bump - wanna keep an eye on this one .. :wink:
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    also, this guy Matt Bomer

124200902193571235_jo8tiqDm_c.jpg

Pleeaaaaaseeeeeeeeeee YES!

He could tie me up anytime :bigsmile:

But my pref is Ian!! God that man is HOT!!!
  • loveskinny27
    loveskinny27 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Matt or kellan :-) yummy
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    also, this guy Matt Bomer

124200902193571235_jo8tiqDm_c.jpg

This is what I see, but for some reason I imagine Christians hair to be a dirty blonde.
    As for Ana, I imagine someone like Allison Williams

girls-allison-williams-1.jpg
  • quinn84
    quinn84 Posts: 10
    Options
    Ian Somerhalder!!!!

23mrl1y.jpg
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Loosen UP! It's just a book. The nation isn't going to collapse because people are reading a trashy romance novel. I'm a huge book worm. I haven't put down a book since the day I learned to read. I read To Kill A Mockingbird at 10 years old and completely understood it. I love "REAL" literature. I love books that make me think! However, I can also appreciate the pure entertainment value of smut books like 50 shades of Grey. I've read the entire trilogy and although the books are poorly written, I thoroughly enjoyed them for the trashy romance novels they are. Women don't read these books to be intellectually stimulated. They read them to be stimulated in other areas lol. Women like the shock value and like to imagine that they are in Ana's shoes. A book doesn't have to be perfect to be entertaining. No one is forcing you to read it and there is no need to criticize those who choose to do so. I see 50 Shades of Grey just like I see The Jersey Shore. It's completely trashy and not much of substance happens but it's also entertaining and I can't look away! haha

Okay...now that my rant is over...

I wasn't a fan of Ryan Gosling being Christian Grey until I saw Crazy, Stupid, Love. He plays a rich bachelor that accidentally falls in love with an innocent, clumsy girl that he tried to hook up with. Sound familiar? lol Another person I've thought about was Cam Gigandet.

cam.jpg
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    the *ONLY* reason I discount Ryan Gosling from this role is because of his looks. He doesn't fit the description. A man with a strong jawline and a killer smile needs this role, it is mentioned too much in the book.

Loving pretty much all of the suggestions.

And if Matt Bomer is gay, then he's a no.

Now my mind is wondering who Ana could be...someone said Natalie Portman. Not sure about that one. Someone said Please God not Kristin Stewart. I agree...not a fan.
  • quinn84
    quinn84 Posts: 10
    Options
    the *ONLY* reason I discount Ryan Gosling from this role is because of his looks. He doesn't fit the description. A man with a strong jawline and a killer smile needs this role, it is mentioned too much in the book.

Now my mind is wondering who Ana could be...someone said Natalie Portman. Not sure about that one. Someone said Please God not Kristin Stewart. I agree...not a fan.

What about Rachel McAdams??

t0nfya.jpg
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I have recently started reading the "50 Shades" trilogy, almost done with the first book.

I have also recently read that there's talk of Ryan Gosling playing Christian Grey (the lead in the book; handsome, rich entrepreneur with the mercurial moods and masterful sexual skills) ...I see it as all wrong. He is too boyish and doesn't have any of the features of Christian that I picture in my own mind.

I love Kellan Lutz aka Emmett Cullen in the Twilight movies (which I didn't even know til I googled what he's been in) He has the bad boy look but the megawatt smile too....

Kelan-Lutz-kellan-lutz-1276370-261-368.jpg

kellan-edward.gif

Maybe no one can live up to what we see in our imaginations, but I am asking those who have read the book to weigh in, who do you think should get the part??

Now that I have seen these pics - he would do LOL
    Question is can he act? the rest of the Twighlight cast can't!

Like the author of Twighlight the author of 50 shades cant write for *kitten* so it seems fitting that both movies should have horrible acting,why ruin the streak?
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options

What about Rachel McAdams??

t0nfya.jpg

Agree about Rachel McAdams.

As soon as I hear they were making it a movie, I thought Sam Worthington would be ideal. From Avatar...... I can't post pictures though. :( He's HOT.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I read "50 Shades of Grey" and thought it was fabulous. I haven't laughed so much in ages....

Annnnnnyway, for Ana, I think Maggie Gyllenhall would still take some beating (badum tish). She was amazing in "Secretary"

MaggieGyllenhaal_100405.jpg
  • OrganicPopcorn
    Options
    I read that Ian Somerhalder is going to play Christian Grey?
  • boernera
    boernera Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just finished book 3, and going to go see Magic Mike this weekend will have to go with Matt Bomer for now though!
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Fact: Fifty Shades of Gray, which is nothing more than poorly written Twilight fan-fiction, has sold more copies than Ray Bradbury sold of all of his books, ever. I don't want to hate, but ladies, beat the stereotype. Read a real book.

I'm sorry, I just couldn't restrain myself. Bad self.

Don't think 50 shades ever claimed to be anything but pulp fiction? Women arent buying it for it's literary prowess - it's escapism. It does what it says on the tin. The literary equivalent to eating at McDonalds. It might not be quality but it is short term gratification!

Great way of describing it!! lol

Its poorly written, the grammer/speeling is awful but bloody hell she's good at using adjectives! lol Its easy to picture as your reading it. I LOVED the books, parts did remind me of twilight (which i also love) i like reading stuff like this, it takes away all the crap from the accounting world i have to deal 9-5 and more!

I sincerely hope Kristen Stewart is not cast as Ana, im thinking more Rory from Gilmore Girls!

And MATT BOMER!!!!! He's HAWWWWTTTTTT!!

x
  • boernera
    boernera Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Loving all these pics!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Another person I've thought about was Cam Gigandet.

cam.jpg

Love this too!!

And Ana is supposed to be 21, so to me Rachel McAdams is too old. :( Although I do love her.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    In my mind I picture Christian Grey as either Chris Hemsworth, Ian Somerhalder or Matt Bomer. They are all damn sexy without being 'obvious' that they're into BDSM. I feel Cam Gigandet looks like he would be into BDSM.

I can't see Rachel McAdams, Natalie Portman or Maggie Gyllenhaal as Ana Steele, they all seem too old. I would probably pick someone like Lucy Hale (from Pretty Little Liars) or Felicity Jones (she was in Chalet Girl with Ed Westwick from Gossip Girl).

I picture Teresa Palmer as Kate, Michelle Pfeiffer as Elena, Mark Harmon as Carrick Grey, Julianna Margulies as Grace Trevelyan-Grey, Alex Pettyfer as Elliott Grey. I'm still trying to put a face for Mia, Jose and Ethan.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Michelle Pfeifer as elena for sure!!
  • Dollface_Mama
    Options
    Michelle Pfeifer as elena for sure!!

Ahhh totally agree!!!!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Felicity Jones (she was in Chalet Girl with Ed Westwick from Gossip Girl).

I've never heard of her but I googled her and I can completely see it.