Female: Heavy lifting before and after pics

I'm starting a Heavy lifting program today and would like to see some results from you guys! Also anyone have a favorite Heavy lifting program????

Replies

• demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/929824-its-been-over-a-year-since-my-hot-affair-began

This was posted a few days ago. I found it totally inspiring, went and bought the book, and started on Saturday. Message me if you decide to go with the program. I'd love to have someone to track progress with!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    My favorite program is from the book "The New Rules of Lifting for Women."
  • juliekins64
    juliekins64 Posts: 125 Member
    I don't post photos and make up my own lifting routines but it is def working.
    While I don't look smaller it's dramtically changed the way my body looks underneath the clothes, much firmer.
    I lost the weight through diet and running to look good in clothes, I lift weights to look good naked.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    My favorite program is from the book "The New Rules of Lifting for Women."

Ditto!
  • jturco3
    jturco3 Posts: 12
    ok I"ve heard alot of people get bored with NROLFW? So I am debating between NROLFW and SL 5x5? Anyone see any huge advantages of one over the other?
  • kiliet
    kiliet Posts: 2
    The first comment on the NROLFW "Lift like a man, look like a goddess" I believe that 100%. Dont get too overwhelmed in everything out there, as things work diffferently for everyone and everyone has there own "thing" they like to do. Girl, lets start with 4 sets of 5-7 super heavy lifts. We will work the antagonists muscles each day (bis and back, tris and chest) then we can do legs one day and some super sets of shoulders as we both have a goal of getting our shoulders sculpted. I think the most important thing is muscle confusion and change. Always keeping your body saying, "whats next" so it can keep changing and develping. We can use some workouts we find and move things around as we want. Bottom line, by our last two reps we should be struiggling big time and neededing eachother assitance. LETS DO THIS! :) So excited to transform with my main gal!
  • kiliet
    kiliet Posts: 2
    Lets make sure we are lifting at least 3 days a week whether its alone or with eachother and we must keep our calories higher than weve been doing and get more protein in. Muslce cannot build without it. BEAST!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    ok I"ve heard alot of people get bored with NROLFW? So I am debating between NROLFW and SL 5x5? Anyone see any huge advantages of one over the other?

NROLFW I've heard can get a little more complicated during later phases (I've never read it; just going off random comments I saw on the forums). I personally decided to do stronglifts because it's really pretty simple. There's a group on here of women doing stronglifts, and it has a ton of information, and we're all pretty friendly.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Hi.. I'm 23, 5' 6", Mom of 2. I don't have the best genes when it comes to stretch marks/belly skin so sorry if you are expecting washboard abs :laugh: but I wanted to show you what you could do in under 90 days simply by adding a lifting routine. I'm more fit now than I ever was, even at 120 lbs. I started with a lot of high rep workouts I found online, now I do Stronglifts 5x5 every other day (or atleast 3x a week)

SW: 181.5
    CW: 167
    GW: 160

Day 1 was Jan 1, Day 83 was yesterday
    19593344_4703.jpg

Day 8:
    xlxetu.jpg

Day 83 (yesterday):
    19593344_3666.jpg

This was taken four days ago
    19593344_6317.jpg
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    The only amazingly hot women at my gym are the ones in the free weights area.

thread/
  • jturco3
    Good Job!!!! Keep up the good work !
  • jturco3
    The first comment on the NROLFW "Lift like a man, look like a goddess" I believe that 100%. Dont get too overwhelmed in everything out there, as things work diffferently for everyone and everyone has there own "thing" they like to do. Girl, lets start with 4 sets of 5-7 super heavy lifts. We will work the antagonists muscles each day (bis and back, tris and chest) then we can do legs one day and some super sets of shoulders as we both have a goal of getting our shoulders sculpted. I think the most important thing is muscle confusion and change. Always keeping your body saying, "whats next" so it can keep changing and develping. We can use some workouts we find and move things around as we want. Bottom line, by our last two reps we should be struiggling big time and neededing eachother assitance. LETS DO THIS! :) So excited to transform with my main gal!

Kilie!!!!! super excited to do this!!! I"m so glad you are so knowledgable on this subject...because I"m NOT!!!! I agree, I think we need to do 3x/week. At the very least we need to do 1 day together, hopefully 2 though and then we can do one on our own. I also think I will need to take in more calories to get the best results. My main forcus is to take in more of the "good" calories to fuel my body for an amazing transformation!!! I'm excited to get started tonight, i'm following your lead and hopefully I learn a lot along the way so I can do it without depending on you every step! This is going to be fun!:)
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    The only amazingly hot women at my gym are the ones in the free weights area.

thread/
    There's this one tall blonde that started off a bit heavy a few months ago at my gym, she does the Starting Strength routine (or something very similar), and she looks AMAZING now. Her stomach got totally flat and she lost a ton off her butt.
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    bodyfat-2.jpg

On the left I was eating 1300ish calories and doing mostly cardio work (I had knee surgery followed by a broken collar bone so my activity was limited) My body fat was 30%. After lifting weights and getting serious into strength training, within five months I dropped my body fat to around 23% and ate an avg. of 2000 calories!! Same weight, smaller sizes.

Before I had my other knee operated on in late Dec. 2012, I was eating 2300 calories and avg. 20-21% body fat. I lifted heavy in the gym - full body 3x a week. I also did some endurance or yoga or other class type exercises 2x a week with 2 days rest. The scale had gone up, too. I was avg. 150lbs - but still in a size 6/8!!

Today I'm slowly getting back into my full routine and I love it! Strong in my own skin! *flexes* grrrr! lol
  • kmakar
    kmakar Posts: 103

On the left I was eating 1300ish calories and doing mostly cardio work (I had knee surgery followed by a broken collar bone so my activity was limited) My body fat was 30%. After lifting weights and getting serious into strength training, within five months I dropped my body fat to around 23% and ate an avg. of 2000 calories!! Same weight, smaller sizes.

Before I had my other knee operated on in late Dec. 2012, I was eating 2300 calories and avg. 20-21% body fat. I lifted heavy in the gym - full body 3x a week. I also did some endurance or yoga or other class type exercises 2x a week with 2 days rest. The scale had gone up, too. I was avg. 150lbs - but still in a size 6/8!!

Today I'm slowly getting back into my full routine and I love it! Strong in my own skin! *flexes* grrrr! lol
    Love this! You look great! (be careful with those knees.)
  • dixiewhiskey
    Good Job!!!! Keep up the good work !

Thank you!
  • dixiewhiskey
    bodyfat-2.jpg

You look wonderful! Isn't it amazing how you can weigh around the same weight as before but have a tighter, sculpted body? Your results also go to show that different weights can be different sizes. I weigh about 20lbs more than you but I also am a size 6 :smile:

I hope your surgery went well, must feel great to get back into things,even if it's slower than we'd like. Keep up the fab work! :smile:
  • Runningnorth
    Runningnorth Posts: 38 Member
    lurking :wink:
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Here's me about a year ago (left) and currently (right). Same weight, very different body composition! I'm at the end of a bulk so my bf% is a little higher than I'd like, but I'm pretty dang happy with the muscle gains!

rac0ew.png

Here's a comparison of the same photo on the left and after I'd finished my first cut:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1081300-i-ate-i-trained-i-progressed-w-pics The end weight is definitely lower, but it's a good example of how lifting can contribute to muscle retention during fat loss (which is mostly diet-based).

As for programs, I've been running All Pro's Beginner Routine this entire time. Still not bored with it, and I have a very short attention span! :laugh: Here's a link to a description of the program: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Margojr,
    THANK YOU FOR BEING A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF "THE NUMBERS ON THE SCALE DON'T ALWAYS MATTER"
    Awesome job, Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!