Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    @crochetmerlot58 Welcome Barbara!

@Nikion901 Look at the big picture....your total cumulative loss. Wish I could say that number! :wink:

All this talk about smoothies....I never eat breakfast but maybe a low calorie smoothie might be good! If I eat anything at all for breakfast, it's usually just a banana. With milk and/or yogurt, the calories mount up in smoothies. Any ideas on a low calorie one?
  • Silhouette_man
    Silhouette_man Posts: 104 Member
    Hi Everyone, I also need to lose over 100 lbs. Can I join this discussion and post my weight loss numbers? :smile:
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    @buxbert I'm loving the eraser car by the flowers
  • tdunnegan
    My weight friday msrch 23 is 230. Down 2 pounds from last week

Today I ate a bag of haribo bears and then a lindt 70% cacao bar. Combined calories about 750. Stress eating

Endocrinologist ordered more blood work and sent me to hematologist. He's worried. I have diagnosed myself with iron deficiency but now 2 docs dont. Problem with hematologist is their title is oncologist hematologist here in the states. Not very inviting.

Today and Monday two different people came up to me and said I look exhausted. Which is the symptom.

But I've had scares before and it always turns out ok. I'm just hoping this doc agrees with my research.

So I binged today but have otherwise turned to high iron foods like greens and red meat.

Onward ho! Looking forward to two weeks from now at which time I expect to be swallowing iron pills!
  • tdunnegan
    @Jessec80 congrats on the 25 lb loss in3 months. Fantastic!
    @TripleSnake good to hear you're sleeping better. So important.
    @mnwalkingqueen I notice your weight loss!
    @Nikion901 I'm going to check that movie out. Sounds great. Good cast!
    @Birder165 sabatoge...i hear you. A real challenge for me. Seems ever time I approach 200 I put on 20+ lbs. Why oh why...cause I truly can't stand to see myself in the mirror
    @ladylaura777 always banana for me. And lime vanilla almond milk. Could use vannilla yogurt instead of pmain. Do frozen mixed berries. And mixed greens. Spinach is a bitter green. Maybe mixed greens would help? If light on protein add chia or flax seeds
  • buxbert
    buxbert Posts: 244 Member

@buxbert Pot looks nice! What kind is it?[/quote]
    Thanks! It is enamel, the brand is riess. My grandma cooked with those and they became modern again now. I love the colour... it doesn't fit in the cupboard anymore though..

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Sunday Share ... I read what Terry said yesterday about having hit a certain poundage in the past and about always gaining again when nearing a marker weight ... and that happens to me as well. The other day I boasted to my son that I had hit a new low weight and when he asked what it was, I told him and to help give him reference I said .. 'somewhere between your wedding day and when my dad went into the nursing home' ... :)

This mornings weight is up; I gave in to the internal pressure that manifested as phantom hunger I could not resist. Three days of over eating in the past 8 days and I am up 2 pounds. The last time I got to this point was about 5-6 weeks ago ... and it set me back a month of weight loss. Que-Sera-Sera (sp?) ... That's how it goes!

Still, I am on the mend again so I am headed in the direction I want to be going. Plus, I have my target in mind for the next quarter coming up ... and ... I ... will ... do ... it.
  • irie4200
    irie4200 Posts: 37 Member
    Hello. New member. 100lbs to lose
  • irie4200
    Hi guys
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Not so proud of myself today....However, I’m sick of people I know making things all about making sure they can participate even when they can’t. Here was my issue my bday is this week and I have a friend who couldn’t come to my bday dinner....I get that not everyone can come it is Easter weekend. However, this person can’t stand being left out of things, so they propsed dinner tomorrow here comes my mean move ...I lied and said I was busy when I wasn’t for I’m tired of catering to others.
    @tgunnegan - thanks for noticing
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Lots of new people on the thread. Welcome to all of you!!! Check in often. This is a great group for support and motivation.

Had some unexpected dinners out this weekend, and lunch yesterday too but I did the best I could, given the choices. It was an unexpected visit from family and we had the best time. Hoping for a much stricter week for the rest of this week. I am also not going to buy any Easter candy for our house. Chocolate is a huge trigger and weakness so have made that decision. If it's not in the house, I can't eat it. We are going to my niece's for Easter and she is a fabulous cook and baker and I'm sure I will exceed my calories on that day, but at least I won't come home to chocolate candy that will just call my name, no matter where in the house I am. LOL

Have a great Monday everyone!
  • irie4200
    I’m not sure how to send out friend requests but am wanting more friends. Please add me
  • freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    Irie4200!
    I sent you a an invite as a friend! always good to have a friend the more the merrier.

• moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    I sent a friend request also irie4200. Anyone can feel free to add me.

No workouts this week, my back is in full spasm. I have to go to therapy at my chiropractor 3 days a week for weeks. I'll have to really watch my diet.
  • EmergencyGraphics
    EmergencyGraphics Posts: 132 Member
    Does anyone have certain healthy go to's from fast food or convenience stores when they are on the run? I keep picking up unexpected work shifts that I didn't plan for so I get stuck eating in my car from one job to the next. Lately when this happens I've been picking up a sandwich but I'm looking for more suggestions.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    @EmergencyGraphics ... not knowing what kind of food items you conveniences stores offer makes it hard to suggest ... but the closest one to my house offers sandwiches and wraps, fruit, yogurt, small tubs (8oz and 16 oz plastic) with house made foods like goulash, mac n cheese, pasta salads, and 10 oz salads in a variety of choices.

Depending on the fast food joint you select, if you stay away from the deep fried stuff, and away from the sandwiches that use an 8-12 oz roll to make ... you can probably get a salad they would call an 'antipasto' but it would most likely be shredded iceberg lettuce with the kind of cold cuts and vegetables they put on sub sandwiches, plus some shredded mozzarella as is used on pizza ... still, while high in sodium, very filling. They might also offer tacos or wraps instead of the big submarine sandwiches. Very few, if any I have ever seen, offer something like soup but if they did, it probably would be hi sodium.

If you mean places like Wendy's, McDonalds, etc, for fast food ... both offer salads with a bit of protein topping ... usually chicken either grilled or breaded (deep fried) ... the yogurt at McDonalds is pretty good, and I have always liked a small chili from Wendy's.