After 15 years, I'm no longer a 300 pounder!

2»

Replies

• Congrats!
  • pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Congrats from another Wisconsin-er! You are a success story. I'm looking forward to fresh fruits and veggies from the garden, but since we can't even plant until June it will be a while. Until then we can take encouragement from the fact we use more calories walking through 4" of snow. I'm rooting for you.
  • Lindabummy1
    Lindabummy1 Posts: 73 Member
    Excellent! Such focus and determination to be admired. Keep up the great work. You should be proud and will be at the weight you want before you know it.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Congratulations having just passed that Mark myself I know how good it feels
  • bluefish49
    bluefish49 Posts: 102 Member
    WTG !!! CONGRATS !!!

My highest ever was 455. When I started this time I was 415. I joined that under 300 club around the first of the year, Now down to 266 with 215 as the distant goal and 250 by the 4th of July as the intermediate goal.

MFP has been a big part of that. 5Ks as well.
  • GlyndaTheGoodWitch
    GlyndaTheGoodWitch Posts: 8 Member
    Wonderful!
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Congratulations!!! Great victory to savor. :flowerforyou:
  • fatguy_fitness
    fatguy_fitness Posts: 195 Member
    edited February 2018
    Now it's been 20 years.

SO a little update on this. I unfortunely gained almost all of the weight back about 9 months later....BUT, I'm glad to say that I'm now back under the 300 again. Only took me 5 years....Hopefully it will stick this time!
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    ars371 wrote: »
    This morning I weighed in at 299.2. I haven't been under 300lbs since I 17 years old. In recent years I had bounced between 340 and 350. Last May at 343 I started a couch to 5k program, ran three 5Ks, and started mountain biking. I got down to about 320 before the weather got cold and I fell off the wagon. Fast forward to 4 weeks ago when I started using MFP religiously and weighed in at 318. Now I 've finally reached the goal I've had for years. I still have a long road ahead, but my ultimate goal is around 225. I'm 6'2" for reference. I just can't wait for the weather up here in Wi to warm up so I can start cardio again!

I live in Illinois and my husband and I drove up to Wisconsin yesterday and did a four mile hike in Kettle Moraine. It was GREAT cardio! Don't let the winter derail you! Congrats on your progress so far!
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    So fantastic! Congratulations and keep moving ahead.
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Great work and super results congratulations and keep going :)
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Dude!! Fantastic!! Keep it up and can't wait to see your updates!
  • jc1961AA
    jc1961AA Posts: 283 Member
    Well done, stick a picture of yourself at 350lbs on the fridge to motivate you, just to remind you how far you have gone and that you don't ever want to go back to where you come from
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,600 Member
    Keep up the great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!