After 15 years, I'm no longer a 300 pounder!

This morning I weighed in at 299.2. I haven't been under 300lbs since I 17 years old. In recent years I had bounced between 340 and 350. Last May at 343 I started a couch to 5k program, ran three 5Ks, and started mountain biking. I got down to about 320 before the weather got cold and I fell off the wagon. Fast forward to 4 weeks ago when I started using MFP religiously and weighed in at 318. Now I 've finally reached the goal I've had for years. I still have a long road ahead, but my ultimate goal is around 225. I'm 6'2" for reference. I just can't wait for the weather up here in Wi to warm up so I can start cardio again!

Replies

• ptbodacious
    ptbodacious Posts: 65 Member
    Excellent job! Best of luck as you go forward - I have an easier time of it in the summer, too - better fruits and veggies and easier to work out outside!
  • sjklaus
    sjklaus Posts: 59 Member
    Awesome Accomplishment! Way to go!!!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Congrats on the milestone! I'm sure it the first of many! Here in MI, it is much easier to be active in the summer too!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Good for you...that "under 300" lbs. has to be a major achievement after so many years. I have no doubt that the new motivation that comes with it will carry you all the way. Good luck to you.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Congrats!
  • belleparis
    belleparis Posts: 111
    Congratulations! Great for you :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Fantastic achievement, top shelf!
  • That's great to hear! Definitely something worth celebrating
  • smallpinkdress
    smallpinkdress Posts: 6 Member
    that's awesome! i have been bouncing around the 300's for the past 4 years and have finally given myself a kick in the butt. thank you for sharing!
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Congrats!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • oldmaid1963
    oldmaid1963 Posts: 7 Member
    excellent job keep up the good work
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    this is so close to my heart.......i am consistently hovering right around 300 lbs.....got under 300 for a couple of weeks, then just hit it again this week.....trying not to freak out about it, though - - i told myself i did not want to ever see a 3 in front of my weight again.

big congrats to you!
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    AWESOME... Way TO Go...
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Anyone who can run 5 k at a weight in the 300's is pretty amazing in my book. Very awesome. Gives hope to us all.
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Whoop!! WTG!! :wink:
  • Chyll88
    Chyll88 Posts: 76 Member
    Congrats!
  • great job!
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Fantastic Job!!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • what a fabulous day for you & a fabulous result!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!