Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Wow! Absent nearly 4 days and missed 42 posts! Had so much going on, my head is spinning plus worked two nearly10 hour days dragging hurt foot around. Ouch. That takes a lot of energy, so no cardio those days. (And, I am getting OLD.)

November All-In Challenge Results:
    24/30 days under or close to daily calorie goal of 1350
    3/30 days minor miscalculations
    2/30 days really poor food choices
    1/30 Free to Eat it ALL day -Thanksgiving- Yay pumpkin pie!
    28/30 days of cardio
    22/30 days 10,000 steps or more
    9/30 days weight training
    Pounds lost: 10.2

December All-In Challenge:
    3/31 days under goal calories
    1/31 days cardio
    1/31 days 10,000 steps (on PAIN days, will settle for 8,000 steps)
    1/31 days weight training
    Days allowed for Free to Eat it All -- 2, Christmas and New Year's Eve
    Hoping to lose 10 more pounds before 2015 but will settle for less :p

Back later. Got to head to Costco for salad fixings for 40 people. Will finish my 10,000 steps there--holding onto cart.

GrammyWhammy=aka "Limpy" Marsha

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    tlh0407 wrote: »

@Niki…have you tried some frozen meals? Maybe buy some paper/plastic plates and make up multiple dishes of whatever you make and then freeze them. Then instead of having to eat it multiple days in a row, you could pull them out of the freezer separate weeks. MountMary commented about sharing…is there a neighbor that you could do an exchange with? Maybe he or she makes 2-3 meals and you make 2-3 meals and then you could swap?

[/list]

Thanks tlh ... you know, I actually bought some lidded plastic containers that are divided into 3 compartments specifically for freezing meals and then reheating them in the microwave ... have not used them yet.

Not to make any excuses ... but to state it realistically, I am the only single person in my immediate neighborhood ... everyone else is a couple or a family ... so, no sharing meals with them, but that is a really good idea.

There are certain foods I do not care the taste of after they have been frozen, even if defrosted in the refrigerator and then reheated. And frozen commercially prepared meals, while tasty and easy, are a no-no because of their sodium content.

So ... what I should really be doing, instead of talking about it ... is get this house organized so that I can be organized in my cooking also, and prep my veggies when I bring them home so they are all ready to go for simple meals that I can put together in short order ... by using my wok, smaller saucepans, etc. I'm just plain lazy, is all.

However, tonight I did make myself a wonderful dinner ... I have a turkey in the fridge that I cooked yesterday and will be carving up to freeze today. So, while I was carving I made myself a little pan gravy and warmed some turkey breast slices in it while I whipped up a 4-minute micro-wave cooked cranberry relish ... and I made open faced turkey sandwich with gravy and a side of that relish. So good ... and no left overs!
    Niki

• lleecc
    lleecc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Turkey soup is my favorite Thanksgiving leftover and it's low in calories too! My December challenge is going well - no carby, salty snacks so far. :D Y'all have a great week...
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Archanajoyce nice to meet you! Congrats on overcoming your fear of drowning and getting into the pool! Hope you keep going for it!

CBlue-Lori – I’ve been wondering where you’ve been, glad you’ve been lurking. I figured with your huge drapery orders you were super busy at work. No problem not being able to post. Take care of the income FIRST!

Kah-Kelley – I had wanted a Kitchenaid stand mixer for so long and Walmart was selling them today for $229 – I would have bought one but they were too heavy for me to lift – I’m still not up to that weight and also under doc’s orders not to lift right now –drat! It was such a good price! I would be struggling to find a place for it however! LOL.
    Ileecc – that’s a good plan – I support you on your decision. Sometimes a month is just too big of an idea. Even a week can be daunting to some people. I can be stymied by one day even, ha ha ha!

Laurie – darn – I admire your time management skills! You do have a lot of stressors in your life so it valuable that you are great at that!

MountMary – Barb – WOOT WOOT – 4 lbs down for November – Lets all raise our hands in sharing the joy for Barbara! How about that! More success – you are doing great – and you have been a big help to a lot of us too! Thanks!

Skinnyjeans – you do great on all that grading. I’m sure its frustrating, much like another chore: washing dishes. You get them done, but there’s another pile needing to be done right after that, and then another and another, and it goes on endlessly. At least you get to peek into the more intelligent minds viewpoints occasionally and get to be surprised and delighted occasionally.
    The amount of meetings you’ve taken on with the Union positions sound hideous though! Way too many – and the negotiations won’t be fun at all. Good luck!!!

LToTravel – so sorry to hear about your fridge – to think a tsunami in Japan is causing your trouble – wow – the world we live in is amazing! Sounds like you had a lovely Thanksgiving! Good for you!

NK-Niki – WOOT WOOT on your 2 lb loss – VERY PROUD OF YOU!! Having a new low weight is wonderful! Something to celebrate! Maybe a new ornament for you? Last year I had an Advent Calendar for a very nice email card website and I really enjoyed opening it each day thru Advent. Quite dreamy!

Grandma Kaye – so more WOOTS WOOTs to pass out! 2.8 lbs down – WONDERFUL!!!! You did marvelous. I wonder if it had anything to do with a change in your exercise level since you were not walking…….I’d have to explore more of the exercise discussion boards to figure that conundrum out! Happy Holidays to you too!

Hansea – Great All-IN challenges for December. I like how your personalized them to your own needs

Jtconst –hmmm – a man in the house for 6 weeks – well, do you have a “HoneyDew” list for him? I’m sure you are so happy to have him home. It must be hard for your and the kids to have him gone for so long. It will be a great Christmas for you all this year. Just sculpt the Challenge to fit your needs.

HealthyStartsH – hello – well, you just joined by posting. You are now officially a member – so now you have to start dropping by and posting something from time to time. You can ask questions or talk about your successes or failures or whatever is on your mind. If you look back thru the last couple of pages you will see a post with a banner of hearts at the top and bottom – it outlines the December Challenge, and you can join in if you wish. The other post tells our Daily topic suggestions if you are not sure what to talk about. Most are ignored except Weds Wish, Thursday Truth, and Sunday Share.

MaryPhipps – I don’t know if I welcomed you before- so hello and welcome. So sorry you had a death to cope with. I’m glad you started cardio today. Now take it slowly, don’t rush yourself. That will give you a better chance at liking it and sticking with it.

Tih – what a hoot – your Minneapolis trip –what fun and how you cut yourself short to prep for Turkey Day – oh sweetie – you’ll never catch up on that lost sleep!

WalkingQueen – seems like you’re on the right track. I once had to do this and as the others have all said, it involves a lot of baby steps, long spaces of time between conversations, and just keeping on trying to connect. If you know her basic personality, that will guide you in communicating to her and let you know how far “in” you can go. I agree with the others, try not to discuss the past, ask to let that just be generalized and swept under the rug. If she doesn’t like the rest of the family and wants to talk about them and run them down and you don’t want to hear that – well you have the right to say “I don’t want to go there, OK? – lets change the subject.” Sorry you got so behind in your homework! That’s your MAIN priority!!!! Wow, and time is getting short, isn’t it? You will succeed. You are a winner!

Flowerbaby – welcome! Yep you’re already a member of this group – I see someone has answered your request to send you a message - hope that helps you. Send me a friend request if you like!

Tom – darn that Temptation – He’s been on my doorbell every evening for a heck of a long time!

AFM: AWFUL, HORRIBLE,, TERRIBLE DAY!!!! I was robbed of my billfold while shopping at Walmart today. I have over $80.00 cash, 2 VISA cards, a Bank Debit Card (accessing my just deposited SSI check - my full income for the month - needed to pay my mortgage on the 5th as well as my health supplimental insurance and HOA fees, my Drivers License, and oh, so many other pertinent pieces of information, like my grocery store rewards card that gives me a discount on gas -which I needed to fuel up tomorrow - and now I don't even have access to my own bank account for a few days til that is re-opened under a new account number - and I don't know if they have taken money out yet - EEEK!!!!!!!1

I am totally Stressed OUT! - I have called all the agencies involved, and bless them, it was very easy each time. The credit cards were able to assure me they hadn't been used yet. Only the bank debit card CSR was not able to access the info and she was only a clearing point for tons of banks not just mine. I have to wait til mine opens up tomorrow morning to see if there is any damage.

So the up side is I have only eaten breakfast so far this day. 200 calories. Plain and simple.
    But I feel a need for something to console myself with. Ice cream or a Baileys and milk.
    I will wait til bedtime to decide. Right now I have a caffeine free diet Dr. Pibb at hand.
    And a hankering for Italian meatballs....(frozen Armour style) I put them into Heinz beef gravy - I can't take the marinara sauce yet - too spicy for me. The gravy is delicious - and I melt mozzarella over them and put on a kaiser roll. Yumm. Yes, Definitely. That will help.

See ya'll tomorrow.

• mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    OH Robin. How awful to have your wallet stolen. I am so sorry to hear that. I hope it gets resolved without any big loses and soon. Obviously, the cash will be gone...ouch!
    I too want one of those mixers like Kelley got....red for me please!
    I am exhausted; the tree ALMOST up...I may wait for morning to finish the last few touches as I hurt everywhere.....Yup, Marsha, I am not getting old, I AM old!
    Did well with calories today...and there were lovely leftovers for Niki if she would just stop by....
    Night my friends,
    Barbara Mountmary84
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi, I've been away from the thread for a while. Still dealing with whiplash pain (though it's been much better the past week) and my emotions are starting to level out. It's true... it does get better with time. Two months ago I couldn't imagine that would be possible. Amazingly my weight is still stable (within 5 lbs) from July, when I decided to take a break while on vacation. Vacation lasted one week, the diet break hasn't ended yet. I'm gearing up to get back on track in January. December is just too busy with work. Hope everyone is well and succeeding at working towards your goals.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Robin, I'm so sorry that happened to you.
    Barbara, I'm old, too. I've been feeling it today. It's very rainy, and my poor knees really hurt, especially the one hurt a couple of weeks ago. I am also battling a cold. You are doing so well. We can't let our age get us down.
    So far, so good, with December goals, 3/3.
    My hope is for all of us to be able to handle the challenges of the month and stay the course. I also hope that this darn cold passes quickly.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Just a quick drive by to update goals. I'm caught up on reading, but didn't get home from our first bargaining meeting until 8 pm, so no personals tonight.

I have 6 more essays to finish before 4th period tomorrow--should be no problem since both of my opens are in the morning. I will then have only 10 essays to finish up as the students remember to upload them to the online repository. Yay!

Friday I will devote to working on the journals while my AP kids write their next in-class essays (yes, robin--just like the dishes :wink: ).

Wednesday Wish:
    That I have more time to catch up with you all tomorrow.

December All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 3/3 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    Workout: 0/3 (goal is as much as possible)
    8k over Winter Break (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k was 56:49)

Grading Goals:
    1. 50/66 AP essays
    2. 5/66 AP Journals
    3. x/50 SL vocab
    4. x/60 SL Tests

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Tues--(short meeting) may do something--depends upon grading
    Wed--rest day (late meeting)
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Robin: Peeked in just before bed and read about your awful, horrible, terrible day. I want to throttle your thief! Been victim myself of something similar and feel the anger still after reading your post. So glad you were able to contact all the agencies, but am sorry you have to deal with all the resultant fallout. That's why I won't have a debit card now. Praying that your account is somehow untouched. Sending you a (((hug))) and a big imaginary mallet to pound that creep who violated your purse and peace of mind. >:)

GrammyWhammy
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Robin- I'm sorry you're having a rough week. First the internet issues and now your stolen billfold. I hope it is recovered!

WATER: 52/496
    SALAD: 3/31
    EXERCISE: 3/31
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    To all - Had my wallet stolen a few years ago and the officer gave me a very good piece of advice. Every couple of months photocopy every important piece of paper or plastic in your wallet and keep it at home. Makes it so much easier to take care of all the details when something bad happens.
    I have to say I love seeing all the goals posted. Keeps me motivated.

AFM - I am still on the top of the leaderboard for the Weight Loss Challenge at the gym. Down a total of 8.7% since the start of the challenge. Final weigh in is next Wednesday. I am off to the gym and then work. Long days there as my customers seem to think that Christmas cannot happen unless they get their new drapery.

My mantra these days:

Rome was not built in a day, but they worked on it everyday.
  • NK1112
    Options
    Not much time this morning, so I'll be brief (for a change :)

@Robin ... how awful, terrible, just no good that your wallet was stolen. Hope the bank has good news for you today.

@Mountmary ... thanks for the leftover offer! Since I cooked a small turkey this week I have my own, thanks.

@cblue ... I like your mantra. It reminds me that every today is the perfect day.

AFM ... Big plans for today for my December challenge as the trash gets picked up later on and I'm still tossing stuff into those bins!
    Calories at or under goal ... 3/3 (28/31 is my goal)
    Niki

• Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Quick update and then a hectic work day.....

December “ALL-IN Challenge:

Calories: 2/3
    Exercise: 4/4
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

Happy Santa's List Day!!!!
    Date When Celebrated : Always December 4
    Today is Santa's List Day. Have you been good all year? Have you been Naughty? Or, have you been nice? Santa knows.
    Santa's Elves have been everywhere, checking up on children all over the world, to see who has been naughty, and who has been nice. Thanks to the hard work of his elves, Santa Claus has two lists. The short list contains the names of a few children who have been naughty. A much longer list is filled with the names of children who have been good all year long.
    Which list are you on?
    Kids..... make sure to be especially good around the holidays. That's when parents need children to be on their best behavior, as they are busy preparing for the holidays.
    Origin of Santa's List Day:
    We have it on good authority, that this day was created at the North Pole.
    We interviewed Santa, and a few of his top elves. They tell us that they strive to make the first draft of Santa's "Naughty" and "Nice" lists by this day. Then, they review and adjust it, all the way to Christmas eve.
    Santa told us that doing extra chores, or something special to help out around the house between now and Christmas, will get you off the "Naughty" list, and onto the "Nice" list.

“The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.” ~Unknown

Tom
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I am so crazy, busy at work right now. Having brain MRI this afternoon (thank God for Xanax)--hope to be able to catch up and check in tonight.
    Morgori wrote: »
    Good morning all.

Happy Santa's List Day!!!!
    Date When Celebrated : Always December 4
    Today is Santa's List Day. Have you been good all year? Have you been Naughty? Or, have you been nice? Santa knows.
    Santa's Elves have been everywhere, checking up on children all over the world, to see who has been naughty, and who has been nice. Thanks to the hard work of his elves, Santa Claus has two lists. The short list contains the names of a few children who have been naughty. A much longer list is filled with the names of children who have been good all year long.
    Which list are you on?
    Kids..... make sure to be especially good around the holidays. That's when parents need children to be on their best behavior, as they are busy preparing for the holidays.
    Origin of Santa's List Day:
    We have it on good authority, that this day was created at the North Pole.
    We interviewed Santa, and a few of his top elves. They tell us that they strive to make the first draft of Santa's "Naughty" and "Nice" lists by this day. Then, they review and adjust it, all the way to Christmas eve.
    Santa told us that doing extra chores, or something special to help out around the house between now and Christmas, will get you off the "Naughty" list, and onto the "Nice" list.

“The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.” ~Unknown

Tom

Too funny, Tom! I just had to provide a wish list to my mom and sister today. LOL
  • Rozie1019
    Options
    Hi All, I hope I can join! I'm Rozie (like Rosey) I'm 24 and recently married. I used to use mfp for a while earlier in the year and I was doing pretty well. Then I deleted my account because I got caught up in wedding planning, the wedding, and the honeymoon. I used to follow this thread but never added anything, I was too nervous too. Now I am back and thought I'd check if this thread was still going and I'm glad it is because you all seem so awesome and supportive of one another.

My December goals are:
    1)Consistently weighing, measuring, and logging my food.
    2)Do some form of exercise at least 3 times a week.
    -I'm looking for a gym with an indoor track near me. I moved in with my husband once we got married so my commute to and from work is much longer and by the time I get home at night it's too dark for me to walk outside and I really dislike treadmills. They just feel very unnatural to me. Also I can lift there. I love weight lifting.
    3)Get back into my hobbies instead of just sitting around watching tv.
    -Since moving I haven't unpacked all my stuff yet. I love to crochet, knit, and make jewelry. They keep me busy so I don't want to eat while I'm watching TV.

Have a great day!
    Rozie
  • NK1112
    Options
    Welcome Rozie ... glad you found us again. Come back often if you can. This is a great group.

Do you have A YMCA gym near where you live? They usually have a track of some sort.
    Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, what with just being married, moving, and working. I love crochet and knitting, never made jewelry though. You are right, they do keep your hands too busy to nibble, plus some items keep you nice and warm as you work on them.

AFM .. folks, I forgot to post my Thursday Truth when I was on to report how my challenge is going ...

... I used to donate or toss clothing as it became too small, too big, etc. Now I am doing something different ... I am saving all my clothes that are too big and cutting them into pieces. My intent is, when I lose that 70 pounds that I still need to lose, I will use all the pieces to make myself a large patchwork quilt, maybe even 2 of them. They'll be great as throws on the couches, or as a bed spread for my kitties to lay on and maybe a wall hanging to match in my bedroom ... one or the other set.
    Niki
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Robin that is great you can get back to the pool and have found some exercises that will help your back. The water is so relaxing.

Hello Flowerbaby2- You joined the thread just by posting so welcome. To bookmark this thread find the star near the title of the thread and click on it. Then when you go to the community page you can click on the star to see the pages you have bookmarked. It will take you to the place where you left off or last posted.

Kaye and Niki- Congrats on your weight loss.

Robin- Sorry to hear that you were robbed at Wal mart to day, that is awful. Do have cameras that they could search to find out who stole your billfold? Hopefully, your accounts have not been accessed. The meatballs sounds greats so enjoy it.

Cblue- Congrats on 8.7% weight loss. You are kicking butt in that challenge.

Tom- Love the quote today. Have you made your list to Santa.

Kah- I must have missed this but why a brain MRI? Hope you are okay.

Rozie- Welcome. Where do you live? Congratulations on your recent marriage.

Niki-That is a really cool idea about the clothes and making them a quilt.

This has been a rough week at least tomorrow is Friday. I was thrilled to get back to a workout tonight with my trainer. I scheduled the session yesterday after realizing that I would not make it to the gym for a 2nd night in a row since life keep getting in the way. Then late this afternoon, I had a blunt reminder about a meeting tonight after work. Needless to say, I asked permission to skip it so I could make my gym appointment mostly because I was feeling guilty about missing it. It was a great workout today and I truly needed it. I don’t like to do those things but I had to take care of myself today and that meant a workout. I would not have left that meeting until 7:30 pm so that was too late to hit the gym tonight. This week I have been exhausted both physically and mentally between work and trying to help a friend that is dealing with depression. Therefore, tonight was my night and now I am enjoying Peter Pan live. It is very good.
    I finally decided that I am not swimming in the swim meet on Saturday, I will go to practice in the morning. Right now that is the workout that I need instead of a swim meet.

Week Goal
    Sunday- gym DONE
    Monday- Trainer DONE
    Tuesday- gym REST DAY Instead
    Wednesday- gym or pool REST DAY instead
    Thursday- Gym-Trainer DONE
    Friday- Climbing
    Saturday-Swimming
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying Peter Pan. I rode my pedaler and finished Timmy's hat while I watched. I have made 4 caps, 4 pair of mittens, 2 newsboy hats, and three head wraps. I'm not sure how many more I need to make. I need to do something for my step granddaughter and her 2 little ones.
    Thursday truth: I have closed my food log so that only I can see it. I am embarrassed to admit that I was finding it hard to be totally honest because I worried about how it would look to others. Now I can be totally honest and have clearer picture of my daily calories.
    Welcome to all of the new ones. If you will participate, you will have a lot of support and encouragement.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

@rozie--welcome to the group! Looks like you have some great goals. I also like to lift, but hurt my shoulder recently (not while lifting) so have been a bit sidelined in that area. Still doing squats, deadlifts, and leg press at the gym, but very limited with what upper body lifts I can perform. I also run, and though I think I'm the only runner in the world who likes the treadmill, I can totally understand what you mean about it feeling "unnatural." What I like about it is the consistent pacing and the extra cushioning for my joints--but I'm almost twice your age, so probably need it a bit more. LOL

@lori--great tip about photo-copying wallet stuff! You are going to win that WLC at your gym!!

@robin--that really sucks about your wallet! Makes me so mad to hear you had to deal with that. >:(

@tanya--good to see you back. :smile:

@tracy--I know a lot of teachers who stay after school to grade before heading home. I'm kind of the opposite--I have to move to a new location to grade or I'll get sidetracked with prep work like making copies or checking in books or some other "housekeeping" chore. THe only time I really grade at school is during my preps or during class while the kids are taking a test or writing in class. Tomorrow will be one of those days b/c my AP are all writing essays and my juniors have a reading day. Hoping to get a lot done while they work.

@niki--yes, you and robin are right that I need to get in and get my shoulder checked out. I have 2 more weeks until winter break, so I'm going to call and make an appt to see my doc.

Thursday Truth:
    All day I was really looking forward to getting to the gym after school. Then during my 8th period class, I felt a migraine coming on. Took some aleve, but by the time I got home from work all I wanted to do was crawl into bed. I did, and ended up sleeping for almost 5 hours! Obviously my body was telling me it needed some rest. I'm sad that I didn't get to run, but I feel a lot better now.

I'm down to my last few essays. Was going to try to grade them tonight, but with my "nap" I don't have time now. I will get them done tomorrow along with a lot of the journals. Saturday I'm judging that speech tournament and plan to grade all of the SL vocab and tests.

December All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 3/3 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    Workout: 0/3 (goal is as much as possible)
    8k over Winter Break (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k was 56:49)

Grading Goals:
    1. 56/66 AP essays
    2. 5/66 AP Journals
    3. x/50 SL vocab
    4. x/60 SL Tests
    5. x/66 Tone tests

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Tues--(short meeting) may do something--depends upon grading
    Wed--rest day (late meeting)
    Thurs--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym NOT DONE