How to Track Weight Watchers Points on MFP!!

Replies

• expressjeans00
    expressjeans00 Posts: 1 Member
    has anyone not been able to install the greasemonkey plug in because it's not compatible with firefox version 27? Is there a way around this? They said installing an older version may expose you to security risks.
  • jzynanja
    jzynanja Posts: 25 Member
    Thank you so much for this!!! This is having the best of both worlds at our fingertips. I love the points system, but WW database is horrible. MFP's database is AWESOME! Now I have both. Thanks again!!
  • I cannot get get the script to work in FF 27, hopefully the script will be updated soon!
  • I'm having trouble getting the Points column to show up at all. I read through all 16 pages of this thread and don't see an answer to my question. I am on a Mac and use Chrome. I downloaded TamperMonkey and installed the script there, and corrected line 10 to read "true" rather than "false" and restarting Chrome a couple of times. Still don't see it. Any suggestions?

I just found this board and tried it as well and I am having no luck with getting this to work. Any ideas? Help
  • AWESOME! Thanks a bunch! I am not a techy person by any means!! Im super excited, yup, BIG dork! Thanks again!!!
    For those experiencing this issue in Chrome, here is how to get it to work:
    Just add this to the top of the script file:
    (function () {

and then this to the very bottom of the script:
    })();

FYI- Here is the bug I filed with Tampermonkey: http://forum.tampermonkey.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=623&p=2518#p2518

OMG it works...just copy and paste those changes and the script works this is awesome! thanks so much to the person that added this post and the creator. Best of both worlds.
  • I saw your post and I was having the same issues. I found a post that showed how to fix the issue with Chrome and it works for me now.
    Here's the info:
    For those experiencing this issue in Chrome, here is how to get it to work:
    Just add this to the top of the script file:
    (function () {

and then this to the very bottom of the script:
    })();

FYI- Here is the bug I filed with Tampermonkey: http://forum.tampermonkey.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=623&p=2518#p2518
  • TC4IOWASTATE
    TC4IOWASTATE Posts: 64 Member
    saving!
  • Sandyoutwest
    Sandyoutwest Posts: 1 Member
    Just got this installed. Some points are not showing correctly. Example Silk almond milk 1 cup is 3 points according to my ww calculator and is only showing as 2 with formula.
    Any thoughts?
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Bump
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Thank You.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jgkoutr
    jgkoutr Posts: 8,105 Member
    bump
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    :wink:
  • Spidermurphy116
    Spidermurphy116 Posts: 8 Member
    Got it to work.
  • Spidermurphy116
    Has anyone found that the 1200 calories from MFP is showing as way more points than is allowed. i.e. my points should be 26 but the points that are coming up are like 34.
  • Spidermurphy116
    I have firefox 27.0.1 and it works for me.
  • Spidermurphy116
    Someone said to set both to true. Is that not correct?
    Still can't get it to stop displaying 1/2 point values. Any suggestions? I have already changed line 11 to false. I'm using chrome. Thanks!
  • marsano
    marsano Posts: 10 Member
    Okay I am pretty much computer illiterate but thanks to you guys I was able to install it....kind of. I could not get the source code portion to change the points plus to true. It would let me make any changes. What am I doing wrong? Thank you all so much for your help! I have been fretting about how I am going to track once I make goal. I simply can't afford 42.50 a month just for the w.w. tracking system.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Okay I am pretty much computer illiterate but thanks to you guys I was able to install it....kind of. I could not get the source code portion to change the points plus to true. It would let me make any changes. What am I doing wrong? Thank you all so much for your help! I have been fretting about how I am going to track once I make goal. I simply can't afford 42.50 a month just for the w.w. tracking system.
    If you get to lifetime you don't have to pay. I know easier said than done.
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    I'm just bumping for others. I LOVE this!

First, make sure you have Firefox installed.
    Next, install Greasemonkey from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/748
    Once that is installed, go here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/122949 and click on INSTALL in the top right corner.

Greasemonkey will recognize that it is a script and install it for you.

Once you have installed the script, if you want to edit it, follow these instructions:
    In the upper right hand corner of Firefox, there should be a little monkey. Click on the drop down menu and click on "manage user scripts." Then it will bring up a new window. Highlight weight watchers script (if its your only one it will already be highlighted) and click on options. It will bring up a new window. Click on script settings and then edit this script. Select "notepad" as your editor, edit line 10 as needed, then click save".

In order for the points to display on MFP, you MUST ONLY have the following stats showing in your diary in this EXACT order:
    Calories Carbs Fat Fiber Protein
  • raggiemom
    raggiemom Posts: 139 Member
    read later