Does anyone else sweat a TON?

Replies

• Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    OMG! I sweat like a pig! :grumble: I was a tanch bit concerned by this but my trainer said not to worry too much about it...it's just my body regulating its temp.

I just like to think of it as my fat crying! :laugh:

/quote]

OMG I love this!!!! Fat crying!!!
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    I swaet more now during my workouts than when i was at my heaviest. I once heard it could be because i hydrate myself a lot better now so my body has the extra water to regulate my body tempature with. (why we sweat and have hair it's our bodies tempature control system) it seemed kind of logical soi think it could be true i do drink a lot more water these days. but whether thats the case or not i sweat like a beast when i work out.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    I can't answer your question, but it's so nice to hear that I'm not the only one!!
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Yes. And i look sexy doing it.

Yes! I love a good sweat!!!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    I sweat a ton. If I am not sweating a ton, I push harder until I do!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    I sweat way more now that I'm fit than I ever have in my life! Even when I'm not working out, unfortunately :ohwell:
    Especially on my belly and shins...
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    I sweat ALOT too. My shirt has sweat marks 5-10 min into a workout and 20 mins later everyone else is dry and im soaked! i understand. for me i've always been a little sweaty, and the 1st time i lost 30-35 lbs it didnt get any better. =/ lol
  • Sarabeth1980
    Sarabeth1980 Posts: 62 Member
    Yes, I have never understood how people can workout on their lunches! I SWEAT, A LOT. Hair drenched, shirt drenched. It is embarassing at the gym!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    I sweat like a *kitten* in church!
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Oh and i find that the more water i drink, the MORE i sweat, i didnt thnk it was possible for me to sweat anymore than i already was. my hair is soaked from root to tip no matter how long or short my hair is.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    I sweat like it's my damn job. I think I'm abnormally sweaty or something, because when I get done with a run or something it legit looks like I just took a shower in my clothes. Clinical strength anti-perspirant is NO match for what I've got goin' on. Sometimes, I'll look around the gym and think "WHY DOESN'T ANYONE ELSE LOOK LIKE THIS???" I used to take this cardio kickboxing class, and I'd have to stop and mop up the floor around me with a towel so I didn't slip. I require 2 towels during hot yoga class, and I have to wipe my mat down regularly so I don't slip out of a downward dog or something. Ridiculous.

If sweat is my fat crying, then my fat is clinically depressed.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    I have yo yo dieted a lot....finally on a healthy track for over a year- got down to goal, although I thought I wanted to lose more- since decided that the # on the sacale was just that since I was bikin ready :happy: Sadly my sweaty friend I think I sweat more after losing! I chalk it up to high metab...... I know I am WAAAY more fit than before, my HRM is sooo fun to watch, with my new really quick recovery and all that.....but I have always been a sweaty lady....def has not gotten better. Good luck though ladies :wink:
  • Never changes for me. I sweat horribly. I'm head to toe drenched after a 20 minute workout, and I'm only on the first week of 30ds. When I'm at the office? Sitting? I still sweat. Armpits are killer. I don't smell, I just sweat. Anti-perspirants, deodorants, they're good to keep me smelling rosie but nothing helps.
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    I uses to have issues with excessive sweating in my arm pits (but not any where else). Interestingly, since I started using a deodorant WITHOUT antiperspirant I almost don't sweat at all.
  • I sweat tons when I workout too. When I was in great shape 5 years ago I still sweat a lot during exercise. I sweat a lot more now though without exercise tan I ever did when I was smaller and in shape so I'm hoping at least that will improve. I also live just 2 miles from where I work and wish I could ride my bike or just walk but I know I would be gross and sweating by the time I got to my office.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    I used to sweat a lot when not exercising when I was obese. Now I only seem to sweat heavily when working out. I am disappointed if I don't finish a work out with my kit drenched.
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Fit people sweat (cool the body) sooner in their workout than overweight people....and overweight people will sweat more in volume when they do sweat, as fat is an insulator....

so to answer your question. As you get fitter, you should sweat sooner in your workout, but sweat less in volume. Also, women have more sweat glands than men...but men are more active hence why we are typically more sweaty and disgusting looking....i mean really who the hell can watch basketball...a bunch of pituitary challenged giants, sweatin' all over the place....*rant over
  • I sweat a ton also.

But not only do I get the awesome around the neck and armpit sweat.....Oh no, I get the nice line that starts at my lower back and works it's way down my crack.......:grumble:

Yeah I accept it now. I used to be embarrassed but I like sweating, that means I'm doing something right. :drinker:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    I sweat a lot even if I don't workout- I have yet to find a deodorant that helps me... :indifferent:

Same here. And I always think I reek of B.O., but my husband can never smell it. So thankfully, I only gross myself out. (I think it's hormonal, I noticed it during my pregnancy with my son.) But yeah, I'm a sweater, especially my face. I'm very careful about wearing light colored shirts, because they always end up with pit stains, which is a bummer. Of course, dark colored shirts just show the big, wet, sweat spots, so there's no winning.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    I have always sweated a lot. Even at my ideal weight. Be happy your body is VERY good at cooling you down! If not, you would fall the hell out...LOL

Those not sweating are constantly on the verge of a heat stroke but just don't know it...LOL, joking