has anyone herd of omni drops?

Options

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    The Omni Drops diet is the same thing as the HCG diet scam that the FDA is trying to get off the market because it's a fraud. If you try it, you will starve and waste your money.

http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consumerupdates/ucm281333.htm

tumblr_mdt6hzjjll1qzq3lr.gif

Great resurrection of a 6 month old thread.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Don't take the drops drink pregnant lady pee instead at exactly midnight.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    The Omni Drops diet is the same thing as the HCG diet scam that the FDA is trying to get off the market because it's a fraud. If you try it, you will starve and waste your money.

http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consumerupdates/ucm281333.htm

tumblr_mdt6hzjjll1qzq3lr.gif

Complete with Bobby_Clerici comment! :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Dang it! I can't believe how often I miss that.
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    All that stuff is bogus. There are no magic pills. Hard work, hard work, hard work- is all there is.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    It's a bad idea. Please don't do it. You will waste your money and any weight you lose is likely to come back again when you start eating more normally.

Take your time losing weight. This isn't a race.
    Read this again. Then say it out loud. Then read again.

After that, translate this post into Spanish. Work on your Spanish. It could be useful.

Then read the above quote again in either Spanish or English.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    No :angry:
  • dragonhart92
    Options
    when ur done with the program. there is life time maintenance where you stop taking the drops increase calories intake to 1,400 to 2,000 depending your body type and continue to eat healthy. people put weight back on because they chose to go back to there bad eating habits. i have met people who keep of the weight for a yr. Its not a scam.
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Still looks like a scam to me. Any product can produce a bunch of "studies" and say it's all natural. They can describe how it works, but that doesn't make it any healthier for your body.
  • louweightplan
    Options
    I THINK UNTIL SOMEONE TRIES SOMETHING, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BASH IT!!
    I did Omni Drops a year ago MOTHER'S DAY and have kept ALL THE WEIGHT OFF - PLUS. My original goal was only 21lbs of which I lost doing drops and then with some of their other products went on to lose 10 more lbs. I've basically kept off 25lbs because the 30 was honestly too much loss for me... I am a comfortable 120lbs.
    Besides the drops (the drops pull stored fat to give you the equivelent of a couple thousand calories of food ea day, THEREFORE YOU ARE NOT IN STARVATION MODE) you are also following a diet plan not comprised of a certain amount of calories but rather just a certain amount of food. THE MAIN PART of the diet plan, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS, is to discontinue SUGARS, STARCHES & BAD FAT. Therefore TEACHING YOU HOW TO EAT RIGHT. Teaching you how to eat right so that you have success in keeping the weight off. LIKE I HAVE SUCESSFULLY DONE!!
    Dr. Simeon's protocol has been around for over 50yrs and has great results. IF YOU ARE THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT IS GOING TO GO BACK TO EATING ALL THE CRAP THAT MADE YOU FAT IN THE FIRST PLACE - YOU WILL GAIN YOUR WEIGHT BACK ON THIS PROGRAM AS WELL AS ANY ANY ANY PROGRAM YOU TRY.
    Eat right, excercise and drink more water... YES this works as well, but why not drop those unwanted lbs QUICKER and then concentrate on being healthy from that point on!?
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I THINK UNTIL SOMEONE TRIES SOMETHING, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BASH IT!!
    I did Omni Drops a year ago MOTHER'S DAY and have kept ALL THE WEIGHT OFF - PLUS. My original goal was only 21lbs of which I lost doing drops and then with some of their other products went on to lose 10 more lbs. I've basically kept off 25lbs because the 30 was honestly too much loss for me... I am a comfortable 120lbs.
    Besides the drops (the drops pull stored fat to give you the equivelent of a couple thousand calories of food ea day, THEREFORE YOU ARE NOT IN STARVATION MODE) you are also following a diet plan not comprised of a certain amount of calories but rather just a certain amount of food. THE MAIN PART of the diet plan, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS, is to discontinue SUGARS, STARCHES & BAD FAT. Therefore TEACHING YOU HOW TO EAT RIGHT. Teaching you how to eat right so that you have success in keeping the weight off. LIKE I HAVE SUCESSFULLY DONE!!
    Dr. Simeon's protocol has been around for over 50yrs and has great results. IF YOU ARE THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT IS GOING TO GO BACK TO EATING ALL THE CRAP THAT MADE YOU FAT IN THE FIRST PLACE - YOU WILL GAIN YOUR WEIGHT BACK ON THIS PROGRAM AS WELL AS ANY ANY ANY PROGRAM YOU TRY.
    Eat right, excercise and drink more water... YES this works as well, but why not drop those unwanted lbs QUICKER and then concentrate on being healthy from that point on!?
    What a load of horse hockey.
    You lost weight (if you did) because you were in a calorie deficit.
    You would do well to learn what a post hoc logical fallacy is.
  • Flora_k
    Flora_k Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I did this diet so I'd like to comment (and bash it!). This diet gave me heart problems. I have been off the diet two months now and am still seeing doctors. Avoid Omnitrition. It is a scam. They are so lovey dovey while you are buying from them. The distributors there are like your best friends. Once you start having problems and stop relying on their medical advice, you lose those best friends quickly. They refuse to believe that your side effects have anything to do with that oh-so-safe diet. Honestly, I felt like they elevated this diet to Messiah status. It is the 'perfect' diet and if you are having problems with it then clearly there is something wrong with you but never 'the diet'! Although I do hear that this attitude is likely due to the fact that this is a MLM scheme and less due to the diet. They are making money off you and they need you to sell so they can do better themselves. The whole thing is desperate and crazy.

And the weight that you lose eating only 500 calories a day? It comes back and it comes back quickly. That's what happens when you starve your body.

And Dr. Simeons protocol really hasn't been around 50 years. It is around, gets debunked and disappears until somebody new can resurrect it and make money off it. It has been debunked so many times. The Omnitrition version of this is pretty bogus too since they are not allowed to use real hCG in their drops. The measurements that you see on the bottle mean that there is maybe one drop of synthetic hCG for every ten buckets of water. Since you are getting a teeny, tiny uber-expensive bottle, that means you really are getting nothing more than purified water.

Love when you see new users with only one post hawking this program. They are just hoping you'll contact them so they can make money off you too! Bet you anything the poster defending this also sells it.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    your not allowed to eat certain things like bread and junk food and soda and you cant exercise.

The weight loos your family saw is likely from the fact that they cut out junk food and soda. That with the loss of muscle from so little calories and no exercise.. If your overall goal is just to look thinner by all means do what you feel is best for you BUT if you are looking for overall health I would fallow a diet that is providing you the proper nutrients for your body and lifestyle, one that includes some exercise. You don't have to make huge changes or drastic ones to see results.. all it takes is a little knowledge and know how and you can meet your goals in a healthy way. One that can become a lifestyle that is manageable and healthy. Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • stephaniehenningsen
    Options
    Does anyone on here know how to spell? It's HEARD people - not HERD!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Does anyone on here know how to spell? It's HEARD people - not HERD!

Strong first post after being on MFP almost a year. Strong.

And not to be pedantic (because nobody likes a pedant), but it's a homonym issue more than spelling...

:flowerforyou:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Wow, nearly a year old and this thread has been resurrected twice! :huh:

And Omni-drops are still a bad idea. :tongue:
  • Flora_k
    Options
    Fortunately, many of us speak fluent Typoese and had no problem with the spelling of 'herd'. Pick and choose your battles.

The bigger battle is the danger of the hCG Diet. Keep your eye on the ball here :)
  • Amyirene74
    Amyirene74 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the HCG drops. I lost 26 lbs on them but then gained back almost 50. Don't try it. Once you start eating more than 500 calories, you gain very quickly.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Sounds like the HCG drops. I lost 26 lbs on them but then gained back almost 50. Don't try it. Once you start eating more than 500 calories, you gain very quickly.

I don't think it really matters what is in the drops...when you eat 500 calories for a long enough time, you're very likely to have a difficult transition back to eating a sustainable amount of calories.
  • Flora_k
    Options
    Yes, I noticed once I stopped the hCG drops (Omni Drops), I gained so quickly. Even eating at my basil metabolic rate had me gaining which the doctor said was happening because this is a starvation diet. My metabolism has been so messed up and it has been more than two months since I stopped the diet.

So many people have shared with me how much fatter they got after the hCG diet. Only one person that I know of kept the weight off and she had to start training for half marathons to do so. She should have just started training and skipped this dangerous diet.

The drops themselves are bogus. There's no real hCG in them. It would be illegal for them to sell drops with hCG so that is why they give those strange measurements on the bottle. In pharmoceutical speak, it means 'no hCG'.
This discussion has been closed.