I need to.

Tami, I totally missed your post last night! I thought it was weird that Laurel was talking about your mom's house yet I didn't have a post for you on my page. I went back to previous days and couldn't find a thing. Tonight I noticed that we were on page 92 and there was your post! Sorry I missed you!
    Great workouts on the weekend. That Xtreme workout sounds scary to me! LOL
    So excited for your mom too! She is one fortunate lady to have sold the place quickly and for more no less! Totally awesome! I'm sure it is bittersweet to say good bye to some memories. Take pictures! Really nice of your sister to pay for your mom's moving expenses.
    OMG that boot camp class sounds HARD!!!! Glad you had fun doing it! Awesome workouts today!
    Thank God you finally got some rain! I hope it helped a lot. I'm sure those strong winds were really bad for the fires. I'm glad your sister is safe while in Hawaii!
    Sometimes it takes time to get those ultrasound appointments so I hope you get one soon that is convenient. You definitely will need to fast her.
    I wish I could lift heavier when doing this High Reps workout. My arms were pumped after doing the biceps with the weights and bands. Normally she does triceps with the bands and I don't like how that feels so I use heavier weights but the bad is nice for biceps.
    I really think that you would get the Cize moves if you tried. So far I'm good with the instructional. At the end he has you do the routine like 3-4 times with a fun song.

Good night ladies!

Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Yesterday I went downstairs and started 30MTF Circuit Burn Boxing and Legs. I got started, and the little man got in the way. I actually hit him on the head with a weight, but he was okay. So I decided to put him in his kennel until I was done. Boy could I hear him whine up there! :# This morning I did XTrain Bi's & Tri's Premix #9, and that one was a good one. Rocket was with me this morning, but just laid on my yoga mat the whole workout.

Laurel, When I mastered Step Blast for the first time I was so happy. That was one of the very first Cathe step workouts that I had. That one was always a tough one too. I am really loving all these premixes so far, it does make me think about which one I can get done in the amount of time I have though. ;)

Tami, Sounds like a tough class! We had super hot muggy weather yesterday, and I was surprised at all the people out running. They all looked exhausted and ringing wet. After this morning, with him not trying to nip at me, it was good. I just have to find a way that he isn't sprawled in the middle of the workout space. With weight workouts I can work around him, but cardio is a little more difficult.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts and rotation. Nice to know that even with the lighter weights, you are still getting in a good workout. The STS Total Body is a separate DVD, it came out after the STS program. I'm sure that you will be able to catch on to the moves in Cize super quick.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I did an interesting combo today. I felt like a little upper body but not heavy, so I started with RWH Upper Body Circuit with abs mixed in (the 59 minute premix). I really like this premix because it feels like a total body workout with some cardio moves.....but not a cardio workout like it does without the abs mixed in. I followed it with Rockout Knockout Scrambled 2. The combo of the two workouts and using weighted gloves on the latter makes my upper body feel gently worked which is exactly what I was looking for. Good stuff.

Tami, sounds like quite a BC class. I am glad you enjoyed it. It probably did feel good to be outside. Still can't imagine doing all that on concrete though!! My poor body likes cushion. B)

Thelma, love that RWH workout. STS Total Body was released after STS, so it isn't in that series. It is a separate DVD altogether. It was released at the same time as High Reps which is why I think the warm-ups are similar. The STS program has non-weighted warm-ups. I wear cross trainers for working out. Running shoes don't have the lateral support and since I have foot issues and Achilles issues, I think cross trainers are better. I think you might be able to try Plyo HiiT One (the one without the step). You can always try to modify the moves lower if needed. The one with the step wouldn't be as easy to modify.

Laurie, hope Rocket doesn't have a headache from yesterday's workout! :o I am glad he was more cooperative for your workout this morning. Step Blast is still one of my favorite Cathe step workouts. Not easy to learn but lots of fun. Glad you are enjoying the premixes. I am loving all of the options available for modifying this rotation to make it work.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night's Insane X class was another Katy fabulous class. (aka: tough stuff) We did stations set up in each corner and the middle of the gym. So you had to sprint to one and do 40 reps of the exercise, sprint to next, etc. 5 rounds. Then 30 reps, 20 reps, 10 reps. Then we lined up and did sprints, then 2 rounds of KB swings and planks, then more sprints. Phew! - Good Stuff. I felt bad for the "1st Timer's" who are trying out classes before the Biggest Loser starts up again in a couple weeks. This a.m. was Rockout Knockout . . . I won't be able to go to Spinning tonight, I have to pack so that my suitcase and everything is in the car when I go to work tomorrow; leaving to airport straight from work. Good news is I will get in a workout tomorrow a.m.!

Laurel: Great work today - sounds like a perfect combo. KB workouts are always so good after upper body I think. Nicely done. Yes, the concrete is definitely NOT forgiving. So you wear cross trainers for all your workouts? I have always thought they wouldn't be supportive enough but see that they are suggested for so many styles of workouts, similar or exactly the type that I do. Have thought of getting a good pair and trying. What brand do you wear?

Laurie: Little Rocket, so funny! I did that to Bernie once, didn't phase him much but I felt bad. Great job getting in your 30 MTF workout and this a.m. as well.

Thelma: No worries on missing my post! Sounds like everyone gave you the info you needed on STS Total Body. It is definitely worth a purchase if you don't have it yet. Very thorough full body workout, but warm-up is not the kind you like as we discussed. LOL That's a great idea on the pics at my moms, I will. Yes, my sister is very generous and it is fabulous she can afford to do that for my mom. Otherwise, I know my mom would drive a U-Haul to California, me following in her little car. This will be much smoother for her. IT is truly the best her house sold so fast and for more $$ as well.

I will check in with you guys tomorrow!
    Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Lower Body Blast tonight. The rotation called for including leg drills which is the Barre section for a total of 76 minutes. I ran out of gas after the floor section so I skipped the leg drills. I wasn't feeling too energetic tonight and that made the workout feel harder than it is. This week the rotation has included more cardio so I'm starting to feel that my calves are tight causing my right foot to feel like the plantar fascitis wants to kick in again. I won't try the plyo workout tomorrow. I'll probably just do my spinning bike.

Laurie, great workouts! I hope Rocket forgave you for hitting on the head with the weight. LOL. Is he usually in his kennel in the morning? I can just imagine his whining when you put him in his kennel so you could do your workout! No wonder I can't find that STS workout! I'm going to have to figure out what to substitute this one with. Maybe something like total body trisets? Any recommendations?

Laurel, what a great combo! I love those premixes where Cathe mixes abs in.
    I don't think I've ever looked at this STS workout. Do you have a suggestion of a workout similar to STS TB that I can do instead? I'm thinking total body trisets but I'm sure there are others I can do.
    Now that you mention the ply with the step I remember watching the little clip before the program was released. I can't do those jump ups with the step.

Tami, that sounds like another killer workout. Glad you enjoyed it! I feel bad for the newbies too. So much for Katy taking it easy with the newbies! LOL
    I hope you have a great trip. Enjoy the time with your mom. So glad your sister is paying for your mom's moving expenses. It would've been hard for you two to do the drive to CA. I am going to have to keep this STS TB workout in mind.

Good night ladies!

Thelma