How do you get rid of the C-section "flap"?

Options

Replies

• misslizz6958
    misslizz6958 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It's not A really tummy tuck they give you, and in my opinion you would have to be crazy to let a military doctor touch you.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I've had 3 c-sections and I'm happy to say my flap isn't there anymore :) my oldest was a 9lb 15oz & 24in long boy....it was an emergency c-section.
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Okay, I gotta say hard work is important but it depends on genetics too. If you have thin skin that's prone to stretch marks you can probably shrink it to be hidden but you're skin probably won't snap back as well as someone w/ great genes. Not an excuse, but I don't really think it's fair to imply that someone just didn't work hard enough and that's why thier stomach isn't flat. I have a flap and strechmarks and a C-section scar and while I will work my butt off, I will not disappoint myself by having false expectations. I am learning to love my post baby body especially because it bore my son but I'm not going to be sporting a string bikini either.
    BTW... let's try to stay nice to eachother, we're here to support eachother even if we have opinions as different as our individual body types.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    MAJOR CARDIO, left lifts, ab work that targets the lower abs. That's what's going to do it.
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i dont think it's impossible Xxpurrfectgirlxx's posted a blog about a month ago. She has 3 children her third being a C section and her tummy look flat. She does work out hard insanity and i think P90. I'll try to find her blog
  • HappyTemple
    Options
    Okay, I gotta say hard work is important but it depends on genetics too. If you have thin skin that's prone to stretch marks you can probably shrink it to be hidden but you're skin probably won't snap back as well as someone w/ great genes. Not an excuse, but I don't really think it's fair to imply that someone just didn't work hard enough and that's why thier stomach isn't flat. I have a flap and strechmarks and a C-section scar and while I will work my butt off, I will not disappoint myself by having false expectations. I am learning to love my post baby body especially because it bore my son but I'm not going to be sporting a string bikini either.
    BTW... let's try to stay nice to eachother, we're here to support eachother even if we have opinions as different as our individual body types.

I agree with this!
  • ericacox5
    Options
    where can i buy one of those belts? I only had my daughter 4 months ago, but i have been working out and am getting discouraged by the flab. I dont want to have a surgery to get rid of it, I'd rather do it naturally?
  • joclougherty
    joclougherty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well then I'm screwed!! I have the c-section scar 3 times over ..

Me too!!
  • MeganxMindless
    Options
    i have the same concern..after i had my son via c-section i walked out of the hosptal at 230lbs i gained ALOT of weight while i was pregnant..(my pre-pregnancy weight was 160lbs) so ive been doing nothing but hardcore gym work and very strict healthy eating. i am now down to 196.:) and the infamous belly flap isnt really a flap anymore, more or less a annoying bulge. i can pinch a little excess skin though. so im hoping that when the rest of the weight comes off i wont have too much too wory about. so along with all my cardio im doing alot of core work hoping to tighten things up. things seem to be going well so far. im doing everything in my power to avoid surgery, so if anybody knows any crazy exercise that im not doing let me know. lol :)
  • Roxannesaia
    Options
    What kind of surgery can get rid of that? Liposuction?
  • jennyct10
    jennyct10 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the individual. Kudos to those who have gotten their flat bellies back, but I always had a perfectly flat tummy before my c-section, and now I have a knotty scar with the overhang. Yikes. But absolutely no stretchmarks. My sister has a stick thin figure and multitudes of stretchmarks. Go figure.

I do wonder though... once you reach your prepregnancy flatness, does it take more work to maintain it versus the pre-baby days?
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Surgery baby, that's it.
    When they cut you open, they go through muscle and all of it, and there is no way to get it back the way it was. So, short of opening you up again, all you can do is shrink the size of it so you don't have to tuck it in your pants! I've had 5 babies and 4 of them were sections, so I've had the same concerns as you!

I don't think surgery is the only answer. My sister has had multiple c-sections as she has had all very large babies and she has gotten a flat stomach again........

It takes time and eating natural foods and exercise to burn the fat off your body.

What they're talking about isn't even fat. It's skin and muscle stretched beyond the point that can be naturally healed by the body. It does not go away via diet and exercise, it's damaged tissue.
  • patrice1969
    Options
    I heard you can get laser lipo to get rid of the c-section flap or "ledge". I have one and I found this site that explains how having laser lipo will get rid of it...without having to get a mini or tummy tuck. About to get my free consultation myself!

http://www.bodyenvi.com/blog/bid/228529/C-Section-Pooch-Ledge-Begone-with-Laser-Liposuction
  • AliciaDK1
    Options
    I am currently in the same situation. I have not had a c-section but have had 4 kids naturally. I too have an awful tummy flap that I thought I could not get rid of unless I had surgery. I was fortunate enough to cross paths with an amazing Body Health Coach named Kristine. She's been an amazing coach and with her expert advice on clean eating and all the right exercises for my body type, she's been helping me get rid of this sucker! It is possible ladies, it's just going to take allot of work. She provided me with a food plan and we skype every now and then when she switches up my exercise plan. With her help, my tummy flap is nicely shrinking! You can check her out at: www.bodyhealthcoach.com Kristine has a great blog with allot of great advice!
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've had two c-sections and have that good ol' "apron" as well. After my second child was born and I was back on track with nutrition and exercise, I talked to a trainer about the problem. He told me that there is no way to get my lower abdomen back to its somewhat flat shape other than surgery. So here I am 19-1/2 years later and still have it.
    Exactly what I call mine... my 'baby apron'...
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    never mind...see that this is an old thread
  • lyndseydennis
    Options
    I would NEVER typically post about my business here, I come here for workout advise and tips and to be around other health consious (or struggling to be!) people....but with regards to the mom "apron", I have one too :( The only thing besides watching my diet and exercising that I have been using to help it, and lots of other moms I personaly know, is the It Works body wrap....I'm not saying it's the right thing for you to try, but it's way cheaper than surgery and it's all natural. It tightens, tones and firms the skin (not a weight loss wrap) and has helped to give my apron a "lift".....I am not using them now, I'm waiting until I've lost some more lbs and gained some more tone, then going to wrap again to help show off what i've worked for....Hopefully some of you have tried it since the OP!
  • rosiepott
    rosiepott Posts: 7
    Options
    I really think it has a lot to do with the way they sew you back up. My section scar is crooked. One was sewn up perfect, other side bulges. I have always had a flat tummy, now I have half a flat belly. Come on ladies, at 60 who's gunna give a rip?
  • chezzabelle82
    chezzabelle82 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Oh man, this thread has just made my down day even worse lol I had a emergency section almost 7 yrs ago also had a pregnancy almost 4 yrs ago which wasn't a section was really hoping to open this thread to find everyone saying you can get rid of it but I guess not but I am defo gonna look into that belt that was mentioned ????