Does anyone else sweat a TON?

Replies

• 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    I sweat so much I fear my gym may ban me from wearing white T-shirts. They are almost see-thru by the time I finish my workout..lol
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    I had people ask me at the gym how many miles I ran when I got off the treadmill. When I told them only 2 they looked at me like this: :noway:

My hair is dripping, my face is bright pink. The back of my shirt is completely drenched in sweat, so is the collar. My underarms are dry (must be the medical deodorant I used about 2 years ago, kinda killed my extreme underarm sweating), but I heard that the body always sweats the same and if you stop sweating on one body part another will sweat even more.

I shower when I'm done with my workout, so I just accepted the fact that I sweat more than others during my workout. I'm fine with it.
  • roduk
    roduk Posts: 43 Member
    i cant wear cotton tshirts i can wring the sweat out of them.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    I just like to think of it as my fat crying! :laugh:

OMG! That's hilarious, and I'm totally going to use it tomorrow. I sweat like a pig. Some people do, and some people don't. Who cares??? If you don't want to sweat, then you won't be able to make the kinds of changes you're working toward. Get your sweat on!!!!
  • jaj68
    jaj68 Posts: 158 Member
    I understand your problem completely. I even went to the dr. not long ago for it. I figured I must have a thyroid problem or :SOMETHING. vacuuming a floor, sweeping, even doing dishes....can make my head sweat so much my hair drips.:sad:

The dr. did some blood tests. But she told me ahead of time......"IF you would lose weight, this problem would take care of itself"
    I went home and cried. The blood tests all came back normal.:sick:

It is SO frustrating to be dripping....luckily my age....people think I am just having hot flashes. :blushing:
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    when i finish a run i take off my shirt and wring in out with my hands and create small pools that the local children will then come and play in. While i swear the Salt Lake in Utah was there long before i had ever visited, there are some among my friends who think it showed up after i spent a week in Utah and had gone for daily run's.

wringing out my socks is particularly impressive to some people.

i ride my bike to my gym 3 days a week (a block from my office, 24 miles from my house) and i drink a little less than 100 oz of water before i get there and shower to replace the fluids i have lost..

when i lived in DC there was a time when i had a half mile walk to the metro that then stopped at my office bldg, i had to change my shirt 4 out of 5 days during the summer upon arrival so i gave up on that and biked there since i was going to be sweaty anyway, just applied lots of deodorant.

men and women are very different in the sweat dept so i doubt we can help each other out much with info on this but my experience is that the amount of sweat has changed little if at all when i have been in good shape vs not so good shape.

the worst part is not the sweating for me but the post - sweat, it takes me forever to STOP sweating. if i workout at lunch time i need to budget a lot of cool down town which is a major hassle. cold showers, standing under the AC, ice pack on the neck, nothing seems to stop me from sweating once i have started.
  • I sweat a lot even if I don't workout- I have yet to find a deodorant that helps me... :indifferent:

Same! Particularly in the summer, I break out in a sweat within minutes, usually my face and I have to keep trying to casually wipe it off D:

ME TOO! I didn't when I was younger, but after kids I feel like a wet mess :/ Makes it hard to be able to work out and do stuff in the day. In order for me to workout I have to have time for a shower and to get ready to go.....it's a pain! Makes finding time to workout that much harder....and with three kids and school full time that is the last thing i need lol!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    If they had wet t-shirt contests at my gym... I'd win every time. I just accept it. I'm there to do work and if anybody has a problem with it, maybe they should work harder. :wink:

I am with this post ^^^^^

I used to be embarrassed by it but I have learned to embrace this burden! As for it getting better, I don't think it ever gets any better! My Zumba instructor has lost 80 pounds and is super tiny now and she still sweats a ton. By the end of the class her and I both are drenched head to toe!
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    just remembered, when i was walking away from a 10k race last summer and some people who didnt know about the race going on stopped me and asked incredulously - "how is it swimming in that lake? i didnt know they let people do that?" they almost didnt believe me that i had not gone in the lake, that it was just sweat.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    I don't sweat as much while working out as I used to, after losing some weight and working out more often. I don't even need a towel for my short runs, although I do find it nice to have something to wipe the sweat off at the end. My clothes are usually pretty sweaty, but not nearly as much as they used to be. Also, I don't turn as bright red in the face so easily now either. However, if I run more than my usual mile warmup, then I'm a mess. But still better than it used to be.

I'm a pretty sweaty person (I change into jammies really early in the evening, mostly because I just can't stand my sweaty pits of the shirt anymore), thanks to a condition that makes my pores over-achievers. In addition, this condition also makes me break out in huge rashes and painfully deep cysts in reaction to most antiperspirants and all but a few detergents. Hurray. The new Secret one that's ph balanced works, which I'm so happy for, since before they developed that one I couldn't use anything.
  • PaulC9554
    PaulC9554 Posts: 117 Member
    I always take two T shirts with me to change half way through my gym sessions. I use the rower, people used to look at me strange when I got off the machine, dripping wet, I'd tell them the water was a bit choppy and I caught alot of splash!
    It does become a bit of a nuisance at times when the sweat dripping from my arms looks like a small stream running down the steps on the stairclimber. It will take sometime to clean the equipment. Fair to say I sweat alot.
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Thank god it is not just me! I get it the worst between and under my boobs and on the small of my back. Attractive right?
    I also turn bright red. Like really really red, in fact this happens not just working out but if I blush it isn't cute it looks like I am choking. What's weird is I rarely get too out of breath but my heart rate is insane. I think I am just abnormal.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    yes I sweat and I don't care what others think about it.
  • deaftolight
    deaftolight Posts: 20 Member
    i do
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Be glad that you sweat...I think it's a good thing. Also I notice you still have some to lose, so you will probably sweat less casually like that as you trim that off. Your body is staying cool.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    For sweat odor and for wetness, try this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BMB1MG/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=zerot0d-20&camp=0&creative=0&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B002BMB1MG&adid=02KJ79N9167EPKVR34CB&

This stuff is amazing. You put it on only about once every few days. It's a miracle cure for underarms. Walgreen's carries it locally at many locations.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    girl i feel you. i've come to embrace it though. like to think of it as my fat crying. or that i just have so much sexy i have to get it out of my system. lol plus, a postworkout glow is sexy as hell.
  • Superrhi
    Superrhi Posts: 84
    Yess! I always make sure i have a towel with me to wipe down the gym equiptment. My tops after a work out are drenched, but i try not to worry about it too much.
  • I seriously believe my eyelids are sweating. It is GROSS! But - that's why I like being able to walk/job (C25K) outside, so no one really notices. And I agree with a previous poster - I think it's getting a lot of "Junk" out of my system, though I have no scientific reason for that!
  • I've learned to accept it and not buy silk shirts. :(
    Good part to all of it - I can easily threaten my roommate post work out with soggy hugs if he didn't do the dishes! :D