Hello, new and looking for others with Multiple Sclerosis...

I'm new with this program. I'm 48 years old, happily married and have one daughter in college. I have Multiple Sclerosis and know I need to have a healthy diet and some type of workout program. I was hoping to find a few friends on here who might understand MS and the challenges that come with it. :smile:

Replies

• stout05
    stout05 Posts: 1 Member
    Still looking for a friend with MS?
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    I have MS. Feel free to add me as a friend, either of you.
  • Hi everyone. Just diagnosed in April 2013 and my weight loss is slowing considerably while I try to amke adjustments in my day to day. Feel free to add me as a friend.

Corrie
  • Mindy21G
    Mindy21G Posts: 1
    I'm 48 with MS, two boys (15, 12) and married, too! I've just set up this account and I'm primarily interested building strength. My MS in completely under control (Tysabri). Please add me as a friend.

Mindy
  • gillila
    gillila Posts: 16 Member
    Hello fellow MS'ers. I too have MS - I'm 50 and trying (again) to focus on a more healthy lifestyle. I was diagnosed 2 years ago and have probably gained 25 lbs in that timeframe. Not sure if it is age, medication (Avonex), or the MS. I go through phases of exercising - I tend to start off with a bang and then ease up until i'm back to just the basics.

I know what I need to do, I just can't seem to stick to it. I just started this week to focus on eating better and drinking more water. Hopefully I will stick to it and it will become more habit than chore.

Feel free to add me as a friend...:happy:
  • HolyMolyCow
    HolyMolyCow Posts: 4 Member
    Hello,

My name is Nicolette and I also have MS. Please friend me! I need information and support whenever possible!

Thanks!
  • mapgeek
    mapgeek Posts: 5
    o/ Me! Me! I have MS. I'm really struggling with figuring everything out. I've gained almost 20 pounds since I was diagnosed and I just can't seem to get it off.
  • Chase3cans
    Chase3cans Posts: 10 Member
    Hi! Fellow MS'er here too. Diagnosed with RRMS in 2009. Never had a weight issue until MS came into my life and now am struggling to lose 40 pounds, ughh! I follow the wahl's protocol and use Copaxone as an added measure. I would love some MFP buddies to take this journey and offer positivity, support, understanding, and insight. Feel free to add me if that's you! I promise to offer the same! :)
  • MaybeImNot
    MaybeImNot Posts: 122 Member
    I'm 28 and newly diagnosed. Looking for friends for sure.
  • kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    <~~~~ MS Here. Diagnosed 12/17/13 On Tecfidera right now. Seems to be going well for me.
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 144 Member
    Hi, fellow weight loss/MS'ers! Diagnosed almost 12 years ago, on Gilenya now. Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • WithoutTheWeight
    WithoutTheWeight Posts: 1 Member
    Diagnosed for almost 5 years! Lets connect!
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    I was diagnosed with RRMS in March 2013 and would love to connect with you all. My husband bought me a fitbit flex a few weeks ago and it's really helped me with keeping me on track with my weight lose and to keep my body moving!
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    My mom does. Fortunately she has been doing well lately. Feel free to add me.
  • takethatTM
    takethatTM Posts: 29 Member
    I have transverse myelitis, which is very similar. Walking sucks, but I just keep going! Feel free to add me.
  • pajarito78
    pajarito78 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone, I was diagnosed with MS 10 years ago. I'm currently trying the lose the weight I gained from steroids and tysabri, but finding it hard to stick to a program. Feel free to add me.