Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    (@#%(*%&$ I got on the scale today and all the weight I loss last week is back, what the.... I am hoping that it was the high sodium that I ate yesterday ,.....

It probably was, drink lots of water today to flush it out. I bet its gone in a couple of days! I know you said you had to keep your calories below 1200, are you sure that's enough?

Um yeah, I tried eating 1200 for a year and gained 30 pounds, I have an efficiency model body. I didn't start loosing until last week when I ate around 1000. I am tall and have an extra long digestive track, so I probably get more bang for my buck, but I also take supplements to make sure I am getting enough nourishment.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Had a busy day with a little shopping trip with my daughter and granddaughter. I tried to go for my walk tonight without my cane. I hadn't realized how much pressure it was taking off of my knee. I wound up having to cut the walk short. I won't try that again for awhile.
    It sounds like things are going quite well for most of us. Keep on keeping on. That's the only way to succeed.
    Kaye
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Well, my Wednesday wish didn't come true...still feel like crap. Last night, I had to suck it up long enough to have Emma's birthday party. Luckily it was at a place that I didn't have to do too much. No fish cake for this one though...she got 6 fish cupcakes (easy...skittles for scales and a candy eyeball). I did six because that's how many kids were coming...the rest just got frosting. No 30DS for me...just a couch and then bed. At least I was under on my calories (80/20 right???!!) Today, the chills are gone, but still have the head cold.

Thursday Truth --- today started off bad with a terrible phone conference at work. Two people who are my biggest supporters at work are on vacation and it seemed like the rest just ganged up on me. It's one of those that they shouldn't kill the messenger -- I'm just reporting it. Normally that sort of thing doesn't get to me, but I hung up and just cried. My husband actually said "Stand up and let me give you a hug." (he NEVER does that!) and then told me that I sounded very professional on my end of things even when they started in. Maybe between being sick, the birthday party and Jacob being gone, my emotional levels were too high. But on the plus side, today is my Friday!

@ Beth - That will be fun with your brother and your dad! and Yikes! that weather sounds nasty!! Each year my extended family would go to a lake resort. As long as it wasn't thunder and lightening, I'd head to the water. I actually love swimming in the rain.

@Kris -- Veggie meals I have no suggestions for. I'm definitely a meat and potatoes kind of girl so good luck!

@Gorilla -- Awesome job!

@Anna -- Sounds like you had a nice day at the zoo. I'm not much of a zoo person but try to get there 1-2 times a summer since my kids like them. Good exercise though!

@Karen -- how'd you sleep?

@Kaye -- It's amazing how much a cane helps out. My brother had 3 knee surgeries in a short period of time due to an accident and he did the same thing...figure he was walking really well with the one crutch and decided to skip it. He learned his lesson as well. :grumble:
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I want to apologize for dropping off the face of the earth. I was really going through a hard time relationship wise that took a toll on my self-esteem and self-worth. I put my health on hold and basically gave up. I am back and determined to try my hardest to do what I can to get my weight under control. I know that I have a long journey a head of me but I am willing to try again.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Holly
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @Holly totally been there before! (I came home from work to divorce papers a week after my daughter's 1st birthday 5 years ago.) Huge hugs and you can do this!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I want to apologize for dropping off the face of the earth. I was really going through a hard time relationship wise that took a toll on my self-esteem and self-worth. I put my health on hold and basically gave up. I am back and determined to try my hardest to do what I can to get my weight under control. I know that I have a long journey a head of me but I am willing to try again.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Holly

Hi, Holly! Its so good to see you, we've missed you. Glad you're back!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    Options
    Well 2/3 of my "salt weight" is gone this morning but I got really hungry and ate popcorn last night, so I didn't expect to loose all the "salt weight" especially since I went over on sodium again. Thanks for letting me vent yesterday. It was just such a shock... I love this group it is so supportive. I love the way this group commismerates instead of criticize, I think it is a much better way to help people to stay on track. Thanks.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @angelika--glad most of your water weight went bye-bye! I agree that I LOVE that this group doesn't criticize or preach, we just try to support by getting each other to reflect on our decisions. Sometimes we make suggestions or ask questions about what others are doing, but it's always with the hope to help rather than hurt. I just :heart: this group so much!!

@holly--YAY!! I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Thought about posting on your wall, but I saw you hadn't logged in lately. Glad you are back with us!! :flowerforyou:

@tracy--I slept really well, thanks! Gunner must have known I was in no mood for his shenanigans, or I slept so soundly I just didn't hear him. DH left for work before I woke, so I'll have to wait until tonight to see if the latter is the case. Sorry you are still sick--hope it clears up quickly and happy "friday" to you. :flowerforyou:

@susan--Same here! I'm not losing but it's not a plateau b/c I'm doing just enough to maintain. However, I keep telling myself "Hello! You are NOT at maintenance weight yet!" I keep saying I'm going to get back to seriously eating right and logging it all, and I keep making excuses. I hope that once I return from my trip, I can get my head back in the game.

@anna--good job choosing the mini! I went to DQ with a friend last month and ordered a small. Halfway through, I knew a mini would have been perfectly satisfying.

@beth--Thanks for the reminder to take my zinc tablets. I forgot all about them until you reminded me. I think they helped b/c it's 2 days later and my throat no longer feels scratchy. Your weather sounds more like you live here in IL--glad you made it through safely.

Thursday Truth:
    My truth is above in the post to susan--my head's just not in the game and I know it won't be until I return from my trip. I'm okay with that--I will enjoy my trip and then turn it around when I return.

The good news is I have 3 or 4 races planned in the next few months so at least I have some motivation to train and drop some pounds. I'm doing the Rugged Maniac (obstacle 5k) on 8/3; then, just 5 days later I do the Terrapin 5k. Also, I just signed up for Run For Your Lives zombie themed obstacle 5k on 9/21. Some of you might remember that I wanted to do it last summer, but the closest location was over 5 hours away in Indiana. This year, there's one in Byron, IL which is a little over an hour from where I live. It's also just 9 days before my b-day, so I'm trying to get all of my friends to come run it or just spectate and then we can all got out nearby in Rockford and maybe spend the night there. So far 3 of my friends are signed up to run it with me. Finally, there's another 5k in October that I did last year with an MFP friend, so I'm waiting to see if he wants to do that again as well.

Going to walk gunner now. :happy:

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + 30DS DONE + run DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE +30DS DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + run DONE + 30DS NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + 30DS
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + 30DS
    Fri--walk gunner
  • kah68
    Options
    Thursday Truth~I NEVER feel this way, but I'm just not into it today. Another bad day at work plus some family drama that we never have, drives me crazy that my family expects me to drop everything. Just not dealing well with my stresses today. Brought my usual salad for lunch, wasn't feeling it so got a BLT at Subway instead - guess it could have been worse. I've had insomnia this week too so think that is playing a factor in my mood. :frown: Oy vey! Thanks for letting me vent.

@Angelika~That's what we're here for! Glad some of the sodium was gone today.
    @Karen~Looks like a lot of fun races lined up; I've always wanted to do the zombie run. You should get some of your friends to be the zombies! :wink:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth - I think my 12" Saute pan is EVIL! Everything I've cooked in it for the past week has turned out to be absolutely GROSS. I made Lesco today for lunch, a dish from my childhood that I've made a BAZILLION times.... today I bought hot peppers by accident and it was so hot I couldn't get past the second bite.... even two bites and my lips are chapped... I had to pull out a frozen container of Broccoli Leek Soup.

Almost to my ticker weight, SO freaking excited. I hope to be there by end of next week. Then I can actually start logging real losses again!
  • Helenavee42
    Helenavee42 Posts: 175
    Options
    Just a quick Thursday truth: Glad I'm getting my appetite back but I need to start making better choices. I had a great time with John last night. Right now we aren't together but in a way we are. It's complicated so we've decided not to label and not to make things more complicated and just go with the flow. We totally acted like a couple (hugging, kissing, poking fun at each other) and it was nice. I think I can handle things like this.

have a great day.
    Helena
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I have been dog sitting this week and I can not access their computer. I will hopefully be able to catch up tomorrow with everyone.
    Hope everyone is well and that those getting ready for vacation have a great time.

The best thing is that the curriculum writing that I have been doing is over-Happy Dance.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Kind of a grumpy day for me too. I'm hungry and tired and going to bed soon so I can look forward to breakfast - such is life :laugh:

Good going everybody for placing one foot in front of the other for another day -

Welcome back Holly!
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth - or truths :laugh: Love my job, not so sure about my boss, and I'm eating my stress because of it.:huh: I soo hate it when I let people get to me that way! On the plus side, I got a ton done today at work, so it all works out in the end...

@mowmow - have you tried exorcising the saute' pan? maybe it's posessed? :)
    @Kah - *hugs* I know exactly how you feel...
    @Holly - glad you're back, hope things get better for you..
    @Susan - yes, I agree... I swear that 98% of this whole thing is a mental battle! And I'm battling as hard as I can right now -- we're with ya!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @Karen~Looks like a lot of fun races lined up; I've always wanted to do the zombie run. You should get some of your friends to be the zombies! :wink:

I wanted to run in the morning and then be a zombie for the later races, and yes, some of my friends who don't run were planning to be zombies. Sadly, we waited too long to register and the option to be a zombie is sold out. :ohwell: Maybe next year.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    Options
    I fell of the exercise wagon this week. I obviously need to get moving again. My husband is going to be out of town for the last half of the week next week, maybe I will be able to flog myself to get the livingroom carpet shampooed. (That is constructive exercise)
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I'm fighting a migraine this morning - I've vomited twice and now sweating profusely. Miserable. ....hate waking up to this!
  • kah68
    Options
    I'm fighting a migraine this morning - I've vomited twice and now sweating profusely. Miserable. ....hate waking up to this!

I hate that for you, migraines are miserable. I hope it subsides soon.
  • AurraSing23
    Options
    @RobinsEgg Very sorry to hear about your migrain; I suffer from these too, so I can totally sympathsize with your pain. healing thoughts and prayers for you. (yes--I pray, hope it will not offend to say such here)

My Thursday truth--had an HOA meeting @ chick fil a...and got nuggets with buffalo sauce and unsweet tea. Salty tasted good. When I got home, I didn't have enough to keep busy or stay distracted--munched on only salty thing in the house: most of a package of parmagiano reggiano grated cheese (mostly I've cleaned out my weaknesses, so very little in the house to snack on). BUT, I tracked it, I own it--which is a victory.

Re-focusing today. Seven days till my follow-up with doc and a check in on weight.
  • AurraSing23
    Options
    Happy Friday to everyone by the way! And speaking of, what are some good strategy suggestions for not having the weekend got to pieces? Work week provides a much better structure for me and this is my first week since signing up that I've been good and tracked all week--my past MO was to just disappear and not track when my eating went away.

Thanks!