Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a good weekend. DH and I got together with his brother and wife and it was a lot of fun. Friday I did XT CBS w/u BB Bulk Back, ICE Low Impact Sweat short premix, Stretch. I was dragging on Friday but got myself to the basement. Even though I was tired I was able to go up in weights which was great. On Saturday I did BB Bulk Shoulders and also went up on some weights. I followed that with ICE Rock'm and Sock'm and today my usual spinning. Tomorrow I start BB week 7! Temps this weekend were pretty warm. Tonight I put my winter coats away.

Laurie, awesome workouts! So funny about Cami not wanting to go out when you wanted to take her out!
    I will have to be careful with H&C when I first start by using light weights. I'm glad you haven't experienced any issues. You'll have to be very carefull with that close grip chest press Laurie. I'll have to see the exact size of the little food containers when I order the program to see if I can use them.

Laurel, wonderful combo on Friday! WTG!! I will definitely modify that STS rotation I found last week with the cardio workouts I have. I'm glad you haven't felt H&C is unsafe. I hope I'll be OK now that I am stronger. On Friday when I did heavier weights for back it got things pretty tight and they were tight on Saturday too. I did a good warm up, then shoulders with heavier weights. Things were tight after that but relaxed as the day went on. This is huge improvement for me. I no longer have to wait a couple of days for my upper back to recover. I think BB is a program that I will have to do a couple of times a year. Congrats Laurel, on noticing that you look more chiseled!
    Do you use the cardio step for those step ups Autumn does?

Tami, great workouts! I hope you ladies won the VB tournament! Thanks so much on the congrats comments Tami! I was able to wear a pair of jeans on Saturday that I never thought I would be wear again. It felt wonderful! I understand now that the body needs rest from a given program before going back into it. Are you still using the step for Autumn's step ups? I can't wait to start H&C!
    Thanks also Tami for congratulating me on my job changes. It really will be more work.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,417 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

On Saturday I did Turbo Fire 30 and Hammer Conditioning. On Sunday I did ICE Low Impact Sweat Premix #18 which is the first part of Cardio 2 and the last part of Cardio 1, really like the mix. I followed that up with Chisel Cardio, that one killed my lower body good. This morning I did ICE Metabolic Total Body Premix #4 which is the mish mosh. Tomorrow starts my last week with the Hammer and Chisel workouts, I'm amazed that I'm this close to the end, and have really loved this program.

Laurel, Great workouts! I felt the same way after doing that Power workout a second time. I think that it helped me to have done Kelly Coffey Meyers LIFT workout also, because she does the same moves but with a barbell. Thanks for the information on P90X2, I have looked at some reviews and it really does appear that it strengthens the core area really well. I have to say that the only drawback for me so far is the length of the DVD's and the warm-up. It appears that Tami is willing to sell hers, so I have some time to think about it. I really have loved the strength I have gotten from this H&C series, my push-ups have gotten so much better. If P90X2 can give even better results, then I am very tempted. Probably would be a good program to plug in after something like STS, Body Beast or P90X.

Tami, At least you got in some good ab work, and of course a wonderful conversation with your friend. I have those type with my sisters. Great job going up on the weight for the pistol squat, I'm still not able to up the weights yet, I have to put that foot down toward the end. I'm very tempted by your offer, the program really does sound solid for getting this core of mine stronger. That is one of my goals as I get older, really don't want to have back/balance issues. My dad has fallen down so many times, and I don't want to be that old person that falls and can't get up. I'm wondering if I should try that dreaded CCC workout of Cathe's after I'm finished with H&C! I just might have improved on that one move. :D You will probably see a message from me at some point this week, and thanks for the offer.

Thelma, Great job on those workouts, and upping the weights. I'm wondering if we will hear that all of us have don't the Low Impact Sweat workout in some way this weekend. Seems that we tend to do that. I agree with you on going light with these workouts at first. All the workout have great modifications though, in fact I was thinking of you while doing the Chisel Cardio this weekend. One of the moves she explains the modifications for someone who has shoulder issues. In fact you can sub some of the push-ups for flys also, because the pace isn't super fast. I'm getting excited to start BB next week, so I will be joining you for the last half of your rotation. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice weekend here. Nothing too special, but we're able to spend the day yesterday with my in-laws which was nice. Saturday was my usual day off from workouts, which felt good. Yesterday I started with Total Body Chisel, which I love, and Chisel Abs. For cardio, I did Cathe's Intensity with the BC premix. Today was Hammer Power, and I did go up with the weight. It felt fantastic. Then, after a break, I did ICE Bootcamp with Blizzard Blast, Muscle Meltdown Biceps and Icy Core. Good stuff!

Tami, congratulations on going up with the weight on the pistol squats. I have Chisel Balance scheduled for tomorrow, and I hope to do the same. We'll see after today's leg work though! :o

Thelma, great workouts. So happy that your muscles are relaxing between workouts better. I echo going light on H&C when you start....just to be safe. I use Cathe's High Step for my leg step up work in H&C. I use it at either 12" or 14" depending on the day or the exercise. For some moves, I use my regular step bench as well that goes up to 10".

Laurie, great workouts. I can't believe you are almost done with H&C! Great job!! More about P90X2......honestly, without the outrageously long warm-up (and some have a long stretch at the end as well), the workouts themselves actually aren't that long. That took me some getting used to when I did the program because I would be ready for a 60 minute workout, and the actual workout itself might be 35 minutes. Again, Tony does some crazy impossible moves in some of the workouts, and I just ignored him and modified the heck out of it to be safe. But even with all those modifications, my core got SO strong. I do think it would be a good program for after Body Beast (much like I am finding H&C to be) because there is enough weight work that you won't lose all your strength gains but the focus will be on something that Body Beast doesn't really touch on so much, and that is more functional training.

See you all tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I had a pretty quiet weekend at home without DH, but all was good. Saturday I did H&C Max Hammer Strength followed by KCM Lean Body Circuits, which was a nice add on having cardio, KB and a little more weight training! Yesterday was H&C Chisel Total Body and then I headed straight to my Volleyball Tourney . . . we ended up losing our first game so we had to come back and play 10 straight after that! But we WON first place. So that was great to win and we had lots of fun. We started out terribly (obviously from our loss) but as the day went on we played better and better. Finally caught our stride in the last match. Some days are just like that. I was feeling the “tireds” last night forsure but not like the other ladies would have been. They were dying in that last match so again I will mention how thankful I am for my continued workouts and training for days like yesterday.  So this a.m. I had a few extra zzzzzz’s and tonight I am headed to BootCamp.

Laurel: Outstanding job as always!! So nice you enjoyed the time with your in-laws, I bet it is nice after all these years of traveling and being away from family to have them there. I am sure they love it too. Speaking of family, how is your mom doing? Good luck with those Pistol Squats! I am sure you will do fabulous. I find it takes some serious concentration when I go heavier forsure. LOL

Laurie: Great job with your workouts this weekend! Sounds like a fun Premix with LI Sweat! Thanks for mentioning it, probably a perfect combo going into Chisel Cardio. WOW – week #8 starts tomorrow! So happy for you completing this program and from what you have said, had some amazing results! I bet you would be absolutely surprised at your ability to do that dreaded last move in CCC of Cathe’s! That one definitely requires core and upper body strength to get into. Funny you mentioned that one, I was recently thinking of that workout and wanting to do that one again; its been a while. I am on Week #7 so just a little bit behind you. You’re welcome for the offer …. No pressure either, just a way to save even more $$ if you are interested in getting that one.

Thelma: Sounds like a fun weekend with your BIL and his wife. Fantastic job with your BB workouts and ICE add-ons! Seriously killing it on this program . . . so happy for you. Yes, I have used my step bench throughout the whole program; step ups in both Sagi’s and Autumn’s workouts. The only move I don’t use the bench is a move I was talking about where you are in a Bulgarian Split squat position and you push off with your grounded foot into the air. The weight of that motion makes my top portion flip off . . . LOL so I have done it without, which is still a great move and I go higher. So my step being set with 5 risers in some of the other moves is pretty tall, but works the back side well! 4 would probably work as well but thought I would challenge myself more in this program since there aren’t a lot of reps done (15 at the most) I can always feel it’s working, so that’s a good thing! You must have seriously felt like a MILLION bucks in those jeans since you never thought you would get into them again. Congrats!!!! I’m glad you are excited to start H&C, just like we are about starting BB.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow! Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Chest, ICE Blizzard Blast, Stretch. I was able to up weights in some exercises but I think I'm pretty much max'd out with the chest workout. I tried to do incline push-ups for the first time today using the step and 2 risers. I wasn't able to do to many incline reps because I don't have the core strength needed but at least I tried. I finished the set on my knees. I am definitely going to try the incline push-ups going forward for sure. I can't believe I'm on week 7! :)

Ladies, don't forget that there is this website to build your own hybrid workout schedule. We could try a BB/H&C rotation!
    https://workoutscheduler.net/hybrid-workout-scheduler/

I was just looking at the H&C schedule and it has a workout on Sundays! I hate that because Sunday's are just so busy for me. I wish I could just do the workouts Monday-Saturday but since it's total body I imagine the rest day mid-week is necessary? I'll be buying the program soon.

Are you ladies able to do this jumping over the bench. See at 35 seconds
    What about these jumping (?) push-ups at 1:16?
    https://youtu.be/heNR8MHBVAg

Laurie, awesome workouts and congrats on starting your last week H&C week! So proud of you!!! I think I'm going to sell that kettle bell program I bought. I forget what it's called. I just don't want to get kettle bells and there it doesn't feel right to do it with dumbbells to me. I'll have to look into that KCM LIFT workout. You got me at barbell moves! LOL
    That Low Impact Sweat workout is awesome. I was short in time tonight so I simply did the blizzard blast or whatever it is called. I am actually doing the jump ups with no risers. That is huge progress for me because those jump ups scare me. Soon I'll try jumping up using one riser.
    I like that the H&C workout has modifiers and the pace isn't super fast. I can't wait to read about your experience with BB.

Laurel, amazing workouts as always! So glad you got to spend time with your in-laws! I second Tami's question about your mom.
    I'll definitely play it safe with H&C by starting with light weights. I think I would use Cathe's step for step ups. I may try stepping up onto my weight bench but I'll have DH there to catch me while I test it just in case LOL!

Tami, congrats on winning you VB tournament! Great workouts too!
    You just made me crap up with the "Seriously killing it on this program". Thank you. I am trying that is for sure and I have gained strength which is amazing for me. Good to know that you're still using the step for step ups. Are you using the little step for the step ups? I sure felt like a MILLION bucks in those jeans. I felt so proud of myself!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did Total Body Hammer. I was suppose to include the ab workout, but I was running late. I will tack that one onto another day. This morning I did ICE Rock'm Sock'm Timesaver # 4.

Laurel, Lots of great workout! It sure is fun to see the combos that you are able to incorporate with the H&C workouts. Thanks for the further information on P90X2, it sounds really tough. I will have to think about that one a little longer, because these H&C workouts have moves that I am comfortable with doing, but those workouts really do sound like a challenge. I think the length of the workouts is probably my only hesitation. I'm really enjoying doing workouts that are under 50 min.

Tami, Congrats on the volleyball win! That is a lot of games to have to play in one day. I don't have the Lean Body Circuits, but it is on my wish list. Have to admit that the Low Impact Sweat premix with that H&C workout really got my legs good for the rest of the day. One of the things that I really have liked about these H&C workouts is the lower body work. Now I know that I will have to pull out that workout, just to see how I would do with it. I'm shocking myself on even thinking about trying that one again. I had myself convinced that I would never ever attempt that one, guess I'm gaining confidence in my endurance;

Thelma, Great job on the workout, and attempting the push-ups. Sounds like a solid plan on the push-ups. I have my rest day on Friday, so you could move the workouts to fit into your Sunday. That is why my rotation week starts on a Tuesday. I have the workout calendar out so I can make sure that I am on the right day. I'm able to do the jump over the bench, but I'm not fast, and I stay closer to the middle of my bench. I don't want my feet to hit the bench and then I'm on the floor. I'm also able to do a very tiny jump on those push-ups, and go slow on this exercise also. This is a move that Tony did in P90X, but he would clap his hands. I don't know if I have tried the Blizzard Blast yet on the Low Impact Sweat, but I'm planning on trying out all of the blasts during the Body Beast rotation. My plan is to do cardio in the morning, and then the BB workout after work. On the BB workouts that are 35 min. or under I would probably move the BB workout to the mornings, and then a longer cardio after work.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with Chisel Balance. I went up in weight for most moves and I definitely felt it......but it felt good! I had to take those bent over rows/pistol squats pretty slow to keep my balance but managed without falling over. :) It was good. For cardio, I did Cathe's Drill Max Ultra Cardio premix followed by Muscle Meltdown Triceps. Good stuff.

Tami, sounds like a lot of volleyball on Sunday. Congratulations on the win! I bet you all were tired but pretty pleased fighting through like you did. That's fantastic. It is nice being near family, that's for sure. I really like when we can get together with them......just to get together. Holidays can be a bit stressful, but Sunday was so relaxing and fun. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for asking about my mom. She's hanging in there. She has been off chemo again for about a month because she didn't like how the last treatment made her feel. But she is going to go back on here soon. I just feel bad for her because, honestly, nothing they can do for her is going to make her feel better and she is just tired of not feeling good. But she keeps as good an attitude as one can have, and that makes me happy.

Thelma, great workouts. Regarding the H&C rotation, I don't take the break in the middle of the week. I workout Sunday-Friday straight through, so if you want to workout Monday-Saturday, I think you will be fine. The rotation is, in essence, just a six day on, one off, rotation and, as I mentioned before, there doesn't seem to be much method to how they arranged the rotation, so most days you are doing repeat body parts. About those moves in that video, I don't do that jump over my step but keep my feet clear of the step (off the back) so I don't hit it. And jumping push-ups for me really come down to pushing off a little. I definitely don't get air......but I just try to get some more explosive movement to it. Be careful if you use your bench for the step up moves. I know, for me, at 5'2", that would be too high. So be careful! Thanks for asking about my mom as well. Like I said to Tami, she is hanging in there as best as she can.

Laurie, great workouts. P90X2 is tough, and I understand your concern about the length. Like I mentioned yesterday, the warm-ups really extend the length of the workout, and I don't know how you would feel doing a modified warm-up. I was thinking today doing the short warm-up for Chisel Balance about why there can't be a happy medium between that warm-up and the outrageously long warm-up for P90X2. For me, I am really figuring out that Cathe is really, really good at warm-ups because I never feel anything like that with her workouts.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well last night was by far the TOP Class for BootCamp. We had another trainer fill in and I have always known she was tough, so I was happy when I found out she was filling in. We did a Tabata style class that was circuit based. So 8 sets of 20 second on, 10 second off for each station which included: Box jumps with burpees, KB swings, KB raises, scissors, jump ropes, mtn climbers in the TRX bands, boot camp style push-ups PLUS a lot of running the stairs in the beginning with push-ups in between each lap. Afterwards we ran sprints and did burpees on the med balls. OY! It was great though. Felt like Katy’s sister was leading the class. LOL This a.m. was ISO Chisel Strength and tonight will be Katy for Insane-X.

Laurel: Fantastic work with Chisel Balance … definitely requires some concentration at the end on those! Way to go and then to go right into DM Ultra Cardio Premix, that’s a toughie for cardio! I’m glad your mom is hanging in there and keeping a positive attitude. So sorry she isn’t feeling good and nothing they can really do to help. I’m sorry to hear that. I am sure it is very hard for you and you worry a lot. I know I would be if it was my mom too. Will going back on the chemo help w/ her current symptoms then? Speaking of new rotations starting up for all of us, what do you think you will be doing next? STS/P90X or? :smile:

Thelma: Great job with you BB Chest + the ICE Blast! Nicely done and kudos for going up in the weights . . . good on you for trying the incline push-ups. You will get there, look at the strength gains you have made to date with your workouts!! Yes, that hybrid scheduler is awesome; that was the one I found a few weeks ago thinking it was so fabulous! I think we should all do a “hybrid” of some kind this year!! As far as how you start your schedule (as Laurel already addressed) you can start on whatever day works for you. I have always started on Sunday’s because that works for me. On days they have a REST in the rotation I usually plug in some sort of Cathe workout or something that I want to do OR don’t workout that morning and go to Spinning or something that evening. Thanks for the kudos on the VBall tourney! It was lots of fun.

On the video … Yes I am able to do those moves with the jumping over the bench and also the push-ups. (P.S. those are the weights I have! Love them). That jump over the bench is something Katy used to have us do alot in her abs class. If you are wondering about either of the moves, you could definitely go lower on the bench height, or off the end like Laurel does. Remember, I am taller (5’6) so the higher bench works for me. :wink:
    I use my step bench for everything: weights, step ups, the video moves, etc. I don’t have one of Cathe’s small steps, when I figured I could just use my regular step bench for everything I didn’t make that investment plus storing one more thing. I just add additional risers to my step to make it work for me. :wink:

Laurie: Awesome work with Total Body Hammer and the Rock’m Sock’m timesaver this a.m. Thanks for the congrats, yes it was a lot of games. When you lose your first match, that’s what happens; then the team in the championship round we had to beat twice in order to win the whole thing. LOL I agree on H&C working the lower body so well; every workout has lower body and also that cardio factor built in because you are working those big muscles, love that! I think you should give it a go one of these days, (CCC), You will probably be impressed at your improved strength! :wink:

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ talk to you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did X10 w/u, BB Bulk Legs, Treadmill, stretch. I really challenged myself with heavier weights and my legs are feeling it. It's good to know that you can start the rotation any day you want so that the day off falls on a convenient day for you.
    About those jumping push-ups and the over the bench jump overs I will be doing whatever the modifier does. I saw a coach on you tube giving ideas for the jump overs. I am too short to jump over the bench. I could try simply little side to side jumps by standing at one end of the bench. I will have to start my rotation on Mondays as I always do and will take the day off on Sundays and do my spinning bike that day.

Laurie, fabulous workouts! Good for you for doing the jumping push-ups and jumping over the bench! I would have to have a very low and narrow bench in order to even attempt to jump over it! You'll have to try that Blizzard Blast on the Low Impact Sweat DVD. It uses the step BTW. The bulk phase on BB has the shorter workouts. I like that H&C attacks the lower body really well. I need all the leg help I can get! LOL

Laurel, awesome combo!!! Congrats on going up on the weights and doing the piston squats! They look pretty innocent but it doesn't sound like they are! I'm sorry your mom is having such a hard time with the chemo. It really makes people very sick.
    I am going to play it totally safe with H&C Laurel. Both the jumping push ups and the over the bench get my alarm bells going.

Tami, killer workouts! WOW That BC class sounds seriously hard! Great job! Body Beast sure has made stronger and consequently; makes me want to try things that I wouldn't have done before. I'll have to try the incline push ups going forward. Being taller sure is an advantage with those bench jump overs! I know those are the weights you have! I remember looking them up when you told me what kind you had. A co-worker bought Autumn's 21 day fix program and she was telling what a pain it is to do the food with those containers. There is no way I would do my food measurements that way.
    I am definitely excited about working my legs harder with H&C.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work was Chisel Endurance (increased the weight for this!) and Ab Chisel, the later was done some on the floor some using the bench. The ones that you do the C curve I do on the floor, it just is way more comfortable. This morning was ICE Boot Camp Blizzard Blast, that was a fun one too. First time for me on that one, and I didn't go up to the 10 inch bench height that Cathe had, just did 8 inch and it was fine. Even though I have not added in tricep work, the bench dips in ICE BC were done with ease. I'm really impressed with the added strength and endurance that I'm getting from doing the H&C workouts.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and upping those weights on one of the toughest workouts in that set. Hope I can get to the point of being able to up the weights, still not stable enough to do that. Sorry to hear that your Mom is not feeling great after the treatments, they are difficult to go through. I will be thinking about those P90X2 workouts, will see if they will be something that I can deal with. I agree with you on Cathe's warm ups and cool down. The ICE series are a perfect example of that, they don't get to crazy like Insanity, but get your muscles going for the workout.

Tami, Sounds like a great class, and now I'm really convinced that they are looking for another instructor. ;) I like that she could be Katy's sister in workout torture. :o Then you followed that up with more from Autumn, I think that she is the tougher of the two for torture. You will all know when I have actually survived that workout, it will be an accomplishment for me to do just one of the core exercises that I have such a problem with.

Thelma, Great job on the leg work, have to love it when your legs are feeling it. I'm almost 5'8" so with my longer legs it is easier to get those feet over a bench. I still try to keep them away from the end, I don't need to fall. ;) Cathe does something similar in one of her workouts, can't remember which one, and she uses the step bench at a lower height. The floor option is good also, the modifier is really winded afterward. Probably because they can go at a faster pace. I was tempted by that Blizzard Blast in the low impact one, will for sure try it at some point. Those Low Impact workouts are deceptive, sure do sneak up on the lower body.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I started today with ISO Speed Hammer and followed it immediately with Muscle Meltdown Chest premix. For cardio, I started with X10 Step right into ICE Chiseled Lower Body with the Blizzard Blast. <3 My legs were definitely feeling yesterday's Chisel Balance, but this workout seemed to work out the DOMS. I hope......or I won't be able to walk later! :p

Tami, sounds like a fantastic class. Still sounds like something is up with your BC instructor because that is a lot of missed classes. Sounds like this latest substitute is a keeper though. I think STS is going to be up next. It has been over a year since I finished it last time, and so I think it will be that. I am going to try it as I recommended Thelma do it--Meso 2 first. It should take me up to the time DH starts his summer break (early June).....when I will be more pressed for workout time. But I am hoping to do Body Beast again when he goes back to work in August. And Laurie has me thinking about P90X2, so that may round out the end of the year. All subject to change, of course! Regarding my mom, I don't think the chemo is going to help with her symptoms. She is suffering from a horrible cough and nobody knows the cause. But if it is the cancer, and she was in chemo when it developed, it is highly unlikely the chemo is going to touch it. Not a good situation. I do worry a lot about her and just wish I was closer to her right now to help her with things.

Thelma, great workout. No doubt your legs are feelings no those heavier weights. Love that workout. Trust us......those pistol squats are brutal. They really sneak up on you. I get to rep 5 or so and think 'No problem' and then at rep 10 I am saying 'help'. :o Good tough stuff.

Laurie, good workout. I really like all of the Blizzard Blasts. In fact, the more I do of ICE, the more I like all of the workouts. H&C is really having a positive impact on my lower body strength and endurance. I love that! I think my legs may even be looking better. My husband commented on them this morning, and that is unusual because my legs are not.....well........to be honest, they are not very attractive. So for DH to comment on how good they look makes me happy. :) I know this is another program I am going to be sad to see the end of, that's for sure.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Last night’s class was another “sub” instructor, but she is the one who has filled in before for BootCamp and does a great job! It was a bunch of circuits at 1.5 minute each, including sprints and a lot of push-up, burpees on the ball and more fun stuff! This a.m. was Hammer Conditioning. I may have to miss Spinning tonight, DH needs help getting some tax paperwork ready so rather than be up late, I will get an earlier start.

Laurel: Fabulous job with ISO Speed Hammer and MM Chest. Your cardio mix is great too! Love that combo you put together. I wondered if you were going to do STS next and in that order you had suggested to Thelma! Sounds awesome. So sorry again about your mom. I hope they can help get her a little more comfortable at least, that would be nice.

Laurie: Nicely done with Chisel Endurance and the Chisel Abs! Yes, I am starting to think they are looking for someone else now too. Everyone is kind of asking where she is, etc. But nobody really knows what’s happening there. Love hearing about your added strength with H&C! So great when a program produces such good results! You are almost on your last H&C workout aren't you?!?! WOW. Congrats but great you will be starting BB!

Thelma: I bet your legs were feeling it today after the BB Legs! Nice work. Definitely a good idea to do modifications and make it work for you …. In H&C or whatever program you are doing! Don’t want any injuries.

Have a great night ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, tonight I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Arms, KCM Cardio Quick Fix. I was really tired and didn't feel like working out. I ended up going up in weights on a couple of exercises. For cardio I wanted something totally low impact and easy and that is why I chose KCM's Cardio Quick Fix. My thighs are still feeling my leg workout from Tuesday night.

Laurie, great workouts and congrats for being able to increase weight and gained endurance! I wish the step was as narrow as the work to out bench. It would be easier for me try to jump over it. It is good to know that they have modifiers. You are so lucky to be able to do those bench jump overs!

Laurel, what a combo! Great job! So sorry about your mom's terrible cough. I hope her doctors figure out how to help her soon.
    My legs sure are feeling those heavier weights. I love those half, side-to-side squat Sagi does. My inner thighs are feeling them! Congrats on your leg transformation too! That is AWESOME! When I was looking for a Cathe workout to do for a couple of weeks after BB I found one that targeted legs. I which I had saved it because I need serious help in that department. Hopefully I'll see some improvement when I do H&C too.

Tami, awesome job with those workouts! It sure sounds like your gym is looking for a new BC instructor. I hope they hire the one you like the most! I will definitely modify, modify, modify in order to keep it safe!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

After work was Max Hammer Strength, that one is so deceptive. You think that you are not going heavy enough, but the next day you are feeling it. This morning I stayed with what I had decided for my morning workout, and I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body Timesaver #1, which is the Blizzard Blast. With the workout yesterday, I should have done this workout yesterday morning. :D Guess I wasn't thinking, but with Chisel Cardio on the dock for after work today, I felt okay with plugging it in this morning. First time doing that blast, and LOVE it!

Laurel, LOL LOVE your workouts! I seriously didn't know that you had done that workout yesterday, it really surprises me that at some point during our week, we all seem to do the same workout at some point. Maybe I will wait till the end of the year to try out the P90X2, and do it with you. That way I can have a partner to help me with harder moves. Totally agree with you on this ICE series, really do love the variety. I'm glad that I bought both H&C and ICE, they are going to be used a lot this year. I know that my legs have gotten more definition, my DH hasn't really noticed it yet. Of course there has been no reason to get those shorts on in this area, so I'm always in long pants. :D I'm glad to hear that your legs are getting noticed though.

Tami, Glad to hear your class was another good one, even with a sub. Nice job on the H&C workout also. After today I will only have three workouts left. Tomorrow is my rest day, so I'm ending H&C on Monday. Last night I was looking for the sheet of paper that I put my measurements on, and I think I may have thrown it away. :o I had been down there cleaning things up, and had thrown some papers away. I will have to look again just to make sure, but I know that I did change my weight in MFP so that when I change that on Tuesday morning I will know how much weight I have lost. I know I have lost some.

Thelma, Great job on the workout, I really like the Quick Cardio Fix workout. The second workout on that DVD is higher impact that the first one is, just so you know. Two days of DOMS for the legs, that really is a good workout. The Body Beast itch has officially started for me, I'm ready for Tuesday and my first workout! ;) I'm just lucky that my knees land around the area of the top of the bench, that is probably why I can do those jumps. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Boy were my legs tired this morning. All I could think was 'what was I thinking yesterday?' :p It took me forever to convince myself to workout. And I started with Chisel Endurance. :o Those first step/runs on the bench were tough! But as the workout progressed, I started feeling better......thankfully. I followed that with Muscle Meltdown Back and the core work from Cathe's High Step Conditioning. I love the core work from that workout because it is short and tough. Cathe does one move where you are laying on your back, bring your knees to your chest, raise the legs straight up toward the ceiling, lower towards the floor and then bend in again. You do that like 8 times and then hold your legs straight out for 16 counts before pulling them straight up and doing the move in reverse. That transition from holding the straight leg out to lifting them straight up to the ceiling is ALWAYS a tough one for me........except for today! I didn't even really feel it and all I could think was that H&C is doing something seriously right for my core. Felt so good. So, for cardio, I decided to push these tired legs some more and did Cathe's Shock Cardio HiiT workouts back to back to back. Love doing that and it felt great!

Tami, sounds like another good BC class. I hate to admit that I hope they are looking for a new instructor. That poor BC class has been stuck in neutral forever. Kudos to you for sticking with it, but it sure sounds like these sub instructors at least try something different.

Thelma, great workout! And great job going up in weight despite feeling tired. I hear you on the sore legs. Cathe has a few rotations that focus on lower body. I'm have done a couple, and they are good. My lower body will always be a trouble zone, but I am okay with that as long as I am doing what I can. I grew up avoiding wearing shorts at all cost, and I am so happy at 50 to have so much more confidence than I did 30 years ago. Living in Florida, I am in shorts 300+ days a year!

Laurie, great workouts. That is another fantastic Blizzard Blast. I would love to do P90X2 with you later this year!! That would hold me accountable to it as well, and I would really like that. I think I would be looking at an October-ish timeframe for starting which does push it up to or over the holidays. Think about that because I know sometimes longer workouts aren't great for the busy holiday season, so I am open to changing that if sometime else would work better for you. And, of course, if you choose not to get P90X2......I am not pressuring you or anything!! :D:p

See you all tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Helped DH last night get all his paperwork in order; was bummed to miss Spinning but it was good to have that done for him :smile: This a.m. was ISO Speed Hammer + Hammer Abs. No workout tonight.

Laurel: Great workout again today! I am sure your legs were feeling it, funny how these H&C workouts sneak up on ya. Sounds like awesome core work you were able to get in as well and of course the "Laurel Shock Cardio Tri-Fecta" way to GO!! It was actually our Insane X class (Katy's class) on Tuesday that we had a sub for. So not a normal thing for her, but luckily it was a good instructor both nights of substitutions :wink: We will see what happens to the Monday night BootCamp class, hopefully a new person and it gets better.

Laurie: Great job on that ICE Pre-mix. I really like that Blizzard Blast on that one, thanks to Laurel for mentioning it. Now its in my notebook as a "go to" quick cardio workout for an add-on. Hope you find your sheet of paper, but if not, knowing all the good changes that have happened are confirmation enough I am sure :smile: I'm with you on being anxious to start BB . . . however I feel like I will try and mix in some H&C here and there if I can. I will miss these workouts :wink:

Thelma: Awesome work with BB Bulk Arms, KCM Cardio Quick Fix. Sounds like you pushed play and were happy about that! Hope those legs loosened up today! I hope so too on the BC instructor. We will see what happens.

Have a great night ladies ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my legs were better today so tonight I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body with abs. I did a mishmosh premix with abs throughout. Really good workout. Today was cardio day and I thought this workout would do it! Good stuff!
    I was looking for electronic copies of the STS workout sheets because I hate the ones Cathe has where you can only list one day per sheet like BB. With BB I found the sheets in excel form. I found some for STS and I hope to be able to modify them so they are of better use to me.

Laurie, great workouts! I like Quick Cardio Fix too. I hadn't done it in a long time. The second workout is definitely higher impact and even though it's not too bad it felt like too much for me on Wednesday night. The BB leg workout gave me 2 days of DOMS because I went heavy on weights. I was doing squats with 15, 18 and 20 lbs 20 is heavy for me.

Laurel, another killer combo! Fabulous job lady! I thought legs could take a second workout. I would like to try one of those lower body rotations one of these days. My lower body has always been a trouble zone for me. With all those killer workouts of yours your legs must be looking pretty good and I'm sure H&C is just giving them a chiseled look!

Tami, great job with the ISO workout! My legs did loosen up today so I hit them again with a Cathe workout.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

I'm so glad it is Friday, and we are suppose to have temps in the 50's this weekend. :D Hopefully I can get the interior of my car vacuumed out, have a lot of salt residue. Of course we are suppose to get more weather next week, but I can't stand seeing that mess in my car. After work yesterday I did Chisel Cardio, and today is my rest day so no workout.

Laurel, Nice workouts, and good that you were able to get those legs loose while doing the H&C workout. I know what exercise you are talking about, and that is very nice that your core is getting so much stronger. I know that mine has, and I was surprised that it was around the 4 week mark of these workouts that I noticed this with the Ab Hammer exercises. You are one crazy lady for doing all those HiiT workouts back to back! :D I really like the idea of doing the P90X2 workouts at that time of the year, and it gives me some time to get Body Beast finished, and hopefully another round of H&C. I would love to get my core even stronger before attempting P90X2. Bye the time October rolls around it will probably be just DH and I around the house, so that should workout fine.

Tami, Glad that you were able to get all that paperwork done! Great job on the workout and abs! I'm with you on incorporating these H&C workout with Body Beast. I'm looking over the workouts and I know that I can at least use a lot of the Chisel workouts, and when they suggest using the Total Body workout instead of the cardio, I just might put the BB Total Body or one of H&C. They are very good for the core and lower body for me.

Thelma, Great job on the workout, sounds like another good one and of course keeping with the workout of the week. :D I too really like having an excel sheet instead of the ones from the workout manager. You can see at a glance how you have progressed with the weights over the weeks. When I first tried the Quick Fix workout 2, I was surprised with how tough it was. I really liked it, but usually Kelly doesn't torture you like that. I was looking at the worksheets for BB yesterday, and it really looks like the legs are hit good with those weights. I will probably go lighter the first time around, and then increase if I can for the next workout when I know what my legs can handle.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today started with Total Body Hammer which just flies by for me. I added on Muscle Meltdown Shoulders at the end. I really have enjoyed adding these Muscle Meltdowns to my H&C workouts this week. Then, for cardio, I pulled out a workout I haven't done in a few years. Don't know what compelled me, but I popped Insanity Asylum Game Day in the player......and thoroughly loved it!! I guess I just needed a little Shaun T. today. <3 What a great way to finish the week of workouts.

Tami, I bet it is a relief to have the taxes done. We finally got ours done a couple of weeks ago, and it is always done with a sigh of relief.

Thelma, great workout. I love that Chiseled Lower Body workout. I was looking through the ICE premixes the other day, and Cathe really did a fantastic job with them. There is so much variety. I was surprised to see she even has the option on most of the workouts to do it twice!! Those are some long premixes!!!! Maybe some day I will give one a try. :p

Laurie, hope you enjoy that warm weekend! This time of year, they always come as welcome relief. I will plan on October for P90X2!! I am already looking forward to it! If you are going to mix BB and H&C, I do think you are better off focusing on the Chisel workouts. Since they are more endurance based and focus more on legs, core, cardio, I think they would be a better complement to all the heavy work in BB. I know I felt when doing BB that my upper body wouldn't appreciate much more abuse so I really shied away from doing anything else with weights, but towards the middle/end of the program, I did start doing cardio with weights, and it was good.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Started out my day with Cardio Chisel and I truly love this one. Cardio that isn't exactly cardio but your HR gets up there due to her moves, love that! Tonight we have some friends of DH's coming over for dinner and staying the night, this is a couple that he has known forever and always stays at there house when he goes down south to fish during the winter. So I will have to miss Spinning again, but it will be nice to spend time with them and after they leave in the a.m. I will hit my nice Saturday workout(s) combo so that will feel great!

Laurel: AMAZING job as always! It's funny how these H&C workouts fly by, granted they are not long but everything about the workouts make the time just go by so quickly! I think Total Body Hammer is one that I will be doing tomorrow. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about all your great combos this week. Nicely done. Yes, so nice to get those taxes done. He is always very GRUMPY :neutral: while he is doing them so it isn't fun and just feels stressful around the house until its done. He left this a.m. to go meet the accountant so thumbs up for that. Hopefully this weekend he can relax a little bit and enjoy some down time.

Laurie: Wonderful weather! We have had beautiful weather this week; being sunny and in the low 50's as well. Tomorrow is supposed to be a little cloudy/rain and Sunday too but I am hoping to get my hair done on Sunday along with a lunch date with my BFF, so that is ok if it rains. LOL Great workout getting in Chisel Cardio yesterday after work . . . love that one! Can't wait to hear about your start up next week with BB. I will be right behind you when I start up but it's nice having all of you ladies here and the comments/suggestions/etc. ahead of time. I would like to start writing down some combos along with the workouts; taking Laurel's suggesting on using Chisel workouts, I think that will be a nice compliment to the BB program.

Thelma: I'm glad you were able to find the STS sheets that you prefer. I had taken the time to fill in each and every sheet when I first started STS; then updated and re-printed the next time. Since then each time I do the program I have them all in a notebook. Took some time, but I love having them. Great job with ICE Lower Body Chisel, I need to try that one . . . ive only done the BB on that workout and loved it!

Hope you all have an amazing weekend! :smile:

Tami