Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Tuesday Goals!

Here is my weekly update of the goals set for this month! :)

hfgao04esd17.png

The healthy new recipe that I tried this week ... shrimp cauliflower fried rice ... delicious!!

@Nikion901 congrats for your walk!! Its not even that cold here or snowing and I am thinking if I should go out or not!

@b_lisieux keep warm!! And I am like you, I prefer cold weather than hot ... I lived for 6 years in a tropical island with high heat / humidity and I didn't enjoy that part at all ... always got everywhere all sweaty .. ewww :s

@reneeileen welcome back and good luck with you weight loss journey! I am sure you are already aware, but this group provides great support. I am not following Keto strictly, but I do use some of their recipes ... today I did those like bread rolls with almond flour ... delish!

Yesterday I was a bit lazy with my workout and today I don't know why I was so hungry ... so need to step it up!

Have a great Tuesday! B)
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    @reneeileen Welcome! This IS a great group. You will get all the support and motivation you need. Glad to have you here.

@happygirlxxx Love your goals and look at all of those green check marks for week 1! Good job. You had an awesome week!

Tuesday Goal
    My goal is to drink more water. I tend to drink way less than I should. I need to improve on that.

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday. I'm just staying warm in the house today. It feels like -15 outside today with the wind chill. :neutral:
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    edited January 2018
    Hey guys, I've been on MFP for quite a while on and off. I recommitted my self back in Sept and have been going pretty strong since then. I had a bit of a hiccup through the holidays but I'm back at it and looking for an active group to participate with. You guys seem like you have a great support system and I'm hoping I can be a part of it.

Tuesdays Goal
    Limit caffeine intake. Its been cold here so I have a habit of drinking more tea, but I should go for the decaf.
  • b_lisieux
    @EmergencyGraphics Welcome to the group! This is indeed an active group. I hear you about being so cold. It's bitter cold where I live too. Coffee does help, but I only have max 2 cups a day if it's caffeinated. Normally I only have one cup in the morning but lately, with it being so cold, I've had a few days with a second cup. Anything over that, then it's decaf.
  • ckozl81
    ckozl81 Posts: 59 Member
    I'm a little behind but here is my update:) Birthday wrk was worse than the holidays for me. We ate out almost every night. Oops back on track and kicking butt.

Name: Carol
    Height: 5' 9"
    Highest weight: 364

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018) 339
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 329

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 336.1
    Jan 12: 342.2 (it was birthday week)
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: +6.1
    Weight -/+ this challenge: +3.2

Total weight lost: 25
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Tuesday Goals ... Well, I made myself a challenge in a group I'm in to do a deep-clean of kitchen and dining room this week ... and here it is, day 2 and all I've accomplished thus far is keeping up with dishes! ... However, I have been 'busy' cooking! ...

Sunday I created a dense hi-energy cake and portioned it into 2-3 bite pieces weighing anywhere from 1.1 - 1.65 ounces that I wrapped in waxed paper and boxed. The larger share went into the freezer and the smaller box is in the fridge. Ate too much of it the day I cooked it but so far have only eyed the box in the fridge! Hoping to make those energy cake bites last me until Valentines Day as small treats.

Yesterday I created a casserole that was meant to satisfy my craving for lasagna. I put a serving of cheese ravioli in a small casserole dish, topped them with 2 ounces of drained beef crumbles (keep some homemake ones in the freezer), added a cup of broccoli florets, a small can of diced chili peppers, 1/2 cup of mushroom pasta sauce ... Ragu :) ... another 1/2 cup of water, and a couple of slices of mozzarella cheese ... OMG it was delish!!

Today I made a fast soup for myself ... it started out as a small pot but ended up with several cups ... one of my favorites ... a cabbage soup. ... 1.5 cups water and 1.5 cups chicken broth into a sauce pot, cut in 3 ounces of potato in a small dice, add 9 ounces of shredded green cabbage, and when the cabbage was about half way cooked to the tenderness I like, I added a small can of crushed tomatoes plus some water to rinse the can, spices and herbs, and 1 small can of dark red kidney beans (drained and rinsed) . The recipe made 36 ounces of finished soup ... and my WW measuring spoon ladle (1-cup size). It tasted a bit sweet to me, so I added a couple of T of apple cider vinegar to brighten it up. ... 2 of them weighed out at 10.3 ounces ... The rest will be eaten in a couple of more days.

@ckozl81 ... happy belated birthday. Done with that for another year! Mine is coming up in about in a couple of months ... and I so, so, so want to weigh in more than 10 pounds less than I did on my last birthday.

@EmergencyGraphics , @reneeileen , @reshieroo , WELCOME ... come back often! Use this thread, and MyFittnessPal (MFP) to your advantage! ... We all walk this path alone, but together!

@b_lisieux and @happygirlxxx ... your posts always spur me on!

Don't know if I'll be back before Friday to report this weeks weight ... kinda depends on if the cleaning-bug or the PC-bug get to me ... hee-hee-hee :wink:

• KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Struggling today. Had an appointment an hour away and then got caught in traffic. Had fast food twice and double my calorie goal.
    On the plus side, I went to Tai Chi yesterday and tonight I went to the gym and worked out on the bike. Tomorrow plan to work out for an hour though there are severe cold warnings out. Hopefully there will not be ice on the roads.

Nikion: I salute you for going out in the cold. We've had a cold snap and though yesterday was sunny and warmer,
    I didn't venture out because I am still dealing with the bronchitis.

cioz81 Happy Birthday

Reneeeileen - Welcome back

HappyGirl I like your written goals. Great idea

"Katrena

• happygirlxxx
    Wednesday Wishes!

I hope, I wish my haircut today goes well!! About 3 months ago I went to a salon to get a haircut and colored .. they did a balayage and I think they sort of burn my hair a bit, so now I need to get it cut even shorter ... I might need like a pixie cut :o I never had such short hair I think, so I wonder how would I look ... at least if its terrible it will grow again :#

@b_lisieux I am with you with drinking more water ... I just think is absolutely ridiculous that I need to be counting to make sure I am drinking water!!

@EmergencyGraphics welcome to the community! I love coffee ... not sure, I could have it as a goal to limit it to 2 cups a day; so good for you!

For those that need some warm beverages due to the cold weather ... I found 3 new tea brands that I love, so I am drinking more tea and maybe you can find them as well to help you with the cold, reducing coffee and increasing hydration .... Pukka, Clipper and YogiTea and they have amazing flavors ... I love fruity tea and they are delicious!

@Nikion901 well done with all the cooking! Now I want soup too; so that will be tonights dinner!

@KATRENAJ Yes you had some fast food, but you are working out ... so moving forward! Maybe next time have some snacks with you (ie, nuts, carrots, celery, etc) just in case.

@ckozl81 Happy Birthday!! Hope you had an awesome week and now you are back to kicking butt and will do amazing!

OK, time to get to the salon!! ;) Have an awesome Wednesday!!
  • b_lisieux
    @happygirlxxx I hope your hair turned out how you like it. :)

@Nikion901 You have been one busy cook! It all sounds wonderfully delicious. I've seen lasagna recipes made with ravioli. Saves a lot of time and makes it easier. Just think of all the calories you'll burn as you clean. :wink: It's a win win....clean house, burned calories. :smile:

@KatrenaJ Sure, you had some fast food but some days are just like that. We move on, keep logging and keep moving. You've got this!

@ckozl81 Happy birthday!

Happy Wednesday everyone! I think the weatherman's forecast was wrong for today so far.....0% chance of precipitation, yet I see snow falling out my window! Hmmmm.

• tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Hi everyone. I logged food today the first time in way too long. I decided to sneak a peek at how everyone's doing. I see a number of newbies.. and some returning... I wish you all a great day!
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Thanks for all the welcomes!

@happygirlxxx thanks for the tea suggestions. I'll be on the look out for them the next time I go shopping.
    Do you have a recipe you could share for the shrimp cauliflower fried rice? It sounds delicious.

@Nikion901 what type of spices and herbs did you use in your soup?

@tdunnegan Congrats on getting back on track with logging food.

@KATRENAJ You might have had an off day with your eating but it sounds like you did a great job of balancing it with the workouts.

• happygirlxxx
    Thursday Truth!

Well I was lucky, they didn't need to chop so much hair to fix it; it is still short but not that bad ... and I think I look exactly the same, just with healthier hair and no burnt yellow ... I am back to brunette which is actually my natural color.

@EmergencyGraphics I didn't follow a recipe per se, but this is sort of what I did for 4 servings:

Ingredients
    • 420gr. Cauliflower (about half cauliflower)
    • 73gr. Carrots (chopped small)
    • 120gr. Mushrooms (chopped small, like in 8)
    • 0.5 cup Green Onions (chopped tops only)
    • 65gr. White Onion (chopped small)
    • 1 tbsp Garlic (chopped)
    • 10gr. Sesame Seeds (toasted a bit)
    • 3 tbsp Soy sauce
    • 1 large Egg (you make like an omelette and then chop it)
    • 3 tbsp Olive Oil
    • 300gr. Shrimps

Method
    1. Sautéed onion and garlic; added pepper, salt. Then added the carrots, mushrooms and green onions. When it looked cooked, put to the side.
    2. In another pan sautéed the cauliflower until it was a little bit "crispy" (some browns).
    3. Make the omelet and mix it with the veggies.
    4. Sautéed the shrimps and mix with veggies.
    5. Mix all with cauliflower; add soy sauce and sesame seeds.
    6. Enjoy!

Instead of olive oil you can use sesame oil to make it more "oriental" but I didn't have, so that is why I added the sesame seeds.

I am sure online there are several recipes, but I just went with my intuition :D so far no one has complained ;)

Have a good Thursday!
  • Nikion901
    Thursday Truth - I'm still playing simple games, watching YouTube, and generally entertaining myself instead of doing the deep clean on my house that I promise myself each day I will do ... One thing I have gotten better at is I AM getting dressed and making my bed right away instead of after I go online with my cup of coffee at my desk. ... What got me into this bad habit is ... yep, MFP ...!!! >:):* ok, and my general laziness. :D

It's snowing here again today. We had a lot of snow yesterday, but should get half that amount today ... this time it's not supposed to stop until evening but if it keeps up at this rate I'll need to shovel before the kids get out of school so I can have my sidewalk cleared for them to pass on.

@EmergencyGraphics ... For a soup, you can use your favorite seasonings and spices, fresh or dried. For this soup, I used some freshly ground black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, a little poultry seasoning and a bit of chili pepper flakes ... but it really depends on what spices you prefer the taste of.

@happygirlxxx ... nice cauliflower recipe.

Here is a recipe I saw on YouTube yesterday that is 'clean' ...

Chicken and Greens Salad with Avocado

... 300 grams chicken breast fillets, boneless and skinless (cut a whole chicken breast in half lengthwise through the middle to make thinner cutlets)
    ... 2 Tablespoon vegetable oil (for frying)
    ... 1 each, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper .. cut into thin (up to about 1/2" or 1 centimeter strips)
    ... 1 onion, roughly chopped into dice
    ... dried rosemary, ground black pepper
    ... Spring mix salad greens
    ... 1 medium avocado, peeled, halved and cut into strips

Dressing
    ... juice of 1/2 lemon
    ... olive oil
    ... fresh ground black pepper
    ... 1 teaspoon paprika
    ... pinch of salt

Heat a non-stick skillet and then heat the vegetable oil in it. Lay the chicken cutlets in and lightly brown on both sides to make the flesh turn white, then continue cooking to brown the chicken on both sides. After the chicken has turned opaque, move them over to one side of the skillet and add the cut up peppers to the other side. When the chicken has browned on one side, turn it over to brown the other side, and at that time add the chopped onion to the peppers. Toss the onions and peppers together and continue cooking until the chicken has browned and become thoroughly cooked through, and the onions have softened. Do NOT over cook ... you don't want the peppers to become mushy, they should retain an al-dente bite. You can season the chicken with a sprinkling of dried rosemary as it cooks. Once done, turn off the heat and sprinkle on some pepper.

Wash and dry the mixed greens, place them into a bowl. When the chicken is done, cut the cutlets across the narrow width into 1/2-3/4" (1 to 1.5 centimeter) slices) ... that is, across the grain. Lay the chicken across the top of the salad greens. Top with the fried peppers and onions. Toss everything lightly. Add the sliced avocado. Make a simple dressing out of the lemon juice and olive oil, spiced with black pepper, paprika and salt, and drizzle it on.

Toss lightly and serve. Feeds 3 to 4 people. Good with a side of grain such as buckwheat, quinoa, barley, lentils ... etc.

• b_lisieux
    Not doing too well today....I did something to my back and it hurts, I can barely move. All I did was lean into my dryer to get the clothes out! Using ice, an anti-inflammatory drug and not moving much, make that not moving at all unless I need to go to the bathroom. The recipes sounds good from @happygirlxxx and Nikion901. Don't make me hungry when I can barely get to the kitchen. :smile:
  • siouxsie_74
    siouxsie_74 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone! First time posting on a board like this but after scrolling through this looks like such a great group of people! I started out needing to lose 100lbs....2 weeks later I've lost 7 lbs and feeling pretty darn good so far with eating healthy and exercising daily! Yay!
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Happy Thursday everyone!

@happygirlxxx So glad to hear you were happy with your hair cut. It's always great afterwards when your hair feels so healthy!

@Nikion901 You and Ana inspire me to want to cook! I just got an Instant Pot and have been perusing the recipes. I think I will try a butternut squash ginger soup. I made rice with the Instant Pot and it was perfect. It's fun to try new kitchen gadgets!

So I noticed that since I had to high calorie days last weekend... I am stuck in a dang plateau. I am interested in seeing if I show any loss tomorrow on our report in day, but for now... it seems that I am stuck. I am still immobile from my foot surgery so I have to be extra careful about my calorie intake. Can't wait until I can burn more calories with exercise!

Onward to tomorrow!
  • cjbrummet
    cjbrummet Posts: 66 Member
    Hello Everyone,

I haven't been on in awhile. I used to go on here and post when I worked nights, when I had down time. Now that I am on days I haven't had a chance at work and when I am home I find I billion other things that need doing that keep me away from the computer. But I miss posting here so I thought I would come back.

I left my night shift job (of 20 years) to work day shift at the Cath Lab. I was a little worried about working 5 eight hour days a week instead of the 3 twelves I did before but I didn't take long to quit being a night owl. I do miss having my days off during the week though. I loved having the house to myself. I love the Cath lab! I always thought about going and just put it off. It is so different from the ICU and I love it. I fell like I fixing things instead of treating things if that makes any sense.

I was worried about my diet and eating more junk food during the day. I started days 15 months ago and only gained about 3 pounds, but that is without working out. How do you dayshifters find time to work out? I get off work and after driving in rush hour traffic for an hour the last thing I want to do is work out. Maybe if I didn't work so far away it would be easier. I did find a gym not to far from work and tried going there straight after work but I found it hard to drive home after the work out. I will just have to force myself to drive past my house and go to the gym near there so I can get a work out done.

I came back to MFP because of my health. I just got diagnosed with Diabetes and it has caused me to make so drastic changes in my diet. I am back on my low carb, high protein diet, but it can't be too high in proteins because I don't want to end up in DKA (Diabetic Keto-Acidosis). So I need to really pay attention to what I eat and how much. I started the diet on Dec 15 and I have already lost 14 pounds. So I think it is a great start. I gave up all sweets and all sodas, even diet sodas.

The true test of my will power is now. It is Girl Scout cookie season and I am a sucker for those overpriced cookies (especially the smores). One of my coworker sells them and so there is always a box on the counter to share and I have to pass it at least every hour. Today was my first day and I am proud to say that I was successful and did not eat any. I know what they say I could have one but for me one cookie would turn to the whole box before I know it.

Well anyway thanks for reading. I am going to read back a few pages to try and catch up on things going on here.
  • Nikion901
    Hi @cjbrummet ... I remember you! It's great to read your update about yourself.
    Great going maintaining your weight!
    Sorry to hear that you are now diagnosed with Type 2. As you might recall, I am one also.
    Also glad your new eating program has helped you shed some weight ... and to say, yes, please do be careful of very high protein ... you do know, I'm sure, that too much protein is just as bad as too many carbs because excess protein converts to glucose just like carbs do.
    You'll need to experiment for your own metabolism to find the 'happy medium' on those macros.

For myself, I find that if I keep my carbs at about 45 per meal or less, and have just the recommended 20% of calories in protein that I do great on my A1c's. My morning fasting blood sugar readings are always higher than I like, but I have that 'dawn' thing where my liver is still pumping out too much glucose during the night, and being insulin resistant it just sits there until I get up and moving about. As long as my A1c is good, the doc doesn't want me changing any meds ... I'm still just on metformin. Also .... it takes a while for your blood sugars to come down ... I went from a high of 7.3 in 2013 to 5.8 at my last reading in September. Right now, I'm eagerly awaiting the results from blood work I had done a couple of days ago so I can see how I've done the last few months.

@raindogmaa ... I have an InstantPot as well ... but, alas, mine is still in it's box. I took it out once and found I couldn't plug it in to the wall outlet because the cord is too short ... and to make a place for it where it will reach means moving a lot of stuff around to find the spot for it off counter. ... So ... there it waits to be used. I'll be so happy to be able to share InstantPot recipes once I get it up and running!

@siouxsie_74 ... Hello. Welcome to 'the boards' ... hope you can find your way back here and join in.

@b_lisieux ... oh, OUCH! Hope you are feeling better real quick.

@tdunnegan ... glad you popped in ... come on back ... it gets lonely here some times!

@KATRENAJ ... ha,ha, ... actually, getting out the door is the big win-win for me because I've been known not to walk out my front or back door for days on end! ... and then I'm always surprised how much I enjoy it when I do get out. ... So that's why I'm working so hard to get out doors every single day. Shoveled snow by hand for 15 minutes today, and then sat on a bench on my porch until the cold seeped through to my fingers and toes and I had to go in to warm up.

SOOOO ... I only popped on here to finish my food log ... and got sidetracked! Have a good night. Talk to you with weight results on the morrow!
  • happygirlxxx
    The Winter Games

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3”
    Highest weight: 229.6

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 161.4
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018): 153.4

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 155.1
    Jan 12: 154.0
    Jan 19: 152.3
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: - 1.7
    Weight -/+ this challenge: - 9.1
    Total weight lost: - 77.3
  • happygirlxxx
    Hello!!

Well I woke up this morning annoyed and that is really strange for me because I am usually in a good mood. I was upset because yesterday after like 17 days of good eating I binged and of course this morning I was up like 2lbs!!! So even though I still had a loss to report it could have been even bigger.

Anyway I just posted my weight and nothing else and then went to check FB and one of my friends has posted something that changed my mood so here I am again posting :) just wanted to share with you his posting that this journey it ain’t easy but the destination will be amazing!

Have a great Friday!!

lk50le4plp1u.jpeg